Would you offer this trade

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not happening, they got this draft capitol to draft a QB, period.

We filled the holes last year and this year with solid free agents, we will never be a consistent contender without a franchise QB.

And so we are only getting one with some kind of a trade up.

BB:  If we use up our draft capitol on a high-risk rookie QB, we will continue to be beat up by BB.  There are no Lucks, Staffords, Rodgers, or Ryans in this draft.  Again, hear me now and believe me later, BB.

No.  I wouldn't do it as giving OBJ a headcase that would be a terrible fit for Buffalo.  In a more realistic scenario I would give up three firsts (two this year and one next year) to move up to the #2 spot.

10 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I thought about that but we have a third, two forths, a 5th, 6th and two 7th round picks.

However we would have our choice of QB, the assumption is we use some of our cap space in 2019 to sign Odell to a long term deal.  We would still have picks 56 and 65 to address immediate needs at LB and OT, pick 96 and and 4th to get a 2nd LB and G, then our 5th, 6th and 7th for slot corner, DT and RB.

An offense of Benjamin and Beckham with Jones in the slot, Clay at TE, McCoy in the backfield, Ivory getting touches to spell Shady and an offensive line with added depth to go with a solid D with two LB's added along with a slot corner and I'll roll into Foxboro with a fighting chance.

We went into foxboro with a fighting chance and would have taken the lead.....with Tyrod Taylor

No, we have too many holes to fill. Trade up if it's possible but don't give up the farm for it. None of these Qb's have Andrew Luck like talent. Take the best Qb available at whatever position you're drafting at and fill in the other holes on the team.

Was thinking about ways to make a dynamic improvement in the 2018 Buffalo Bills.

Here is my trade offer.

Bills offer pick 12, 22, 53, 1st and 2nd 2019 picks for Giants 2nd pick and Odell Beckham Jr.

Would you make this offer and would the Giants be interested.

Assuming Cleveland takes Josh Allen, who would you select at pick number 2?

Giants wouldn't be interested. 

Not enough value there for both the #2 and Beckham, IMHO. 

I'd love to get Beckham, but I just don't see the financially conservative Beane bringing in his contract. 

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Does he covet draft picks or did  he covet ammunition to get a qb?

He covets both. 

He does covet draft picks, though, that won't be able to be used to move up for a QB. Look at how he's already working on maximizing next year's comp picks.

But yeah, they've moved up  mostly to get their trade cache.

What the deal would break down would be:

12, 22 and Next Years First (slight overpay by Buffalo)

53 and next years 2nd for Odell, Giants now would have 4 picks in the top 53 this year, crazy draft capital in 2019, dump Odell's salary and can do a full rebuild next year with 8 picks total in rounds 1 & 2.

Bills get their franchise QB, two WR's in their prime and a young slot receiver.  A chance to keep building their roster with the remaining picks

Pick 56 - Malik Jefferson - LB

Pick 65 - Brandon Parker - OT

Pick 96 - Shaqueem Griffin - LB/S hybrid 

4th Round - Fred Warner LB

5th Round - Justin Jones - DT

6th Round - Taylor Hearn - G

7th Round - Holton Hill - CB

Yeah, if you look at it as two separate trades, it makes things clearer. 

The tradeup for the #2 would be a slight overpay ... in a market which demands large overpays for moving up to the top five. Looked at in terms of what teams have to pay to move up that high, this wouldn't be an underpay. 

And then two seconds for Odell would be ... IMHO an underpay. I think they're going to demand a 1st and more for Beckham if he goes.

I don't think they'd consider it. That's my opinion anyway. If we could do it and if I were GM, I would.

I don't think the Giants would be interested, partly for the reasons above and partly because if they don't pick a QB early, I think they're going to go all in on trying to win a title with Eli in the next couple of years, which would include keeping Beckham unless the deal was extraordinarily sweet. And at #12, they wouldn't be able to get one of the top four QBs or Barkley or Chubb. So they'd want a very rich haul indeed, IMHO.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, Ga boy said:

BB:  If we use up our draft capitol on a high-risk rookie QB, we will continue to be beat up by BB.  There are no Lucks, Staffords, Rodgers, or Ryans in this draft.  Again, hear me now and believe me later, BB.

All these guys are equivalent to them and can be franchise QBs.

16 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was thinking about ways to make a dynamic improvement in the 2018 Buffalo Bills.

Here is my trade offer.

Bills offer pick 12, 22, 53, 1st and 2nd 2019 picks for Giants 2nd pick and Odell Beckham Jr.

Yep I would offer it.

and be IMMEDIATELY laughed at by the Giants 

IMO the Giants would not take that deal.

ODB's asking price would proably be 2 1sts just by himself, meaning they are only getting one 1st and two seconds to drop to 12 and 22.

I think that IF there is a trade up, the cost is going to be so obscene it will shock people.

It could take 12, 22, 2019 1st, and both second rounders.

How about the Giants just give us #2 for the trouble of taking him off their hands.

That guy is heading for a lengthy suspension and it will probably be sooner rather than later.

Their is no way this brain trust trades for this player.....ever.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

All these guys are equivalent to them and can be franchise QBs.

I would agree that 1or 2 but not all;  but we don't know which 1 or 2 do we??

20 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

...someone should be fired for it............