Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

The Eagles did not.  They gave a first, 3rd and 4th in current draft year.  1st following year.  2nd 2 years from the trade.  That is no where near what was put in that post.

Lawson = 1st round pick

2018 12th = 1st round pick

2018 22nd = 1st round pick

2019 1st  =  1st round pick

4 first round picks.  Then he also has 2 2nds this season and even more picks the following year.  That is straight lunacy.  You would literally be down 5 players in the first year.

Franchise QB has nothing to do with getting to top of draft.  There are more franchise QBs that come from beyond the first two picks than there are ones that come from the first two picks.

Cap space is the most overrated thing in all of football.  Cap space means zero in getting good players.

Are you seriously including Shaq as a first round trade chip?smh

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bucky Brooks on Rish Eisen show just now...

Complete reshuffling of the top 5 picks. Won't name the teams but it has to be the Bills. It's a multi team trade he said

With all the rumors flying around, if we end up sticking at 12 I'll be pretty disappointed. If the top 5 picks are being reshuffled I could see the Broncos ending up at #12 and us at #1 or #2. No way a trade at the top is happening unless we're involved. This is getting very interesting.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Thanks.   How did he characterize the restructuring/deal?

They didn't get too far into it.  Rich Eisen asked about Bucky's tweet from last night.

Rich asked him what he meant by that and Bucky said he wasn't going to name the teams involved but he said if it went down it would be monumental and completely reshuffle the top 5 picks of the draft.  He said you sometimes see these kinds of multi-team trades in the NBA but not in the NFL.  He said it was one of the QB needy teams that could jump up and get their guy and the other teams could also still get their guy plus some picks.  Sounds like he is talking about the Bills-Browns-Giants rumor but he wouldn't say.  Sounded like there might be players involved, not just draft picks.  If they post the audio or anything I'll try and post it here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, kdiggz said:

They didn't get too far into it.  Rich Eisen asked about Bucky's tweet from last night.

Rich asked him what he meant by that and Bucky said he wasn't going to name the teams involved but he said if it went down it would be monumental and completely reshuffle the top 5 picks of the draft.  He said you sometimes see these kinds of multi-team trades in the NBA but not in the NFL.  He said it was one of the QB needy teams that could jump up and get their guy and the other teams could also still get their guy plus some picks.  Sounds like he is talking about the Bills-Browns-Giants rumor but he wouldn't say.  Sounded like there might be players involved, not just draft picks.  If they post the audio or anything I'll try and post it here

That's impossible....posters here said that player trades never happen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

If this trade is legit, any speculation as to when is it most likely to happen?  

I'm hoping like 1:30 today!:lol:

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That's impossible....posters here said that player trades never happen. 

Outside the box thinkers involve players in their trades!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If this trade is legit, any speculation as to when is it most likely to happen?  

Cleveland will need to figure out who they are taking.  It all depends on that really.  Beane or Gettleman aren't calling them and giving away who they plan on taking.  They have to say we are taking Allen, but if you want Darnold before the Jets or Broncos get him then we can try and figure something out.  Luckily Beane and Gettleman worked with each other and Dorsey has traded with the Bills last year as well as this year so they have an open channel there.

Just now, kdiggz said:

Cleveland will need to figure out who they are taking.  It all depends on that really.  Beane or Gettleman aren't calling them and giving away who they plan on taking.  They have to say we are taking Allen, but if you want Darnold before the Jets or Broncos get him then we can try and figure something out.  Luckily Beane and Gettleman worked with each other and Dorsey has traded with the Bills last year as well as this year so they have an open channel there.

Exactly, if Cleveland knows that they can get Allen at 4, that gives them incentive to trade out of that first pick. I am willing to bet McCoy is going to be wearing a Browns uniform if this trade goes down.

Just now, jkirchofer said:

Exactly, if Cleveland knows that they can get Allen at 4, that gives them incentive to trade out of that first pick. I am willing to bet McCoy is going to be wearing a Browns uniform if this trade goes down.

Even with Carlos Hyde?

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Yes, that makes sense.  I think this most likely implies that we want Darnold and are hoping Cleveland takes Allen.

23 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Thank you for the recap, KDiggz!

• Like (+1) 1

My excitement over getting to number 1 might outweigh the natural angst in my soul at us getting a USC qb...

@kdiggz   Did he actually reference a 3 way trade? Also, did he seem as if he thought it could actually happen? 

READDDDDD his mind for us! 

Edited by whatdrought

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

How would a trade THIS big get leaked?  Meaning, how did Bucky Brooks find out about it, and why would he keep everything to himself?  Why even mention it if you are not going to name the teams?