PURE SPECULATION: Is Beane Forcing Jackson Onto McDermott?

Gugny

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

how about 9 in the box and make him play qb...until you can horsecolla him like what ended the playoff game in jville.

no, i don't think that's the kind of qb we can look for as a long term guy...

Jackson has the passing skills and quick instincts to make them pay. A lot of people are underestimating his passing skills, which improved last year. He's going to be a top 10 QB in a few years.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills may end up drafting Jackson, but it wouldn't be due to Beane " forcing" him on anyone. If Jackson is the pick at QB, it will  mean they had to go from plan A to plan D. 

If Jackson is the pick, it means they finally got it right.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Did Beane lowball Incognito in an effort to make him quit?

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is going to get killed back there.

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

If you believe in conspiracies may I recommend the TV show the X-Files. It should satisfy your conspiratorial tendencies when you have these deep and dark thoughts. The major attraction of that show is Dana Scully.  I'm confident that you would  take notice of her impressive rack.  Although you will be distracted when you try to figure out what is going on. :ph34r:

Doug Marrone's daughter holds the key to all of this speculation.  Whaley knows what I am saying, and the Pegulas are complicit in the cover-up.  Beane and McDermott are rugs brought in to sweep the dirt under.  John Murphy knows all, but is unassailable.  The answer is contained in this question:  Why was Mike Tolbert on this team?

Edited by Blue on Blue

:ph34r:

59 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Not only is this theory possible and plausible, I would say it's probable!

Beane has never seemed to like McDermott and it wouldn't surprise me at all that he would force a QB on the HC.  Forcing Incognito into retirement is obviously part of the overall plot.

In fact, I've heard that Whaley has been whispering in Beane's ear, functioning as some type of counsel, ex-GM to new GM.  Lord only knows what Whaley is telling him to do!

Whaley is Wormtongue?

Edited by Turk71

12 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Jackson is garbage, they better not do all this trading for draft capital and wind up with garbage...

What if the plan is trade all our other capital to have 6 first rounders next year, draft Jackson with our only remaining first rounder, knowing we will be awful, and tank-away to ensure getting Lock next year??

Yeah.

I know it sounds crazy.

It's still probably more plausible than the OP thinking Beane would decimate the OLine to "force" Jackson into McDermott, since Beane can draft whoever he wants, no matter what McD thinks.

35 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What if the plan is trade all our other capital to have 6 first rounders next year, draft Jackson with our only remaining first rounder, knowing we will be awful, and tank-away to ensure getting Lock next year??

Yeah.

I know it sounds crazy.

It's still probably more plausible than the OP thinking Beane would decimate the OLine to "force" Jackson into McDermott, since Beane can draft whoever he wants, no matter what McD thinks.

Why do Buffalo fans always like to bring up tanking? Do you really enjoy losing that much or are just so used to it  you don't know any better?