Baker Mayfield

22 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Please be wrong. Mayfield screams imbecilic jackass- Bourbon, Manziel, with a sprightly twist of Ryan Leaf.

Anyone who has ever gotten drunk in college is just like johnny manziel. And baker is all about himself, not the team have you ever once heard him talk about the college team he played for, nope. 

I was waiting for the "insider source" connecting us to Mayfield. We have now officially been connected with every one of the top 4 QBs. I still have a hunch that we secretly love Mayfield but this report from Jeremy White doesn't make that more likely.

#1) I think the draft will unfold with Darnold as the #1 player off the board to Cleveland.

#20 NY Giants since trading JPP wants a pass rusher in Chubb.

#3) The NY Jets get so excited they fall six times running to the podium to select RB Sequon Barkley. 

#4) Cleveland is pissed they missed Barkley so they go CB in Minkah Fitzpatrick

#5) The Broncos have their choice of Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and they go Rosen.

#6) Indy wanted Chubb and since he didn't fall to them they trade out to Buffalo who selects either Mayfield or Allen. Or they stay put and draft OG Quinton Nelson to protect Luck. 

25 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

A couple things.  His stat sheet and 4 years of experience are unique in this draft.  By far the most accurate thrower and has some "gunslinger" in him. 

I guess this makes sense if we stay at 12 and see the top 3 guys taken in picks 1-5, a neighborhood we may not be able to move into.  Teams wanting a QB or RB Barkley or DE Chubb may not want to trade down.  Baker would seem to be the odd man out if only 3 QBs taken in first 5 picks. 

Baker Mayfield has some McD qualities - Baker is notable for being the first walk-on true freshman quarterback (Texas Tech) to start a season opener at a BCS school.  Then he walked on and won job at Oklahoma.  I believe McD walked on at William and Mary.  Both were thought to be undersized players as well.

I would be fine with him as our pick at 12 or with a trade to leapfrog Dolphins (say to # 10 or #9).  

Same, the kid is a winner and that same attitude we have seen before.