Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

10 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Couldn’t 4 still be a target for Rosen?

1. Darnold

2. Barkley

3. Mayfield or Allen hopefully 

4 Bills can potentially trade with the Browns and get Rosen 

At this point it's not realistic to think a QB isn't going #2.  Either someone (Denver / Miami) will pay the price to get their for a QB, or if the Giants stay they go QB.  The pick is worth too much to use it on a non-QB.

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is why I started the thread wondering why people thought teams were just going to stand by helplessly as the Bills tried to climb over them.:lol:

First crisis for Beane as GM.   Intrigue.   Competition between division rivals.  Love it. :devil:

Been very easy selling the fan base on controversial moves to this point.......they've all been propped up and qualified with the notion that they are going to lead to the Bills getting their franchise QB in the draft.

But with McD having passed on Watson and Mahomes last year.........Beane is really in a must-score situation wrt drafting a top QB prospect for his HC.

I know there are a few screwballs on here who think otherwise..........there have always been a group that always want to kick the can down the road..........but the time is now.

Luckily the Giants pick is still potentially available.   That was always the big edge the Bills have had.......the Jets are most desperate for a QB and the Giants simply can't trade with their in-stadium rival.

Bills might have to climb to Tampa's pick........then climb again to #2..........but they can do it.

If they take their shot and miss..........it won't be pretty but the fanbase and ownership will be somewhat understanding and if they can withstand that and maintain some level of competitiveness they might get another kick at it in 2020.............but if they pull a Donahoe and get a guy outside of the premium group(top 4 or 5 this year).......and that kid misses and they don't WIN.........no forgiveness!  Someone else gets to draft and develop the 2020 draft QB.

This is the way it should be!   I never wanted #3 in the first place.  Earn it Bills!:thumbsup:

Preach on!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We’ve essentially been locked out.

It will now take the 12th, 22nd, 53, 65, 2019 1st and 3rd to get to #2

Then they're not locked out because they could do that.  What is wrong with people today?

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Very possible—and that’s too much to pay.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I want to trust Beane, but this is a disaster. We had to beat any offer.

Irrelevant. No guarantee that the player they pick at 3 is going to be better than the player we pick at 12 or 6 or wherever we pick.

A case could be made that Roethlesberger at 11 was the best QB to come out of the 2004 NFL draft even though Rivers and Manning were selected 1 and 3.

With QBs its basically a coin flip or less with regards to if they will be good or not...and there is no way to know if the Jets are wanting the same QB we wanted. If they wanr Mayfield and we dont then why does it matter?

I think people are going to be surprised that QBs people thought would be top 10 locks are going to fall outside the top 10 because other teams are going to balk at the asking price and there are not enough teams inside the top 10 who need QBs anymore...those teams are gonna be like I'll just stay put then and take a stud player who shouldnt even be on the board anymore but is becaude of the QB frenzy...

Or who would pick a QB when they "might" need one versus taking a stud defensive player who would typically go #1 overall in a normal draft if there weren't so many QB prospects.

Besides the Jets don't have a real good track record of drafting QBs over the past several years....

Edited by matter2003

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I'd rather them not draft a table-scraps type QB.

If you can't get the #2 pick, forget about QB and try to fill all the other holes.

This is all fine but if we can’t get our QB this year, the wheels need to be put in motion for next year imo...we can’t just draft s bunch of position players this year and go into next year with our normal picks...we need to add more ammo by trading back at some point...until we get our franchise QB everything has to be geared around that...everything else is secondary imo.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Does that even guarantee’s we get the guy we want ? Even if it did can we gamble the future of the franchise for the next 5 / 6 years by putting all in the hands of a 20 year old kid who may or may not be the answer to our QB purgatory 

I simply do not agree with the majority of the posters on this board.  I do not think Beane should pay ANY price to draft one of the top tier QBs this year.  That’s just foolish.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is not a crises.  Too many people go way over the top.

Mind/Matter........if you don't mind not getting a broadly-recognized-as-franchise-QB prospect in the draft for the first time in 35 years..........and the fact that the HC passed on a guy in Watson who actually PLAYED like a franchise QB last year .... then it don't matter.;)

I think it matters a lot...........hence it's a crisis...........it's part choice and part uncontrolled now.    Let's see how good BEANE is at 4th quarter comebacks.:lol::devil:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 2