Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

It's all good, it wasn't widely reported for some reason. They had private workouts with all of the top 4 guys in addition to speaking with them at the combine and (for those that attended) the senior bowl. If they are then also bringing them in for a visit then that is a big deal because they are either saying yes we like what we see and we want to know more. Or it could be a smoke screen by Beane. He said he would have a couple of visits specifically for that reason. I wonder which of the other top 4 will be in for a visit?

It's been stated and confirmed by Beane that Rosen will be in for a visit.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On a different note it is also said that people who have more birthdays live longer.

We can list this one in the the "No Chit Sherlock category. of course he was coming in for a visit.

The only real question is do we have any chance at being in a position to actually draft him. Do not see him lasting till 12, don't see us giving away 3 1st rd picks to move to 1 or 2 either

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Allen or bust

Sign me up for Bust

33 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Already worked him out but now bringing him in for a visit. Interesting. Either they really like him, are realizing hes the only one they have a realistic shot at, or this is a smoke screen.

I'm sure they like him as a QB, despite the lack of stature.  I think his biggest issue is personality fit, and that's what they really want to get into now.

His former teammate and close friend Mark Andrews says Mayfield takes high-profile criticisms very seriously: “It could be the smallest thing in the world, but in his head it’s the world ending.” Andrews, the Mackey-award winning OU tight end, remembers Mayfield walking around the football facility with a large sign reading “Pretenders”—a reference to ESPN analyst Lee Corso’s take on the Sooners’ national title prospects. Today, Mayfield is keeping a list of the media members who have crossed a line, he says, and he stores screenshots of offending tweets in his phone. All of it serves as motivation when he’s working out alone, he told Wilson.

“Even if you do have success, people are going to say negative things about you, and you have to handle that,” Thomas says. “Look how much negativity is around Tom Brady. I think in college you get sort of insulated, because most of the beat writers are kinda homers, and if you’re a really successful player like Baker, you probably haven’t been exposed to a lot of critics, but in the NFL that changes no matter who you are.”

“The thing that scares me about someone who is motivated by criticism,” Thomas says, “is that he could become overwhelmed with the amount of negative. You wonder with Baker, is there a critical mass where there’s so much criticism, and there are so many people saying he can’t do it, he just gives up? When your confidence has been shattered, you lose love for the game, because what people were saying about me was so important.

“I think I’ve seen that in Cleveland and also with a lot of young quarterbacks all over the league, because most of them have a lot of success their whole lives, and all of a sudden the NFL is a different game, and everything they thought they knew about themselves—that they were great leaders, and they could throw the ball and read defenses, and that their will would always overcome—they start to question those things and lose their confidence, and some never regain it.”

“The highly competitive, borderline arrogant, angry individual,” says Ryan Leaf, the No. 2 overall pick of the 1998 NFL draft (who has not met Mayfield). “The biggest thing for me will be how he deals with failure. That’s where my downfall was, when things began to fall apart, how I was able to deal with that. When the media is on you, you play a bad game, your whole city is on you, that’s where we’ll see where Baker Mayfield is at. Right now there’s no evidence to back up that when things get tough, he won’t break.”

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Allen or bust

Bust

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

His former teammate and close friend Mark Andrews says Mayfield takes high-profile criticisms very seriously: “It could be the smallest thing in the world, but in his head it’s the world ending.” Andrews, the Mackey-award winning OU tight end, remembers Mayfield walking around the football facility with a large sign reading “Pretenders”—a reference to ESPN analyst Lee Corso’s take on the Sooners’ national title prospects. Today, Mayfield is keeping a list of the media members who have crossed a line, he says, and he stores screenshots of offending tweets in his phone. All of it serves as motivation when he’s working out alone, he told Wilson.

“Even if you do have success, people are going to say negative things about you, and you have to handle that,” Thomas says. “Look how much negativity is around Tom Brady. I think in college you get sort of insulated, because most of the beat writers are kinda homers, and if you’re a really successful player like Baker, you probably haven’t been exposed to a lot of critics, but in the NFL that changes no matter who you are.”

“The thing that scares me about someone who is motivated by criticism,” Thomas says, “is that he could become overwhelmed with the amount of negative. You wonder with Baker, is there a critical mass where there’s so much criticism, and there are so many people saying he can’t do it, he just gives up? When your confidence has been shattered, you lose love for the game, because what people were saying about me was so important.

“I think I’ve seen that in Cleveland and also with a lot of young quarterbacks all over the league, because most of them have a lot of success their whole lives, and all of a sudden the NFL is a different game, and everything they thought they knew about themselves—that they were great leaders, and they could throw the ball and read defenses, and that their will would always overcome—they start to question those things and lose their confidence, and some never regain it.”

“The highly competitive, borderline arrogant, angry individual,” says Ryan Leaf, the No. 2 overall pick of the 1998 NFL draft (who has not met Mayfield). “The biggest thing for me will be how he deals with failure. That’s where my downfall was, when things began to fall apart, how I was able to deal with that. When the media is on you, you play a bad game, your whole city is on you, that’s where we’ll see where Baker Mayfield is at. Right now there’s no evidence to back up that when things get tough, he won’t break.”

Because Walking On Twice Wasnt Tough, Go Back To Jail Ryan.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Perfect 1st 2 rounds.  I would love if they just have to give up 2019's 1st rounder to get up to 4.  They need to fill a lot of holes still w/o much cap space, so need lots of rookies to fill holes.

Next year they have a lot of cap space that can fill any holes they have.  So less draft picks are doable.