I’m not anxious for Beane to make anymore moves!

Wow, this guy doesn’t have the best of luck!

A) Trades Sammy for EJ, looks like EJ is gonna walk in free agency. Sammy plays 1 year for the Rams and then lands a monster contract with the Chiefs.

B) Trades back in last year’s 1st rd and the Chiefs promptly lands Mahomes who looks like he is going to be a stud and we stay stuck with Tyrod. Now we pick up draft capital but probably not enough to land a franchise QB of our own. At least we got TreDavious out of it.

C) Trades Ronald Darby for Jordan Matthews. We all know how that worked out, Darby ends up going to a Super Bowl winning team and Matthews gets injured in the first 15 minutes in his first practice with the Bills and once again looks like another player that we traded for is going to walk in free agency once again. Oh, let me be fair about this, we did get a 3rd rd pick out of this fiasco.

D) Let’s trade again! We traded Reggie Ragland, a 2nd rd pick, to once again the Chiefs. We are Kansas City’s greatest asset! They make all kinds of moves of shedding big contracts on aging veterans and replacing them with potentially great young players with cheap contracts and all because we are great enablers! What is it with us and these !@#$ing Chiefs??!!! 

E) We shed ourselves of a horrendous contract by offing Marcel Dareus, another high draft pick, #3 overall for a bag of peanuts when all the while we are left with Adolphus Washington, a proven idiot who openly plays around with a gun in front of a police officer. Now I do understand moving Dareus but man the return on our dollars from the last few drafts have been pennies!

F) Don’t stop me, just call me butter because I’m on a roll. Once again another trade! This time we couple our 1st rd pick with our starting LT, yes a starting LT, to move up to get in position to grab a franchise QB but it may not be enough. Now I get it, Cordy can’t stay healthy and has a big fat contract but he is a starting LT ( have I mentioned that yet??). 

G) I love the thought behind it, rewarding a Pro Bowl C who is eternally loyal to the franchise with a nice big extension but ends up out of the blue with a career ending injury by season’s end and now have a real quandry on his hands on how to resolve this !@#$ing abortion of a move. 

H) Well, if you don’t succeed at first at trading for a WR then let’s try again! Our brain trust goes out and trades with and for an organization and player that he is familiar and comfortable with in Kelvin Benjamin. Now I like Benjamin and still thinks that he’ll be a great player for us but man we no sooner get him he lands up getting hurt and has to play out the bulk of the season for us injured, no where’s able to play up to his capabilities! All I want to know at this point is who in the hell has got it in for us??!!! Enough is enough!

I) Well, now the latest. The guy, last year’s 2nd rd pick, that is going to be our bright star at the WR position suddenly is found running around stark naked screaming that he is fighting for God just before he attempts to jump out a 30th floor window. Listen folks, I’m not making any of this **** up. What the hell is going on around here??!!! Maybe we should blow our wad of draft picks on a QB so we can eliminate numerous mistakes and just keep it to one!

Go Bills???

• Haha (+1) 1

Ok 'butter', ill bite..

Regardless of how accurate that is, it's quite a list. Might as well throw a J on up there too for trading up;)

Truthfully, a person who can make it to ( I ) in bullet points as to why they dislike Beane seems generally miserable and unless dude went out of his way to kick your cat - I can't see you liking any outcome. 

Perhaps, it's safe to say you just aren't a Beane fan? Seems you are in the minority on most and maybe just had a day...?

Edited by gobills1212

34 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

A) Trades Sammy for EJ, looks like EJ is gonna walk in free agency. Sammy plays 1 year for the Rams and then lands a monster contract with the Chiefs.

B) Trades back in last year’s 1st rd and the Chiefs promptly lands Mahomes who looks like he is going to be a stud and we stay stuck with Tyrod. Now we pick up draft capital but probably not enough to land a franchise QB of our own. At least we got TreDavious out of it.

C) Trades Ronald Darby for Jordan Matthews. We all know how that worked out, Darby ends up going to a Super Bowl winning team and Matthews gets injured in the first 15 minutes in his first practice with the Bills and once again looks like another player that we traded for is going to walk in free agency once again. Oh, let me be fair about this, we did get a 3rd rd pick out of this fiasco.

D) Let’s trade again! We traded Reggie Ragland, a 2nd rd pick, to once again the Chiefs. We are Kansas City’s greatest asset! They make all kinds of moves of shedding big contracts on aging veterans and replacing them with potentially great young players with cheap contracts and all because we are great enablers! What is it with us and these !@#$ing Chiefs??!!! 

E) We shed ourselves of a horrendous contract by offing Marcel Dareus, another high draft pick, #3 overall for a bag of peanuts when all the while we are left with Adolphus Washington, a proven idiot who openly plays around with a gun in front of a police officer. Now I do understand moving Dareus but man the return on our dollars from the last few drafts have been pennies!

F) Don’t stop me, just call me butter because I’m on a roll. Once again another trade! This time we couple our 1st rd pick with our starting LT, yes a starting LT, to move up to get in position to grab a franchise QB but it may not be enough. Now I get it, Cordy can’t stay healthy and has a big fat contract but he is a starting LT ( have I mentioned that yet??). 

G) I love the thought behind it, rewarding a Pro Bowl C who is eternally loyal to the franchise with a nice big extension but ends up out of the blue with a career ending injury by season’s end and now have a real quandry on his hands on how to resolve this !@#$ing abortion of a move. 

H) Well, if you don’t succeed at first at trading for a WR then let’s try again! Our brain trust goes out and trades with and for an organization and player that he is familiar and comfortable with in Kelvin Benjamin. Now I like Benjamin and still thinks that he’ll be a great player for us but man we no sooner get him he lands up getting hurt and has to play out the bulk of the season for us injured, no where’s able to play up to his capabilities! All I want to know at this point is who in the hell has got it in for us??!!! Enough is enough!

I) Well, now the latest. The guy, last year’s 2nd rd pick, that is going to be our bright star at the WR position suddenly is found running around stark naked screaming that he is fighting for God just before he attempts to jump out a 30th floor window. Listen folks, I’m not making any of this **** up. What the hell is going on around here??!!! Maybe we should blow our wad of draft picks on a QB so we can eliminate numerous mistakes and just keep it to one!

Go Bills???

Beane was not the GM for the Bills draft last year, it was still Doug Whaley so B) & I) have nothing to do with Beane.

I would say give him a chance and let's just see how the process plays out.  At least all the trades have made fur the Bills to be interesting over the past year!

I like your butter on a roll!! LOL!!

Darby and Watkins were not traded for players....they were traded for draft picks to use this year to go after a qb...we just happened to also get players in the trades to help fill the holes made by the trades...its a shame Mathews got injured cuz reading his stats felt like he could have helped...EJ I think was a surprise to most...when he wasn't injured he played very well, but I think mcbeane decided EJ wanted to much $$ for how much he actually sees the field...once he realizes he won't get what he's looking for I'd like to see him come back and play nickel

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Go Bills???

But tell us how u REALLY FEEL....

Also you forgot to mention that the Bills got a 2nd rd draft pick out of the Watkins trade... An extra 1st rd pick out of the KC trade up last year that may still be useful in one manner or another - the draft isn't for another month yet...

I also would not exactly refer to Cordy Glenn as our "Starting LT". He hasn't been that for a couple of years now. Dion Dawkins has taken over and after a rough start has improved quite a bit - making Cordy expendable... That draft pick is also yet to be used as well...

It's also not McBean's fault that Dareus turned into such a lump of coal... After this year he is off the books and next year the Bills should have over a hundred million in available cap space to restock the shelves as it were... That is a very good thing...

Hopefully, Zay gets his act together... "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... We have all made mistakes in life - things we regret having done... maybe Zay actually learns something and devotes himself to being the football player we all want him to be... Nobody got seriously hurt this time... Let's hope he takes what happened to heart... By the way, not to digress here but Whaley actually made that pick... So cut Beane a little slack - at least until after the draft...

Edited by DefenseWins

To early to know how all the moves ultimately turn out.

Wayyyyy to early to give mahomes credit for any thing. I'd be shocked if he turns into any thing special.

He did good in one game against a team that wasn't in contention in the last game of the season??? A bit premature (like the NFL media hype machine) to crown him. Then again Bradford got 20mil so hey its the NFL.

51 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

When Mahomes bottoms out a lot of people will look dumb

My thoughts exactly.

I bet the Chiefs win 6 games or less and half that number will come in the first 6.

Once the league figures this kid out they are dead in the water.

BTW how many games did Cordy start last year?

Dawkins was a rookie and performed just as good.

I hated the Wrex hire and stuck it out,these guys are the real deal and this mess will be fixed sooner than later.

The Kelvin Benjamin trade was horrible. Trading up for Zay with plenty of other good guys still available was annoying.

Dareus was actually coming on and then we traded him, I didn't like that. It showed in the field how much it hurt. 

Other than that, they've done a pretty good job. Not every move is going to be perfect, but they need to at least attempt getting a QB for me to stay hopeful.

Edited by Elite Poster

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Doesn't this completely validate the trade since Sammy got 16m for a 500-yard season (and not from the Rams). He wasn't going to have a better season here, and we got a cornerback who helped us go to the playoffs. We also got a 2nd round pick, but you conveniently leave that out to fit your narrative of freaking the bleep out. EJ hasn't walked in free agency yet, and if he does, we got a replacement already who is a two-time pro bowler for cheap. Yes, he's been injured, but so has EJ.

Remind me how many career TDs Mahomes has. Zero? Ok. Let's call him a stud after he actually plays well.

At least you're "fair" on this one (not sure why you omitted the other draft pick). Darby was also hurt much of the season and while he played well enough, he was hardly the reason they won. Oh, let me be fair about this ... the jury's still out on this one.

The Chiefs who we beat last year and who got just as far as we did? Actually, I hated this move, too, but you can't win em all.

This one, I'm not sure what your issue is. We have Kyle and Star at DL, so ????? I didn't love this one either, but I get the plan, a ton of cap space in 2019.

I'd say you're more like parkay, you might be "on a roll" but that's not necessarily a positive. While I would have liked to try him at another position, we do have our new LT who played well so there is a logic, plus it puts us in a good position on draft day (despite anything the Jets may have done), and again removes a ton of cap space from 2019, which theoretically would make us free agency players while our new QB (we'll see how that goes) is going into his second season.

You love the thought behind it? Ok, then you should be fine. Was he supposed to predict Wood's career-ending injury. Stuff happens.

They got a WR you like. He's under contract next year. The injury was frustrating. So was the blown call on an amazing catch in the Pats game that might have changed the momentum of that game. Let's move on.

Um, he's supposed to predict a WR who set a record for catches, was a four-year starter, and by all accounts was a stand-up kid all his life who raised money for charity and had zero prior red flags would suddenly freak out one day and try to kill himself? It's a bizarre event, but it's also bizarre to blame Beane for any of it. And, to your last point, in that same draft we got a guy who is already a top ten cornerback (and in a passing league isn't that pretty vital), our actual starting LT from last season, and a LB in the 5th round who had some spectacular plays last year (and a QB who looked mostly terrible and another LB who {shrug}).  

Go Bills???

Yes, go Bills!!!

Edited by thurst44

Why leave out Beane's trade of Taylor to Cleveland for the top pick of the 3rd round? Many posters believed we should not even bother trying to trade Taylor because he was worth nothing. Beane has had to do a bunch of housecleaning and the cap situation will be much better next year. If you make enough moves, odds are they are not going to all work out. But as a GM, you can't be afraid of failure because some things are out of your control (eg. injuries). He has done a pretty good job so far and I trust that Beane knows what he is doing. 

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Everyone....look at Butter! He's exercising his right to free speech! Way cool! Way to go Butter!

Reminds me of the old saying that goes something like..."It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

ditto....there's 5 minutes i'll never get back....

• Like (+1) 1