Bills Re-sign Travaris Cadet

34 minutes ago, natedawg3535 said:

to many people on this board fall in love with mediocrity.......i want a young RB  from the draft that could be a potent 1 2 punch with shady ....chris ivory and now cadet.....hate these moves

For the millionth time, they need at least 4 RBs and the draft has not yet occurred.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dalton said:

How does this move prevent drafting a RB?  Gives depth and flexibility.  An easy cut if a draft pick shines, insurance if not.

There are going to be 37 players that will not make the team.  Why complain over guys at the bottom of the roster?

You're going to have to get used to this...just wait for the comments when they start filling out the roster for camp

This is good news. We have too many other holes to worry about drafting a RB any earlier than the 4th round. We desperately need D-line, O-line, and LBs, and we'll be trading some of our picks to get a QB. I think the 2019 draft is when we'll start to fill out our skill positions.

2 hours ago, natedawg3535 said:

im fine with a mid rounder......this is a deep class and i hope these moves dont stop us from taking advantage of whats been called the deepest rb class in years

And this class may also put a few decent vets on the street, assuming we have some cash for them. Shady should have a lighter load this year between the qb and the better backups. I think a second rounder next year would do well to transition from shady carrying the primary load.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

I like this move. We now have an elite elusive RB with McCoy, power backup RB with Ivory, and a pass catcher like Cadet as our #3. We cover all basis... They all compliment each other nicely

My sentiments exactly - except I would have spelled basis correctly.... ;)

3 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Welcome back. Kid had talent and played with heart

hes almost 30.....hes no kid and hes coming off a major leg injury and just started running again.....plenty of rbs that have talent and play with heart

I like Cadet too. A doc friend of mine said his injury (a dislocation) was actually much better from a "speed of recovery" standpoint versus other ankle injuries including full tears. The fact the docs popped it back into place and had him in an air cast on the field also helped. The average joe full recovery time from that type of injury is ~3 months.  

Most common average joe cause of that injury? freaking motorcycle accidents. NFL guys play a tough sport. 

A little odd that the Bills are welcoming back all these 29-30 year old RB's when the 2018 draft class is littered with very solid prospects.

To me,  the signings shouldn't condemn the Bills from drafting a RB within the 2-5 round range, but the Bills have plans here.