Should The Bills Let Richie Incognito Out Of His Contract

The newest developments in the Richie Incognito saga. He’s now begging the Bills to release him from his contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/15/richie-incognito-asks-to-be-released-from-his-contract/

If I’m the Bills, I say....HELL NO.  Sorry Richie but you agreed to a restructured contract that you were happ with and now you want to back out of it?  Nope sorry.  You can be Anquan Boldin Part 2.   

And I can’t figure out if Richie is a genius or a fool for using Twitter to publicly communicate with the team

Edited by BuffaloRush

No. Absolutely not. I’m sure he was given the option to restructure or be let go.  He made his choice. 

After bullygate, I didn’t think he could tarnish his image anymore.  I was wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

If he is under contract but he still wants to play, then maybe he has some trade value. I wouldn’t want him back at this point because he would probably have a bad attitude and would be a negative influence or a distraction. He won’t get a better deal somewhere else due to a bad reputation which is only getting worse with these Twitter rants. 

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Richie was great his last 3 seasons , even did his best to learn a complex blocking scheme last season. So they rewarded that effort with a pay cut . That was a real insult. 

Bills gave him the opportunity to rejuvenate and continue his career when others disregarded and black balled him. 

Made him a millionaire a few times over for his effort.

#twowaystreet

24 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The newest developments in the Richie Incognito saga. He’s now begging the Bills to release him from his contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/15/richie-incognito-asks-to-be-released-from-his-contract/

If I’m the Bills, I say....HELL NO.  Sorry Richie but you agreed to a restructured contract that you were happ with and now you want to back out of it?  Nope sorry.  You can be Anquan Boldin Part 2.   

And I can’t figure out if Richie is a genius or a fool for using Twitter to publicly communicate with the team

I don't think he's serious.  He refers here to AthletesFirst, the agents he just fired on twitter.

RI?  He's a fool.  I thought actually after last season that he had a lucrative career in broadcasting waiting for him -

he successfully redeemed his image with the Bills, he's good-looking when he dresses well, he's well-spoken, articulate about football -

all he had to do was keep it clean personally and avoid going too deep into politics. 

This twitter meltdown has that possibility of big $$ broadcast money in a second career flitting away from him like little birds. No network wants to sign a guy who might have a wierd grade-school-esque public twitter meltdown at any moment.

Edit: wrt releasing him sure - if a team approaches us pre draft and crosses our palm with sufficient numbers of picks.  Otherwise Hell to the No.

You wanna be regarded as a Man, be a Man - that means be true to your word

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, ALF said:

Richie was great his last 3 seasons , even did his best to learn a complex blocking scheme last season. So they rewarded that effort with a pay cut . That was a real insult. 

Cry me a river!  If you're so insulted to be offered $5.9M dollars to play football, just say "no", wait for your release, and sign somewhere else - see what the market brings you.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

I didn’t expect or understand the pay cut this year either.  He was clearly their best offensive lineman and wasn’t on some exorbitant contract. The amount of savings for the team was tiny and now they have another hole to fill.  Say what you want about Incognito’s quirkiness, but the guy was playing lights out since he came to Buffalo and he earned that pay raise. We are a worse team without him.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4