Bills sign Trent Murphy

13 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Murph discussed this on his show. Said they met and spent time at the combine a few years ago. They spent the week calling each other Murph. But they're not related.

Who said you could supply factual information to this thread.... ;)

They are both part of the Murphy's Oil Soap/Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza empire...

Edited by JoeF

7 hours ago, TOboy said:

Didn't see this coming! 

With this we've really shored up the D-line, allowing us to focus on QB, LB, O-line, and possibly WR in the draft. 

:huh:

I cant say that I agree with you on this. Brady is still the king of the AFCE. If th Bills plan on beating him then they need a heck of a lot better pass rush than they are likely to get with the current group. They need an interior pass rusher to replace K Williams, plus another DE that can rotate with Hughes and Murphy (even if he comes back fully from his injury and avoids suspension)

7 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think it because with Zo switching back to Defensive End they currently have 7 or 8 Defensive Ends on the Roster.   With Murphy getting 7million I think it makes Hughes expendable at 10.4.  But you never really know do you?

Hughes is the only proven pass rusher on the DL. It would be a giant setback to lose him in a division with Tom Brady.

25 minutes ago, vincec said:

I cant say that I agree with you on this. Brady is still the king of the AFCE. If th Bills plan on beating him then they need a heck of a lot better pass rush than they are likely to get with the current group. They need an interior pass rusher to replace K Williams, plus another DE that can rotate with Hughes and Murphy (even if he comes back fully from his injury and avoids suspension)

I think with Lawson and Eddie Yarbrough you got a solid 4 DE there, plus Lorax can move out there if needed. They’ll get a cpl more tackles to fill out the line. 6 months before we  play. They’ve done a good job early. Day 1 free agency and draft to go. We got time

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, vincec said:

Bills gave up 21 points to Pats ( with Gronkowski) at home . They lost to NE last year because they couldn't score, and had little passing game. Not saying a rush isn't important, but you beat that team scoring points.Even the vaunted Eagles D got little pressure until  the closing minutes in the SB. They need an improved passing attack and offense in general the most. 

This board is nuts with the Kelsay and Shoebel comparisons. You've never seen a white OLB/DL before? I suppose we hope he's another Paup?

All the "roid cheater" chant... you think roid use isn't super widespread in the NFL? Really? What's bad is that his next suspension is 10 games so it is quite risk in that sense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's such an unusual name, who knows?

:worthy:

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Just putting this out there.  It really makes me wonder if there is some relation between newly signed DE Trent Murphy and Bills announcer John Murphy.  There is definitely a resemblance but IDK it could just be me.

I hope you are 12 years old, b/c this is something a 12 year old would ask.