Would you trade Leighton Vander Esch, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, and Mason Rudolph for Josh Rosen?

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wouldn't, and I hope Brandon Beane agrees.

And this is even a bare minimum of what it would cost to get to #2. Using the chart, #12 (Vander Esch), #22 (Moore), #53 (Rudolph), and #65 (Penny) get you to #2, but because of the Jets trade, you'll probably have to give up significantly more than that. Is Rosen (or your other preferred QB other than Darnold) better than Rudolph to the extent that you're willing to just not have Vander Esch, Moore, Penny, and some other high-impact player?

I am firmly in the camp of keeping our picks at this point. The Bills are in position to build a dominant roster. Let McCarron, Rudolph, and Peterman compete.

FYI: the available players came from the Fanspeak draft simulator using Matt Miller's board and the difficult algorithm.

If they believe Rosen/Darnold/Allen is the guy then most definitely in less than 1 second.  

A top QB dwarfs all other positions 10 fold.  Vander Esch, Moore, Rudolph and Penny can all be found strewn throughout the league, but if you do not have the QB it is all for not.  

A dominant roster can win on a random year, but a top QB can win for a decade or more.  Give me the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

How do you know if Rosen will be that good? Now don't get me wrong... I like Rosen too but his Ceiling is Matt Ryan... It's not bad, but Rudolph with the right coach, in the right system...could be Phillip Rivers. 

So you ask him how he knows someone will be good then go on to state their ceilings yourself. And is phillip rivers even better than matt ryan?

9 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

And this is even a bare minimum of what it would cost to get to #2. Using the chart, #12 (Vander Esch), #22 (Moore), #53 (Rudolph), and #65 (Penny) get you to #2, but because of the Jets trade, you'll probably have to give up significantly more than that. Is Rosen (or your other preferred QB other than Darnold) better than Rudolph to the extent that you're willing to just not have Vander Esch, Moore, Penny, and some other high-impact player?

I am firmly in the camp of keeping our picks at this point. The Bills are in position to build a dominant roster. Let McCarron, Rudolph, and Peterman compete.

FYI: the available players came from the Fanspeak draft simulator using Matt Miller's board and the difficult algorithm.

HELL to the NO

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

So we get qb at 53.   That’s believeable. 

Give me Rosen.  

Sorry comrade I hope we stay away from Rosen , 

The whole premise of this thread is idiotic. No way to know if those players would be available at those picks. None of them have any more or less chance of being successful than Rosen. The draft is a crap shoot. With all the draft capital we have, this is the year to roll the dice.

10 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

If I can swap out Jackson for Rudolph I'd take that trade.

10 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Yes if you could FF in time and tell me Rudolph is a top 10 NFL QB.  

I like all those players and am higher on Rudolph than most. However, even if all those players turn into all pros and we missed on Rudolph, how far will we go in that tenure?

Of all those players the QB needs to be the strongest prospect of the bunch, and yes Rosen would amass to more than all those players combined, he'll be that much of a franchise QB.

7 hours ago, jr1 said:

Rosen was 6-6 as a starter this season. He can't carry a team. Not to mention his health issues 

This is the right perspective, in my opinion.  The QB who can single-handedly carry a team is whom everyone is clamoring to give up a lot of picks for, BUT those guys are VERY rare.  Brady, Rodgers and Brees are really about it playing today.  After that there are maybe a handful like Roethlisberger, Rivers and Ryan that are very good and can keep you competitive most years, but are not doing it without some talent around them.  

Realistically, the question is would you trade 3 1sts, and 2 2nds and a bit more to take a shot at someone who has a 50% chance to be Matt Ryan, .05% chance to be Rodgers and 49.95% chance that you'll end up with a total bust?

Edited by OldTimer1960

Buffalo Sports Page @buffsportspage 3m3 minutes ago

.@greggabe: I think Mason Rudolph's intangibles are head & shoulders above the other top QBs. He's smart & a good kid. His physical traits are comparable, but the intangibles are what can make a QB great.

FYI - intangibles are the number 1 trait Beane looks for in a QB...

Also listening to Gabriel on the Buffalo Sports page - he could have started this thread and appears to be in favor of staying put and filling LB, WR and drafting Rudolph.

Just putting some info out there...

Edited by Reed83HOF

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Buffalo Sports Page @buffsportspage 3m3 minutes ago

.@greggabe: I think Mason Rudolph's intangibles are head & shoulders above the other top QBs. He's smart & a good kid. His physical traits are comparable, but the intangibles are what can make a QB great.

FYI - intangibles are the number 1 trait Beane looks for in a QB...

I've seen this and I agree that intangibles are even more important than the physical talent.  I think Rudolph has good talent and if he is as smart and hard working as has been suggested, then I think he is being seriously under-estimated.

Before flaming away, please recognize that I am not necessarily lobbying to take Rudolph over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield.  Rather, I don't think it is a bad plan to keep their picks and take Rudolph, Jackson or Allen and then still have 22, 53, 56, 65 and 96 to get other good players (plus all of next yer's picks as well).

Edited by OldTimer1960