Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet He, His coaches and his teammates say otherwise but people still want to keep pushing these issues. 

But mayfield is firery and has Moxy not a Ryan Leaf jerk. 

Cant have both 

The concern with Rosen is he's going to make a bunch of money and walk away, likely to the finance world.  The concern with Baker is he's going to end up in a video on TMZ with some girl and "white powder" in a hotel room.  Which would people really rather have as the face of the franchise?

17 hours ago, Manther said:

IMO opinion it is the biggest smokescreen of all!

I don't believe we will pick him due to his height.  

However, I think Mayfield will be a successful in the NFL as a starter.  And, if we pick him I will be excited.

Aaron Rogers is only an inch taller than Baker

18 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's a tough spot. I don't like short quarterbacks. Everyone uses Brees and Wilson as examples. 

Brees had an unbelievable career at Purdue. Just ridiculously accurate, really smart, sneaky clean. He's a once in a lifetime player. Yet he went in the second round and didn't really hit his grove until he got with Sean Payton.

Wilson is an unbelievable athletic. Awesome speed and all that stuff. Huge hands, really smart and squeaky clean. He went in the 3rd. 

Here we have Mayfield. He's a gamer, shows some promise with accuracy in the pocket etc. He ain't Brees though. He can make plays with his legs, but not near the athlete of Wilson. With his 4.81 forty even Preston Brown might run him down. Plus there are off the field issues and he is very abrasive and likes to make excuses. I do think he has a chance to make it. 

The guy can obviously play and he has some projectable skills. But Mayfield is a huge question mark for me. I could see him going third to the Jets, fifth to the Broncos, or fall to the second round. Im really curious to see where he goes. 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

See now this video, while impressive, confirms what I think, and that is that this stuff ain't going to work in the NFL. This dude is going to get killed by NFL linebackers and the like. I mean yes he makes guys from Tulsa and other schools look bad. He's juking guys and making them miss. But linebackers that run 4.4 and defensive lineman who run 4.6 are going to chew him up imo. They will not miss. 

36 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Is it true that you can gain an inch or two by losing weight? 

Yes! There are a couple of inches in there behind some fat. I lost 120 pounds a couple years ago. :)

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

See now this video, while impressive, confirms what I think, and that is that this stuff ain't going to work in the NFL. This dude is going to get killed by NFL linebackers and the like. I mean yes he makes guys from Tulsa and other schools look bad. He's juking guys and making them miss. But linebackers that run 4.4 and defensive lineman who run 4.6 are going to chew him up imo. They will not miss. 

You mean Oklahoma state, Texas, Auburn and Alabama.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You mean Oklahoma state, Texas, Auburn and Alabama.

I get what you are saying, but in the NFL everyone is amazing. Except Preston Brown. I just don't see his style working in the NFL. Heś too slow. He is quick, but after he makes that quick move guys are going to demolish him.  

I didn't see any Alabama in there. I assume you meant Ohio State...he threw for a lot of yards against them, (guys were wide open a lot) but his running and such was pretty much shut down. He was bottled up vs Georgia and that is the kind of speed he will see in the NFL. JMO but I dont love a smaller guy who is slow.