Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Baker is not 6'1.

yep he is 5 11 like brees. these guys have creative imaginations in the nfl. remember they used to list Flutie at 5 10??? im 6 1 + and stood next to him practically a head taller;)

great great athlete though.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Maybe you shouldn't. At the combine he measured 6' 5/8". 1" shorter than rodgers, taller than Wilson, and about the same as Brees/Taylor

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Aaron Rogers is only an inch taller than Baker

Hmm interesting.

I just think the height thing is drastically overblown. He is arguably the most accurate passer in this draft, has the most competitive drive and has won big games against some of the best competition in the NCAA. Not to mention he thrives off of rivalry. 

He WILL mature. He responds to coaching. I think Mc Coach can do wonders with him.

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Hmm interesting.

I just think the height thing is drastically overblown. He is arguably the most accurate passer in this draft, has the most competitive drive and has won big games against some of the best competition in the NCAA. Not to mention he thrives off of rivalry. 

He WILL mature. He responds to coaching. I think Mc Coach can do wonders with him.

I agree--the question is really "Can they play football or not??"

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Hmm interesting.

Did you really just reply to yourself??

13 minutes ago, Tcali said:

yep he is 5 11 like brees. these guys have creative imaginations in the nfl. remember they used to list Flutie at 5 10??? im 6 1 + and stood next to him practically a head taller;)

great great athlete though.

They measured him 6' 5/8" at the combine

Not "5'11 like Brees"

They don't have creative imaginations.

You are exaggerating.

You aren't a "head taller" than flutie if you are 6'1"

That would put flutie at like 5'3".

Just stop the bullshi*t

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

They measured him 6' 5/8" at the combine

Not "5'11 like Brees"

They don't have creative imaginations.

You are exaggerating.

You aren't a "head taller" than flutie if you are 6'1"

That would put flutie at like 5'3".

Just stop the bullshi*t

sounds like you bought the koolaid. flutie aint close to 5 10. more like 5 8. I have stood next to guys 6 6 and a half--and they are a head taller than me at slightly over 6 1.

everyone who has seen mayfield knows he isnt near 6 1. But relax it doesnt matter. Can the guy play football?? I like Mayfield more than any of the other prospect exc possibly Dee Arnold

13 minutes ago, Tcali said:

sounds like you bought the koolaid. flutie aint close to 5 10. more like 5 8. I have stood next to guys 6 6 and a half--and they are a head taller than me at slightly over 6 1.

everyone who has seen mayfield knows he isnt near 6 1. But relax it doesnt matter. Can the guy play football?? I like Mayfield more than any of the other prospect exc possibly Dee Arnold

The human head isn't 5" tall

Pull out a dollar bill

That is 6" exactly

The average human head is between 8-9"

So, if you are 6'1" then you are claiming flutie is 5'5"-5'6"

So like I said

You're exaggerating

Every single time I see this guy I feel like I am watching the next Drew Brees.  The guy can read a defense, gets the ball out on time, and is deadly accurate.  If he was 2 inches taller, there is not a doubt in my mind he would be the #1 overall pick.

Honestly, I think he is the perfect QB for the Bills and where offense is going in the NFL.  Because his decisions are so quick, and he can read a defense faster than most, coupled with arm strength and decent mobility, it makes him the perfect kind of guy to run an RPO based offense.  I think this is the next big thing in the NFL and what we have seen to this point from the Eagles and a couple other teams is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to RPO based offenses.  This guy will be great at it.  He can make every throw you want on the football field while also using the right amount of touch on all of his throws when necessary.  Add in his fiery competitiveness and underdog mentality, there is no better team he could end up on than the Bills.

For me, not coming out of of this draft with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield would be an all time failure on Beane's part.  With the ammo we have, there is no reason we shouldn't get 1 of those 3 guys.  No excuses.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Every single time I see this guy I feel like I am watching the next Drew Brees.  The guy can read a defense, gets the ball out on time, and is deadly accurate.  If he was 2 inches taller, there is not a doubt in my mind he would be the #1 overall pick.

Honestly, I think he is the perfect QB for the Bills and where offense is going in the NFL.  Because his decisions are so quick, and he can read a defense faster than most, coupled with arm strength and decent mobility, it makes him the perfect kind of guy to run an RPO based offense.  I think this is the next big thing in the NFL and what we have seen to this point from the Eagles and a couple other teams is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to RPO based offenses.  This guy will be great at it.  He can make every throw you want on the football field while also using the right amount of touch on all of his throws when necessary.  Add in his fiery competitiveness and underdog mentality, there is no better team he could end up on than the Bills.

For me, not coming out of of this draft with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield would be an all time failure on Beane's part.  With the ammo we have, there is no reason we should get 1 of those 3 guys.  No excuses.

I agree with everything you said about Baker and it is going to be real disappointing if we have to play him 2x a year for 15 or so years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LedyardCTbillsfan said:

I agree with everything you said about Baker and it is going to be real disappointing if we have to play him 2x a year for 15 or so years.

If we have darnold or Rosen and they are all and equal it's okay

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What are you talking about!? He makes most of his plays in the pocket.

The thing is, yes....this is a highlight reel.  But I have watched virtually every game he has played and while these are the highlights, this is how he plays week in and week out.  He makes every throw you could possibly ask for, mostly from the pocket.  The guy has every opportunity to be a great QB for a long time and I will love to do whatever it takes to get him.  As I have been saying, if the Bills don't come away from the Draft with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield, it is an all time failure by Beane.  With all the ammo he has, and not to get one of these 3 guys, is inexcusable.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1