Manziel Throws at University of San Diego's Pro Day - Also Threw at Texas A&M Pro Day

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Have you done the things that JF has done? Domestic assault? Not take your job seriously? If you were blackballed in your field, wouldn't you want to show people you can be upstanding by taking a job somewhere and do well? Your paycheck is less important right now. 

Yup I was young and dumb once as well.  He is just a kid.  Are you perfect or just enjoy throwing stones.  You understand the pressure he was probably under in his youth.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Yup I was young and dumb once as well.  He is just a kid.  Are you perfect or just enjoy throwing stones.  You understand the pressure he was probably under in his youth.

That's some grade A excuse making there. 

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I'm done explaining it.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm done explaining it.

I understand it completely and don't agree with you.

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's some grade A excuse making there. 

I feel the way I feel for a reason.  I have my beliefs and you have yours.  We don't have to agree.  But it's called empathy if your interested.  I'm not condoning anything I'm just walking in his shoes for a minute.

32 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I understand it completely and don't agree with you.

I can understand being young and dumb. I can't understand being young and dumb till the point your an adult pissing away a golden opportunity to be a legend and to line your pockets doing the thing you love after getting into the NFL. That he hasn't done anything but slick talk to earn a second chance. 

I can understand being young and dumb and losing your first job at McDonald's at 16. This dude was past his college years and into his adult life in the NFL.

Pressure is what turns coal into diamonds. If he couldn't handle the pressure back then he probably can't handle it now. I think people are just saying the guy did have a pretty good opportunity already being drafted into the NFL. 

Now Johnny is on the outside looking in talking about his cloud 9 and 39 dreams. He wants to take two step forwards after taking a step back. 

If you can drink your probably 21 and considered an adult then! You can drive! It's probably time to be an adult because by then your actions have consequences. I can show pictures of gravestones of young and dumb people I knew. It's not always a laugh it off situation.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I can understand being young and dumb. I can't understand being young and dumb till the point your an adult pissing away a golden opportunity to be a legend and to line your pockets doing the thing you love after getting into the NFL. That he hasn't done anything but slick talk to earn a second chance. 

I can understand being young and dumb and losing your first job at McDonald's at 16. This dude was past his college years and into his adult life in the NFL.

Pressure is what turns coal into diamonds. If he couldn't handle the pressure back then he probably can't handle it now. I think people are just saying the guy did have a pretty good opportunity already being drafted into the NFL. 

Now Johnny is on the outside looking in talking about his cloud 9 and 39 dreams. He wants to take two step forwards after taking a step back. 

If you can drink your probably 21 and considered an adult then! You can drive! It's probably time to be an adult because by then your actions have consequences. I can show pictures of gravestones of young and dumb people I knew. It's not always a laugh it off situation.

But by the grace of God there go I.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Do I really need to rehash all the stupid **** Johnny did to destroy his own career?

What has he done to deserve another shot?

Deserve?  I guess he got back up and tried life again in spite of all the people like you guys.  That apparently made at most only one mistake and immediately corrected it.  I guess me and Johnny are all alone in that regard.

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Deserve?  I guess he got back up and tried life again in spite of all the people like you guys.  That apparently made at most only one mistake and immediately corrected it.  I guess me and Johnny are all alone in that regard.

I think your heart in the right place. I think you are drawing similarities in your life to Johnny's life. As far as addiction and recovery goes, obviously you root for a person to recover. I think that is the place the similarities end.

At one point he was a high draft pick in the NFL. Kudos to him for that because that in itself is an incredible achievement that not many people will achieve.

So why didn't he take the CFL route to prove that he has changed and fully focused on football? It was rumored the contract was out there and he turned it down. It has a feeling of a guy that feels he is entitled to an NFL job.

I don't think he is entilted to a job in the NFL. It isn't because he had a drinking problem. I think he doesn't deserve a shot because he skipped the CFL route and placing all his hopes into showing up at a PRO day and being seen. That doesn't sound like a guy with the attitude of doing everything and anything to prove he's serious about the job. 

That sounds like a guy with a big ego that wants to skip past building his reputation up because he's still living in the past. I was drafted I should be able to walk right back in the NFL. I think you and Johnny are not realizing that the CFL would be him picking up the pieces and getting it together.

It's a QB starved league. He's betting on a teams desperation instead of a team scouting him in the CFL reformed playing well and worthy of another try in the NFL. So instead of seeing a season of proof the guy is on track in the CFL to change my mind. I only see him show up for one pro day. 

Edited by Lfod

Another player speculation and another poster writing: watch the Pats, the Pats will pick him up. Blah blah!

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I think your heart in the right place. I think you are drawing similarities in your life to Johnny's life. As far as addiction and recovery goes, obviously you root for a person to recover. I think that is the place the similarities end.

At one point he was a high draft pick in the NFL. Kudos to him for that because that in itself is an incredible achievement that not many people will achieve.

So why didn't he take the CFL route to prove that he has changed and fully focused on football? It was rumored the contract was out there and he turned it down. It has a feeling of a guy that feels he is entitled to an NFL job.

I don't think he is entilted to a job in the NFL. It isn't because he had a drinking problem. I think he doesn't deserve a shot because he skipped the CFL route and placing all his hopes into showing up at a PRO day and being seen. That doesn't sound like a guy with the attitude of doing everything and anything to prove he's serious about the job. 

That sounds like a guy with a big ego that wants to skip past building his reputation up because he's still living in the past. I was drafted I should be able to walk right back in the NFL. I think you and Johnny are not realizing that the CFL would be him picking up the pieces and getting it together.

It's a QB starved league. He's betting on a teams desperation instead of a team scouting him in the CFL reformed playing well and worthy of another try in the NFL. So instead of seeing a season of proof the guy is on track in the CFL to change my mind. I only see him show up for one pro day. 

He denied the CFL contract because of his hand size. He never new they played with bigger balls!

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Whatever man.  Put some more Johnny posters up on your wall.   Maybe one day he can make you proud.

Likely not though.

There is little to zero downside to bringing him into camp and seeing first hand if he's changed or merely acting for the cameras.

On the flip side, the guy was one of the greatest college players of this generation and a first round pick in the NFL draft. Odds are he probably won't be the answer, but it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires on him when you are looking at AJ McCarron, Peterman, and a rookie in the QB stable. 

At the very least, Manziel would give the Bills some national buzz and media attention. He may even help sell some tickets for all of the folks who still believe in Johnny Football.

Edited by alluro

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Do I really need to rehash all the stupid **** Johnny did to destroy his own career?

What has he done to deserve another shot?

No, his idiotic self destruction was well documented. Deserving anything or not is irrelevant.  He might be able to play Quarterback at the highest level. That''s probably good enough for another shot. At least to the people who are actually calling them. 

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I've heard of him, let's sign him.

Johnny Manziel's potential NFL landing spots: Eight team fits

• By Nick Shook NFL.com

Manziel has a 'shot' at being signed by NFL team after 13 teams attended his pro-day workout

1) Buffalo Bills: We entered the offseason with a handful of teams demonstrating a clear need at the quarterback position, and all but one -- Buffalo -- found at least a short-term answer. With the Bills' current best option being AJ McCarron and second-best Nathan Peterman, this franchise is squarely in the market for another signal-caller. Much has been made about the Bills' ability to trade into the top five to grab a quarterback, but taking a flier on Manziel wouldn't be a crazy idea. After all, it is where he struck his famous coffin pose.

johnny-manziel-fumble-recovered-by-bills

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

37 minutes ago, alluro said:

There is little to zero downside to bringing him into camp and seeing first hand if he's changed or merely acting for the cameras.

On the flip side, the guy was one of the greatest college players of this generation and a first round pick in the NFL draft. Odds are he probably won't be the answer, but it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires on him when you are looking at AJ McCarron, Peterman, and a rookie in the QB stable. 

Manziel is proof people fall in love with the "flash" and image of a player instead of paying attention to the actual player.

Johnny Football owes his collegiate career and draft position to Evans and the other Aggies receivers. They bailed Johnny out constantly.

37 minutes ago, alluro said:

At the very least, Manziel would give the Bills some national buzz and media attention. He may even help sell some tickets for all of the folks who still believe in Johnny Football.

Rex Ryan created a national buzz and media attention for the Bills. How did that work out?

Until somebody can show me proof that a correlation exists between media attention and a better team on the field, this has to be one of the stupidest rationale to acquire anyone, whether its a HC or at best, a camp fodder QB.

Besides, do you think somebody will actually run out and buy Bills tickets just because JF made the camp fodder list?

It would be foolish to think media attention and hype doesn't lead to more ticket sales. Even if you don't think it will improve the team on the field, the Bills will want those extra ratings and sales.

I think Manziel is a better talent than AJ and Peterman and there is little if any downside to bringing him into camp and letting him have a shot.

5 minutes ago, alluro said:

It would be foolish to think media attention and hype doesn't lead to more ticket sales. Even if you don't think it will improve the team on the field, the Bills will want those extra ratings and sales.

I think Manziel is a better talent than AJ and Peterman and there is little if any downside to bringing him into camp and letting him have a shot.

He's not going to be invited to camp.

27 minutes ago, alluro said:

It would be foolish to think media attention and hype doesn't lead to more ticket sales. Even if you don't think it will impro UIve the team on the field, the Bills will want those extra ratings and sales.

:doh:

I'd love to hear your detailed breakdown why you think Johnny Flameout is more talented. A guy who couldn't even win the Browns job.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I rooting for Manziel. So So many people have problems in the world.. Why wish ill on them? It has no effect on our lives. I think everybody would be find it an amazing sports story. Heck on the 1% chance he turns out awesome at some point. Or at least has a respectable comeback.

That would be an amazing 30-for-30

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, alluro said:

Yes, media attention and hype lead to ticket sales. Heck, the Bills signed Terrell Owens just for that purpose. Why? Because the team was bad, and the organization needed something to generate fan interest in the team. Only the foolish (and there were a lot) expected Owens to be the spark that would propel the Bills onto better things.

Once again, the foolish paid attention to the hype, the splash, and the image, and were disappointed in the end.

But there is a difference in the kind of media attention. Bama gets all kinds of media attention. How good the coach is, how good the program is, etc ... That's the good kind.

Manziel got a ****load of media attention while on the Browns. Almost none of it good, and I doubt the Browns were slapping themselves on the back for it.

Owens was signed to be a starter. Manziel is a scrub, and is hoping somebody will sign him along with his baggage.

You want hype and media attention? Hope the Bills draft one of the top QBs. It will not matter which one.

You will have more hype and media attention than you can stand, regardless if the player is actually good or not.

1 hour ago, alluro said:

And I would vehemently disagree Manziel is a better QB than McCarron. McCarron is going to get an opportunity to compete for a starting position, even if it only ends being temporary. McCarron has proven to be a fierce competitor, a student of the game, and a leader.

Manziel is none of that. That's why he's going to play in the Spring League, hoping somebody will believe he got his crap together, turned his life around, and is deserving of another shot in the NFL. I hope he has turned his life around. I truly do.

On the football side, IMO, he's not a leader, nor does he have the will power or commitment to become a better player. He's camp fodder at best.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Yes, media attention and hype lead to ticket sales. Heck, the Bills signed Terrell Owens just for that purpose. Why? Because the team was bad, and the organization needed something to generate fan interest in the team. Only the foolish (and there were a lot) expected Owens to be the spark that would propel the Bills onto better things.

Once again, the foolish paid attention to the hype, the splash, and the image, and were disappointed in the end.

But there is a difference in the kind of media attention. Bama gets all kinds of media attention. How good the coach is, how good the program is, etc ... That's the good kind.

Manziel got a ****load of media attention while on the Browns. Almost none of it good, and I doubt the Browns were slapping themselves on the back for it.

Owens was signed to be a starter. Manziel is a scrub, and is hoping somebody will sign him along with his baggage.

You want hype and media attention? Hope the Bills draft one of the top QBs. It will not matter which one.

You will have more hype and media attention than you can stand, regardless if the player is actually good or not.

And I would vehemently disagree Manziel is a better QB than McCarron. McCarron is going to get an opportunity to compete for a starting position, even if it only ends being temporary. McCarron has proven to be a fierce competitor, a student of the game, and a leader.

Manziel is none of that. That's why he's going to play in the Spring League, hoping somebody will believe he got his crap together, turned his life around, and is deserving of another shot in the NFL. I hope he has turned his life around. I truly do.

On the football side, IMO, he's not a leader, nor does he have the will power or commitment to become a better player. He's camp fodder at best.

Agreed.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766383-johnny-manziel-tired-of-colin-kaepernick-comparisons-hes-changing-lives

The truth is a hard pill to swallow, right Bills fans?

I am no fan of Manziel, but good on him for not being afraid to speak the truth.  I may have misjudged him.

He may not be afraid to give his opinion. His take on Kaep is just that, not the " truth". There may be facts in it ( money donation) but it's far from fact. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Manziel Throws at University of San Diego's Pro Day - Will Also Throw at Texas A&M Pro Day
20 hours ago, stuvian said:

OBD should sign him, especially if we whiff at QB in the draft

Yep. He's said he'd take a no guaranteed $ deal. Little to no risk. The Bills situation is dire, they can't afford to pass up any decent option. Probably wouldn't pan out, but they need a QB. 

On 3/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Chicken Boo said:

No.  It's the truth.

Agreed. Kap did what he felt was right. Is standing up for an issue that without question exists. Put his career on the line to be an advocate for positive change.

Johnny Manziel really didn't need to speak out on this but it was a classy move.

Id certainly prefer Kap in Buffalo than Manziel.

However, my hope that a HC and GM are willing to sign Kap diminishes each day he goes unsigned. I understand why he isn't signed, IMO it has nothing to do with his ability to play football. Is this fair, no. But we're likely in for another season without him in the league.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

He sounds like he is on the right track now , good for him. 

Good for Josh Gordon also.

Josh Gordon... Ahhhh. Love this player on the field. Too bad Tyrod is his QB this year. I love Tyrod but he has his limitations as a passer and that's going to limit Gordon's impact.

Watching Josh Gordon at 100% is incredible. Kid was built to be the best WR on the planet. Hope we see that again someday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Agreed. Kap did what he felt was right. Is standing up for an issue that without question exists. Put his career on the line to be an advocate for positive change.

Johnny Manziel really didn't need to speak out on this but it was a classy move.

Id certainly prefer Kap in Buffalo than Manziel.

However, my hope that a HC and GM are willing to sign Kap diminishes each day he goes unsigned. I understand why he isn't signed, IMO it has nothing to do with his ability to play football. Is this fair, no. But we're likely in for another season without him in the league.

It isn't only about his ability to play football, this is true.  But if you think his ability to play has nothing to do with it, I would disagree.  He was 11-24 his last three years in the league.  At 11-24 you have to wonder if a guy is even backup material.   When you're looking for a backup you want a guy who can win half of the games he starts, not 30%.

If Colin Kaepernick was a superstar who could routinely get your team to the playoffs he would be in the league.  Instead he is someone who would be competing for a backup position and garnering a ton of unwanted attention.  Bottom line is fringe roster players dont get to be distractions, he isn't a special case and it isnt collusion.