Deonte Thompson might be coming back

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

It appears the Bills are working on resigning Deonte Thompson.

If they do, will our 2018 WR look like this:

Kelvin Benjamin 

Deonte Thompson

Zay Jones

Rod Streeter

Andre Holmes

Rookie draft pick

Ouch... not a good group.  I think they are counting on Zay to step it up next season

• Like (+1) 1

Worse than last year... got it.

WR has been a weakness for sometime now. Benjamin goes down, let’s not go there...

Im not a Thompson fan, rather then get a Jeff Janis, taller, just as fast, straight line guy who excels on ST.

Better draft a guy who can play day one.

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

It appears the Bills are working on resigning Deonte Thompson.

If they do, will our 2018 WR look like this:

Kelvin Benjamin 

Deonte Thompson

Zay Jones

Rod Streeter

Andre Holmes

Rookie draft pick

Bills are one of 3 or 4 teams trying to sign him. I hope we get him back but I’m not nearly as confident as you. Especially with our low cap number right now. Somebody can give him a little more and it’s thanks for the memories Buffalo ?

Just now, Paul Costa said:

Bills are one of 3 or 4 teams trying to sign him. I hope we get him back but I’m not nearly as confident as you. Especially with our low cap number right now. Somebody can give him a little more and it’s thanks for the memories Buffalo ?

I understand our salary cap issues, but we're going to face the same thing as last year... Nobody getting open consistently & players stacking the box to stop Shady. 

Now unless AJ is some diamond in the rough that will just throw it up to give Benjamin a chance cause he's open when covered...i don't see this WR group doing anything different then last year

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I understand our salary cap issues, but we're going to face the same thing as last year... Nobody getting open consistently & players stacking the box to stop Shady. 

Now unless AJ is some diamond in the rough that will just throw it up to give Benjamin a chance cause he's open when covered...i don't see this WR group doing anything different then last year

This is a very premature statement. We have a new offensive coordinator, yet out offense will have similar productivity. I agree they need to improve at WR, but there are many other influential factors at play. Here are a few: 

1) new offensive system

2) new QB

3) a presumably health K Benjamin

These are the major ones but there are more. I would withhold labeling our offensive until we can get a more complete picture of what it's finished product will be 

Zay Jones  4.45 sec  will have a come back season after injury , I hope

"Here’s a guy that’s going into surgery on Tuesday to get his shoulder repaired and people hardly knew that he played the entire season with, you know, a torn labrum,” Robert Jones told the Bills Wire podcast. “So how would you like sitting around and you’re going to grab a glass of water and your arm falls out of its socket?”  Jan 16, 2018

The rookie played in 15 games during the season, never missing time for a shoulder injury. His father says the team didn’t find out about the injury until the end-of-year MRI, which is why he wasn’t listed on the injury report and didn’t receive treatment for the problem.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/16/16895930/buffalo-bills-rookie-receiver-zay-jones-shoulder-injury-2017

29 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Benjamin goes down, let’s not go there...

IMO, that is a given every season. KB lumbers through the middle and gets hit. That is the majority of his route tree in a nutshell.

Because of his size, body type and NFL tackling rules, him being injured should be taken as a given.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They believe in Benjamin and Zay Jones. Carolina had terrible WRs as well. 

They also had Cam, who could make things happen. Maybe AJ can too but he isn’t Cam.

The Bill's lack luster WR corps is one of the reasons I'm hoping the Bills don't blow all of their draft capital moving up in this year's draft to get one of the "elite" QB prospects.  I was all for trading up in this draft until the Jets got the three spot.  I think that move will make it too expensive for the Bills to trade up and get value for their picks. I'd rather have them take BPA and get McDermot's ILB and the best WR they can snag in the first two rounds.  I hope they snag Rudolph with one of their 1st or 2nd round selections.  Grab a road grader for the offensive line and just keep going BPA until the draft is over. This team has a lot of holes to fill.

I would have no problem going into camp with a three way competition for QB between Rudolph, McCarron, and Peterman and have the winner walk into a situation where he has the supporting cast around him to have a chance to succeed.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ouch... not a good group.  I think they are counting on Zay to step it up next season

He needs to find the hands he had in college.

I'm hoping it was "rookie jitters" or something of the like.