Zay Jones Arrested

sven233

1 minute ago, Meazy26 said:

Mostly speculation, but I don’t see why what I said is unrealistic... 

He was definitely on the Flakka btw...

https://youtu.be/I2Tcq-j3oAE

I agree with you their, wouldn't be surprised by that at all. I just think the notion that they went and scooped him up from the courthouse, Beane and McDermott have a little conversation with him, then stop off at a McDonald's drive thru and go to the pro day is hilarious.

I also think that this experience bettering him is crazy optimistic. Not wrong, just really a positive view point. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm admittedly the opposite usually in my world view. 

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree with you their, wouldn't be surprised by that at all. I just think the notion that they went and scooped him up from the courthouse, Beane and McDermott have a little conversation with him, then stop off at a McDonald's drive thru and go to the pro day is hilarious.

I also think that this experience bettering him is crazy optimistic. Not wrong, just really a positive view point. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm admittedly the opposite usually in my world view. 

In terms of this making him better, I’m going off what we know about the kid. He’s been A-1 in terms of character throughout his life until this unfortunate incident. If he was Aldon Smith, I wouldn’t be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm seriously wondering if Zay will ever play football on his own terms ever again let alone at what the team or the NFL might do to him. This is a serious situation. If Zay had a mental breakdown that's one thing but the types of drugs that might have triggered this situation are enough to get you suspended or cut very quickly. He's very lucky he is still alive after that kind of detachment from reality 

Edited by Livinginthepast

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I'm seriously wondering if Zay will ever play football on his own terms ever again let alone at what the team or the NFL might do to him. This is a serious situation. If Zay had a mental breakdown that's one thing but the types of drugs that might have triggered this situation are enough to get you suspended or cut very quickly. He's very lucky he still alive after that kind of detachment from reality 

So much goes on with players that we don’t see, yet they still have a job. Social media can ruin someone quick these days. Unfortunate.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I'm seriously wondering if Zay will ever play football on his own terms ever again let alone at what the team or the NFL might do to him. This is a serious situation. If Zay had a mental breakdown that's one thing but the types of drugs that might have triggered this situation are enough to get you suspended or cut very quickly. He's very lucky he still alive after that kind of detachment from reality 

I think it truly is a case-by-case type of situation.  Is he a team-first guy?  Do you truly believe him when he says he'll get help, or that it was an isolated incident?  Is he a truthful honest person?

What players did we dump that had drug arrests/problems?  Just Dareus - and he had plenty of other issues.  Kounandjio maybe?  But he wasn't even a fit in the zone blocking scheme (neither was anyone else), and that could've been an additional factor. 

Considering they kept Henderson even through his suspensions, I don't think it's a straight black and white issue.

My hunch is that Zay will get a slap on the wrist and end up fine in the long run. 

I mentioned this anecdote in another thread, but when I was in college back in the late 90's I liked to smoke a little pot now and then. I wasn't a stoner or druggie or anything like that. Just a generally responsible kid who liked to chill out 2-3x a week in the evening after studying. My dormmate, however, was THE weed dealer for all of the football and basketball players on campus, so we had a lot of different dudes running through there. He had one friend in particular, a 6'9" basketballer, who was crazy and eventually flunked out of school due to his drug habits.  Unbeknownst to me, he had been in my room during the day, smoked the rest of my stash, and refilled my bag later on with wet (weed with PCP). That night, after my roommates had fallen asleep, I fired up a bowl and was going to eat a bowl of cereal and play some video games before bed.  Things went bad very quickly and I had some very disturbing visual and auditory hallucinations, saw a demonic skeleton in my cereal, believed I was doomed to die and even tried to open up my ninth story window to jump out and escape.  Luckily my roommates were able to calm me down and I was lucid enough to comprehend that I was having a bad trip, so they were able to keep me cool long enough for the effects to wear off.  I was basically fine the next day and able to attend class, etc.  It sounds funny now, but it was very terrifying at the time.  

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Is there anything better than TBD tackling drugs and mental health issues?  These threads bring together all of our subject matter experts:

Old timers who have never done drugs: "Hes addicted to smoking wacky tobaccy just like Darius.  Lucky he didn't kill anybody tripping on the pot. Cut his ass!"

Mental health experts: "I took 2 semesters of Psych and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies likely brought on from dropping that sure TD pass against Carolina that f@#$ed my fantasy season! Cut his ass!"

Actual mental health expert:  "my wife works in the psych ward at the local hospital and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies possibly brought on from having a tough rookie season.  What he needs now is all of our hugs and prayers!"

Young guy who has done drugs once: "Dude, he was only smoking a little K2 and bumping a few lines.  He'll be fine in the morning.  People do s@#$ like this all the time when they're drinking and alcohol is still legal!  Do you even know how many things can be made out of hemp? Legalization would be a boon for the economy but big pharma doesn't want to give up their monopoly and the government wants us zoned out on Adderall and oxy so we're easier to control!"

Preach on brother!

I personally want to see how he comes back from this. It's embarrassing that something like that is out in the public eye for one lil mistake he made. Now he has to live with that the rest of his life, reading and hearing about it.

Hopefully he has a strong mindset and can get passed that but it looks like something like that may take a toll on a professional athletes mind.

Hope it all works out for him.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Is there anything better than TBD tackling drugs and mental health issues?  These threads bring together all of our subject matter experts:

Old timers who have never done drugs: "Hes addicted to smoking wacky tobaccy just like Darius.  Lucky he didn't kill anybody tripping on the pot. Cut his ass!"

Mental health experts: "I took 2 semesters of Psych and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies likely brought on from dropping that sure TD pass against Carolina that f@#$ed my fantasy season! Cut his ass!"

Actual mental health expert:  "my wife works in the psych ward at the local hospital and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies possibly brought on from having a tough rookie season.  What he needs now is all of our hugs and prayers!"

Young guy who has done drugs once: "Dude, he was only smoking a little K2 and bumping a few lines.  He'll be fine in the morning.  People do s@#$ like this all the time when they're drinking and alcohol is still legal!  Do you even know how many things can be made out of hemp? Legalization would be a boon for the economy but big pharma doesn't want to give up their monopoly and the government wants us zoned out on Adderall and oxy so we're easier to control!"

Hey dammit, you left out the SMEs on nakedness. I'm naked most of the time. The cleaning lady doesn't mind. The food delivery people are Ok with it, well, after they realized that I ain't changing, and, I tip well.

When does the always naked/mostly naked/sometimes naked community get to have their voices heard on this issue? We refuse to be silenced! This is a moral as well as a civil rights issue, and we demand that everyone in this country see no difference between being naked and being unnaked. Every other way to think is immoral. It's not a matter of being "naked-blind", it's a matter of nakedness never even entering your mind, because you've closed it completely, and therefore defeated your naked-normative bias.

Only then will you people be allowed to ascend Moral Mountain.  But know this: if you EVER refuse to support our edicts against the naked-normative, you will be cast down from Moral Mountain faster than you can say Brazilian. 

Edited by OCinBuffalo

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Your posts have been awful in this thread. Not one person blamed weed, this isn't the 50s. 

I never accused anyone of blaming weed because weed doesn't tend to cause hallucinations. And if you think criticizing missconceived links between mental illness and drugs makes my posts awful, then I seriously hope that you never have a manic episode. What exactly are you looking for in a thread on a players breakdown, anyway? Entertainment? Blaming? Jokes? 

Edited by MURPHD6

2 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

I never accused anyone of blaming weed because weed doesn't tend to cause hallucinations. And if you think criticizing missconceived links between mental illness and drugs makes my posts awful, then I seriously hope that you never have a manic episode.

It can cause hallucinations.  It did for me one time. 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This is fantastic.  One guy even called PCP "THC".

Apparently everybody and their mother also knows exactly what synthetic marijuana will do to you because they once read a story about another guy one time...

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Apparently everybody and their mother also knows exactly what synthetic marijuana will do to you because they once read a story about another guy one time...

As the old proverb goes, judge not until you've walked a mile in a man's shoes to buy bath salts and then ate some dude's face while high af. Amen.

17 minutes ago, bbb said:

It can cause hallucinations.  It did for me one time. 

That's rare.  But sleep deprivation can even cause hallucinations, so it might have been weed mixed with not sleeping, or something like that. The NFL's drug policy is so backward on these things. He could have definitely taken a substance that wouldn't show up in drug testing, and it could have triggered a manic episode, but stress is also a major trigger. The scary thing is that if a drug was a triggering factor once the drug leaves your system, there's no guarantee that the mania will subside, because the drug isn't the source. It could take days, weeks and months for him to recover. And that sucks.

Edited by MURPHD6

18 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I personally love everyone’s college stories ... I learned so much about you yahoos

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally love everyone’s college stories ... I learned so much about you yahoos

I dropped out twice. The second time after an argument with my tutor. I kicked a lamppost in frustration on my way out, broke my toe.

I know, I'm a menace to society.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What do you think you will learn if I tell you that I was roofied by a psycho girl, and cuffed to her bed for 2 days in college? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bakin said:

It’s a misconception that this was likely caused by drugs?  

Take away the drugs and this doesn’t happen. Whatever his disposition it was the drugs that was the lynchpin. 

You've got the logic screwed up. Drugs can trigger a manic episode, but a manic episode can also be triggered WITHOUT DRUGS. So the point is that drugs aren't a lynchpin. There's lots of cases where a person has an initial manic episode that is triggered by drugs, but that doesn't mean that they would not have eventually had a similar episode, at some point in time, even if they had stayed clean.

Edited by MURPHD6

1 minute ago, MURPHD6 said:

You've got the logic screwed up. Drugs can trigger a manic episode, but a manic episode can also be triggered WITHOUT DRUGS. So the point is that drugs aren't a lynchpin. 

Are you sure you know what a lynchpin is?

9 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

If it is a drug issue then it may be a one off. Kids make mistakes and this is not a hanging offense. There is more than 5 months until the start of the season so he has time to get things right.

I for one am not writing him off. Get well soon Zay.

Rookie mistake.  At least that's what I was told here after the Carolina drop.

46 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I dropped out twice. The second time after an argument with my tutor. I kicked a lamppost in frustration on my way out, broke my toe.

I know, I'm a menace to society.

If you would have done it naked, you could have been mistaken for an NFL player.

• Haha (+1) 1