If Allen Goes 1st Overall is the Season Already Over?

Season Over if Allen Goes #1  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Season Over if Allen Goes #1?

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s going to be entertaining on draft night when nothing anybody thought would happen, happens.

Because nobody knows anything.

And because people are LOCKED in on their QB of choice there are probably going to be some really, I mean really pissed off people.  I'm going to smile and laugh either way.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I'm the OP and I am NOT an Allen supporter.

Also, Lamar Jackson is NOT a great option at 12.  He's a 6 foot 3 inch version of Tyrod Taylor, who was traded.

Yea...so what's your point? He's a way better talent then Taylor. He scans the field like a QB, & can make every throw, & would of been over a 60% completion percentage if his WR's actually didn't drop the ball every game. Baker Mayfield is shorter then Taylor & he's a better talent. I'm sorry but I'm not understanding that logic 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

This scenario makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I'm the OP and I am NOT an Allen supporter.

Also, Lamar Jackson is NOT a great option at 12.  He's a 6 foot 3 inch version of Tyrod Taylor, who was traded.

Because Lamar Always Cuddles Kittens?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

So...you have inside information that the only two QB's the Bills want to draft are Allen and Darnold?

Excellent thread!

9 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Yea...so what's your point? He's a way better talent then Taylor. He scans the field like a QB, & can make every throw, & would of been over a 60% completion percentage if his WR's actually didn't drop the ball every game. Baker Mayfield is shorter then Taylor & he's a better talent. I'm sorry but I'm not understanding that logic 

Please watch this video and show me definitive evidence to prove that Jackson "can make every throw."  Please also take note of the game against North Carolina (where many here professed their eternal love for him) where he threw that long TD pass and ask yourself: if that had been a legitimate, NFL defensive back or linebacker, such as Jalen Ramsey or Myles Jack, would Jackson still have been able to elude that blitz or would he have been lit up on that play?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Please watch this video and show me definitive evidence to prove that Jackson "can make every throw."  Please also take note of the game against North Carolina (where many here professed their eternal love for him) where he threw that long TD pass and ask yourself: if that had been a legitimate, NFL defensive back or linebacker, such as Jalen Ramsey or Myles Jack, would Jackson still have been able to elude that blitz or would he have been lit up on that play?

This is just pure speculation on your part tho. If it was another NFL caliber defensive player like you suggest... Jackson would have found a way to adjust. It's what he do, that makes him so special

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I've seen him play, alot... give me a time to go to...so I can actually see what it is, your trying to say

Edited by Scorp83

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

if that had been a legitimate, NFL defensive back or linebacker, such as Jalen Ramsey or Myles Jack, would Jackson still have been able to elude that blitz or would he have been lit up on that play?

I used your logic

from this quote of yours

to the other poster

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't understand the premise here--I thought Allen was the most risky prospect and considered by a lot of pretty knowledgeable people to not even be worthy of being picked in the 1st rd let alone #1 overall? 

Isn't this actually a really good thing for the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ko12010 said:

I don't understand the premise here--I thought Allen was the most risky prospect and considered by a lot of pretty knowledgeable people to not even be worthy of being picked in the 1st rd let alone #1 overall? 

Not if it means Darnold is available to the Giants and they're no longer willing to trade the #2 spot.

28 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

And because people are LOCKED in on their QB of choice there are probably going to be some really, I mean really pissed off people.  I'm going to smile and laugh either way.  

100%.

Happens every and it will happen again.

2 minutes ago, ko12010 said:

Trust me bro... I'm just as baffled as you are... apparently on this forum, there seems to be a nice Josh Allen Crowd... why? I don't know... I haven't talk this much about a big arm kid, that's completely inaccurate, & can't throw to the flats IN PRACTICE at the Senior Bowl, with NO DEFENDERS rushing him... since JP Losman 

• Haha (+1) 2

Why would we care if Cleveland takes a UDFA-level guy 1st overall? 

Edited by SoFFacet

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Because, that means the Giants get Darnold, the Jets get Rosen and Denver gets Mayfield.  That leaves us with Lamar "Tyrod Taylor 2.0" Jackson and Mason Rudolph.

Oh, you're one of those people who thinks that Lamar is comparable to Tyrod. I see. 

But anyway, that sequence of events is far from forced. Any of those teams could deviate, and Cleveland could trade #4 as well. As a matter of fact, Cleveland taking Allen would do nothing but help the odds that a good QB is left for us. 

Edited by SoFFacet
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ko12010 said:

No, because if reports of the Giants wanting Darnold badly are true, then any chance of them dealing us #2 goes out the window. 

Then the Jets take Rosen...Browns don't move out of 4....

What a ridiculous question! Is the season over one minute into the draft? Should we go ahead and draft anyway, and maybe even play some football? Do you even know who their top choice is? He still might be very attainable. How do you come up with these? Better yet, WHY? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

What a ridiculous question! Is the season over one minute into the draft? Should we go ahead and draft anyway, and maybe even play some football? Do you even know who their top choice is? He still might be very attainable. How do you come up with these? Better yet, WHY? 

I think this whole thread was just trying to call out Klaista2k for some reason unbeknownst to me....

Not if it means Darnold is available to the Giants and they're no longer willing to trade the #2 spot.

You have no idea what the Giants are "willing" to do and neither does anyone else except maybe the Giants.

2 hours ago, ko12010 said:

It depends if you believe the rumors that NYG will take Darnold if he's there are 2.

IF true, and the Giants take Darnold, then Allen/Darnold/Rosen would come off the board 1/2/3 (and Denver supposedly really likes Mayfield)

IF not true, and the Giants are willing to trade down, select Barkley, or Chubb, then Allen going #1 to the Browns would be great for the Bills because (assuming the Bills don't trade to two) that leaves Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield on the board at pick 3 with only the Jets and possibly Denver ahead of us looking for QBs barring any trade ups.