Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

40 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Mayfield actually creates trouble for himself in the pocket, but drifting into pressure or not hitting his reads when they are open, or anticipating the routes. 

He still completed 75% of his passes from the pocket.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like Mayfield a lot. More than most here, probably. I'd be ecstatic if the Bills were able to draft him, but I don't see it happening. 

I literally think he could be as good as Aaron Rodgers. Id give our first four picks for him and 1 next year, I hate the idea of him playing for the Jets..

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

F8CA04CF-CD3D-4C30-A19C-EF573A081D32.jpeg

Did Johnny football fail because of his height? Would they have overlooked his drug problem and not showing up to team activities if he were taller? 

59 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The evidence is mounting. Keep him in the pocket and watch him flounder 

I actually watched him play Flounder in his middle school production of the little mermaid. He wanted to play Erik but they said he was too short for the role. Heck of a show though. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billspro said:

I have never been more nervous for a draft. 

Me too -- mostly because there are so many question marks surrounding these top QB's. I'd hate to see us trade up for a guy that busts, but sooner or later we have to take that risk if we ever want to be great like we were in the mid 60's.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Me too -- mostly because there are so many question marks surrounding these top QB's. I'd hate to see us trade up for a guy that busts, but sooner or later we have to take that risk if we ever want to be great like we were in the mid 60's.

Do they? I'm all for trading up to get a QB and think that the Bills will. However, I'd guess that most SB winning teams or even just great/ very good teams did not trade up to draft their QB. 

28 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Did Johnny football fail because of his height? Would they have overlooked his drug problem and not showing up to team activities if he were taller? 

I actually watched him play Flounder in his middle school production of the little mermaid. He wanted to play Erik but they said he was too short for the role. Heck of a show though. 

I though we were just posting pictures of short QBs and I couldn’t find a good y a tittle  

It's a tough spot. I don't like short quarterbacks. Everyone uses Brees and Wilson as examples. 

Brees had an unbelievable career at Purdue. Just ridiculously accurate, really smart, sneaky clean. He's a once in a lifetime player. Yet he went in the second round and didn't really hit his grove until he got with Sean Payton.

Wilson is an unbelievable athletic. Awesome speed and all that stuff. Huge hands, really smart and squeaky clean. He went in the 3rd. 

Here we have Mayfield. He's a gamer, shows some promise with accuracy in the pocket etc. He ain't Brees though. He can make plays with his legs, but not near the athlete of Wilson. With his 4.81 forty even Preston Brown might run him down. Plus there are off the field issues and he is very abrasive and likes to make excuses. I do think he has a chance to make it. 

The guy can obviously play and he has some projectable skills. But Mayfield is a huge question mark for me. I could see him going third to the Jets, fifth to the Broncos, or fall to the second round. Im really curious to see where he goes. 

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like Mayfield a lot. More than most here, probably. I'd be ecstatic if the Bills were able to draft him, but I don't see it happening. 

our only shot is if he makes it to no.4. i think that tyrod trade set us up for a deal if things fall that way....

1. darnold

2. barkely

3.rosen

4. bills trade 2019 1st for mayfield. we get to keep our picks this year. done

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's a tough spot. I don't like short quarterbacks. Everyone uses Brees and Wilson as examples. 

Brees had an unbelievable career at Purdue. Just ridiculously accurate, really smart, sneaky clean. He's a once in a lifetime player. Yet he went in the second round and didn't really hit his grove until he got with Sean Payton.

Wilson is an unbelievable athletic. Awesome speed and all that stuff. Huge hands, really smart and squeaky clean. He went in the 3rd. 

Here we have Mayfield. He's a gamer, shows some promise with accuracy in the pocket etc. He ain't Brees though. He can make plays with his legs, but not near the athlete of Wilson. With his 4.81 forty even Preston Brown might run him down. Plus there are off the field issues and he is very abrasive and likes to make excuses. I do think he has a chance to make it. 

The guy can obviously play and he has some projectable skills. But Mayfield is a huge question mark for me. I could see him going third to the Jets, fifth to the Broncos, or fall to the second round. Im really curious to see where he goes. 

I don't get why it matters where those guys went.  The success of those guys is what has changed the prejudice.  So its irrelevant to today, now people see if a guy is good, he can succeed at this height and now are not downgrading him nearly as much on height like they used to.

And Brees was a first round projected QB and went with the first pick in the 2nd round.

He is a first round draft prospect, and its not a debate really.  What round other QB's were projected in has absolutely no relevancy on grading where he is worthy of being drafted. 

And again, the top 4 QB's in the NFL are Brady, Brees, Rogers and Wilson.  And Baker is taller than 2 of them, and just an inch shorter than one other.  His height isn't going to be why he succeeds or fails, if he is a good NFL QB he can and will succeed in the NFL regardless of his height.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

What's the cost? Most teams with good QBs spent only one draft pick for them. That's a lot less risk. The reward is big if you hit, but if you don't you paid a huge price to find out. I think they should try to move up to get a QB. If Mayfield fell into their lap at 12 it's absolutely worth a shot. I don't think he falls that far though , contrary to the USA Today mock. 

i would not spend to go to 2...f that. if he makes it to 4 we already have a deal in place. if the jets take him, we're stuck so...

plan b rudolph....

7 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Workout was on Monday, per Rapoport

IMO opinion it is the biggest smokescreen of all!

I don't believe we will pick him due to his height.  

However, I think Mayfield will be a successful in the NFL as a starter.  And, if we pick him I will be excited.