Sam Darnold Wants to Go to Cleveland

USC staffer: Hey guys, the weather patterns show that it’s gonna start raining right when we’re getting ready to throw. So we’re gonna move everything around, and have you throw before it rains and then have the O-line/D-line workout in the rain.
Darnold: Why are we doing that?
USC staffer: Well, so you don’t have to throw in the rain.
Darnold, looking to Palmer: No, we’ll just throw in the rain, right?
Palmer: Yeah.
Darnold: Perfect. I don’t care if it rains. I’m trying to go to Cleveland.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Breaking news, one of the top prospects wants to be the first overall pick. More at 11

News Flash! It's Cleveland.  That's a change from when players did not openly say that.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Maybe this is reverse psychology: he's claims he's trying to go to Cleveland, thereby exhibiting such poor judgement that he falls in the draft and ends up not going to Cleveland.  

It certainly makes more sense than wanting to go to Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, DC Tom said:

Maybe this is reverse psychology: he's claims he's trying to go to Cleveland, thereby exhibiting such poor judgement that he falls in the draft and ends up not going to Cleveland.  

They are set up nicely to succeed. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

USC staffer: Hey guys, the weather patterns show that it’s gonna start raining right when we’re getting ready to throw. So we’re gonna move everything around, and have you throw before it rains and then have the O-line/D-line workout in the rain.
Darnold: Why are we doing that?
USC staffer: Well, so you don’t have to throw in the rain.
Darnold, looking to Palmer: No, we’ll just throw in the rain, right?
Palmer: Yeah.
Darnold: Perfect. I don’t care if it rains. I’m trying to go to Cleveland.

Yes, he definitely wants to go to #1.   At his pro day he said he thinks Cleveland is going to be a very good situation.     

It makes sense........there SHOULD be a window there where they have one of the 2-3 most talented rosters in the NFL while he is on his first contract.

Then again........Cleveland could also blow that.

Also he wouldn't be following Eli...........and Cleveland is not a huge media town like Giants or Jets.

Buffalo is less intriguing for sure for these young QB's because they are an old team with tons of needs...........but that could change dramatically in 2-3 years if the Bills manage their chips right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes, he definitely wants to go to #1.   At his pro day he said he thinks Cleveland is going to be a very good situation.     

It makes sense........there SHOULD be a window there where they have one of the 2-3 most talented rosters in the NFL while he is on his first contract.

Also he wouldn't be following Eli...........and Cleveland is not a huge media town like Giants or Jets.

Buffalo is less intriguing for sure for these young QB's because they are an old team with tons of needs...........but that could change dramatically in 2-3 years if the Bills manage their chips right.

He recognizes that they are in a great position to build a team that could easily have a big window as a perennial contender. 

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No. If Buffalo had the first pick they’d be saying the exact same thing. 

Cleveland is NOT more desirable for a young qb. Kizer was drafted just last year, was totally mismanaged, fed to the wolves when everyone knew he wasn’t ready, and has been completely abandoned and will be lucky to be a third qb next year. 

Not desirable. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

No. If Buffalo has the first pick they’d be saying the exact same thing. 

Cleveland is NOT more desirable for a young qb. Kizer was drafted just last year, fed to the wolves when everyone knew he wasn’t ready, and has been completely abandoned and would be luck to be a third qb. 

Not desirable. 

You're kidding yourself with the way the team is being set up under the new regime. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're kidding yourself with the way the team is being set up under the new regime. 

No I’m not. Talent means nothing if the front office is known to destroy and mismanage young qbs. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I don't care if I throw in the rain. It doesn't matter if it makes me look bad because the Browns have the #1 pick and are up my backside about picking me anyway. I have no choice. "I'm trying to go to Cleveland" Darnold expressed in a very sarcastic tone.

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Maybe this is reverse psychology: he's claims he's trying to go to Cleveland, thereby exhibiting such poor judgement that he falls in the draft and ends up not going to Cleveland.  

Hate to say it but Cleveland are on the rise. They've got money and picks and are actually doing some good things with them. Wow, I never thought that I'd write those words about Cleveland and actually mean them!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Fair point. Guess we’ll see if anything’s changed. 

Bills fans are just getting caught thinking the grass is greener on the other side. They love the Browns picks and once the season starts and the Browns go 2-5 to start they will come flocking home.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lfod said:

Bills fans are just getting caught thinking the grass is greener on the other side. They love the Browns picks and once the season starts and the Browns go 2-5 to start they will come flocking home.

Don't be jealous of their sweet situation.  :angry:

Browns might be in great position. They might transition to a better team. Saying they will go from winless to 500 or better in a season is kinda like saying Peterman will lead the Bills to the Playoffs next season.

A lot is unknown but I agree they have potential. 

Just now, Lfod said:

Browns might be in great position. They might transition to a better team. Saying they will go from winless to 500 or better in a season is kinda like saying Peterman will lead the Bills to the Playoffs next season.

A lot is unknown but I agree they have potential. 

You think they are focused on short term success from last season? If so, I guarantee you they are looking well beyond 2018.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You think they are focused on short term success from last season? If so, I guarantee you they are looking well beyond 2018.

I agree with that. I think you guys are right about the fact that Cleveland owns this draft and should be trending up in the future. I just think some are over zealous about how fast it all goes down. 

If the Bills had the Browns picks I would think the same thing if we went winless last season.

Edited by Lfod

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are set up nicely to succeed. 

..SMART move bringing in Dorsey to run the show....now if Rebate Boy Haslam stays out of the way and Hughless doesn't stink up the joint, this gang could rise in very short order........

Thats a good attitude to have. Quite the contrast to him deciding to not throw at the combine. 

I like Darnold the most of the big 4 or 5(depending on how you see Jackson). I think the's got the highest floor as a decent qb. He's got tremendous upside as well. USC QB's recently... not so sure though. 

46 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Hate to say it but Cleveland are on the rise. They've got money and picks and are actually doing some good things with them. Wow, I never thought that I'd write those words about Cleveland and actually mean them!!!

When you say "Cleveland's on the rise," don't forget to add "And this time it's different!"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Translated: “I’m trying to be the number one pick.”

His words were chosen carefully. Notice he never said he “wants” to be in Cleveland like the title suggests. 

no one 'wants' to go to Cleveland :)

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He recognizes that they are in a great position to build a team that could easily have a big window as a perennial contender. 

The big question there is whether the coaching/management is competent enough to put anything sustainable together.

Philip Rivers fell into a wonderful situation in San Diego early in his career............people forget that for several years he had arguably the best talent around him in the NFL.........but non-QB talent is fleeting if the organization is bad.   John Butler/Marty transitioned to AJ/Norv.....Norv coached their window shut and the slide began.....Rivers has had support issues since as they've juggled leadership.

Haslam is a bad owner,   Hue is at best a non-matchup winner as a HC and Dorsey got fired at his last job.   Maybe they will rise above those  labels but it's more likely that they don't.