Bills Sign Newhouse and Bodine

Bodine has the second most starts of any Center in the league, He was Cincy's Center which means he has made line calls while McCarron was starting games towards playoffs and 1 playoff game. I don't think it is coincidental that he is in Buffalo now. I am sure this will help McCarron settle down starting for the Buffalo Bills. Groy has 1 year left on contract, he would be better off at guard and so would the team. I see a MLB and a speed receiver being selected by the Bills in the 1st round.  

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Not sure what a lot of you were expecting, there are lots of holes to fill and salary cap purgatory that was caused by Whaley that Beane has been cleaning up.

Disagree.  That is an aggressive lopsided opinion.

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think it's huge! i'm psyched! i can't see how newhouse doesn't automatically start at rt. i think connor mcd may have some upside and is fine for depth so cutting mills should be a wash money wise.

seems like we got a helluva center as well. that could give them the option of cutting ducasse and moving groy to guard with miller as depth. i love these guys!

McD doesn’t seem to like Miller for whatever reason.

If McD thought Groy was better than Ducasse he probably would have started over him last year.

Bodine is not depth, I actually thought he was a RFA , what an underrated signing, 25 years old, has the 2nd lonest active streak to only Travis fredrick, the dude hasn't missed a game and only surrendered 1 sack, 1 QB hit and 3 penalties all last season. Great signing for us and gives groy serious competition, I fully expect Bodine to be the starter for us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Bodine has the second most starts of any Center in the league, He was Cincy's Center which means he has made line calls while McCarron was starting games towards playoffs and 1 playoff game. I don't think it is coincidental that he is in Buffalo now. I am sure this will help McCarron settle down starting for the Buffalo Bills. Groy has 1 year left on contract, he would be better off at guard and so would the team. I see a MLB and a speed receiver being selected by the Bills in the 1st round.  

2nd most consecutive starts. I think Groy is a better center than this guy, so I have no idea why you'd waste him at guard. Groy looked as good as Wood when he had a shot.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

So Jordan Mills with Marshall Newhouse as his backup? 

Is it April 1st?

Awful personnel moves, concerning the o-line.  Maybe this is Beane's weakness as a GM.

Let's be honest here. Both players are terrible.  Having Jordan Mills is bad enough.  

Didnt realize NFL teams had all-pro reserve o-linemen waiting in the wings.  I must be missing something.  

8 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Possible now though I am not thrilled of giving up 4-5 picks this year. Bills should find a way of keeping 22nd, 56 and 65.

They can but it would cost giving up 3 1sts and prob a next years 3rd or 4th to get to #2.

If the right QB is there tho its market price.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am starting to become concerned about whether our pro personnel dept can evaluate the offensive side of the ball.  I’m struggling to think of a single quality signing/acquisition this year or last on offense.

How loosely do we want to use the word quality? For a midseason cast off, Deonte Thompson wasn't bad but...I'm inclined to agree with you

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

We need competition on the OL.  

Maybe these guys will contribute.   Maybe they won't.  But you can't blame Beane for signing offensive linemen with starting experience.  

True enough

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am starting to become concerned about whether our pro personnel dept can evaluate the offensive side of the ball.  I’m struggling to think of a single quality signing/acquisition this year or last on offense.

Tough to do when you don't want to spend money. 

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The line actually graded out well. Our one-dimensional offense did them a massive disservice. losing Taylor should be addition by subtraction for our offensive production.

Regardless, Ducasse and Mills need to be out of here.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Carolina team they helped build is basically a very good D and Cam Newton carrying a subpar offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Carolina team they helped build is basically a very good D and Cam Newton carrying a subpar offense. 

100%. 

And Cam was getting utterly destroyed in the pocket. Again my biggest concern with McBeane is how they are going to build the offensive line and what they do at quarterback. I like what they have done on defense, but our offense doesn't look so good on paper. I hope Daboll makes a huge difference. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The process clearly prioritized the defensive rebuild over the offense, especially without the QB in place.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

The process clearly prioritized the defensive rebuild over the offense, especially without the QB in place.

Perhaps - but even the depth players they’ve signed/aquired on offense have been bad - Tolbert, Taiwan, Holmes, Jordan Matthews, Ducasse, etc.

Regardless, at this point the plan should be to find a franchisee QB and MLB in this year’s draft and then head into 2019 with a boatload of cap space.  By 2020 they’ll be on the upswing and Tommy will be retiring.