Bills sign Trent Murphy

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

If Hughes and Lawson AREN'T on their way out....................

I guess the Bills plan is have 20 DE's this year.

Aren't they supposedly moving Alexander back to an exclusive pass rushing role? If so, it gets really complicated then.

Yes, but Alexander won't be an every down player.

If we can avoid drafting a DE this year that's good, since it is not a strong position in the draft.

DT & LB is what we should be drafting.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Hughes and Lawson AREN'T on their way out....................

I guess the Bills plan is have 20 DE's this year.

Aren't they supposedly moving Alexander back to an exclusive pass rushing role? If so, it gets really complicated then.

20?!? They barely have 4. Again, it's tough for Bills fans to deal with more than 1 nice thing.

So apparently I heard from a Redskins fan that he was an 3-4 OLB his first two years and was labeled a bust. After that they took away his starting spot and moved him to a situational pass rusher as a 3-4 DE. That's was his 9 sack season. So it sounds like he had issues in the 3-4 and going to the 4-3 he can really fit in nicely.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

20?!? They barely have 4. Again, it's tough for Bills fans to deal with more than 1 nice thing.

Agreed. Mcdermott was rotating a ton of guys last year. Its how he roles. It moght be nice to have someone other than cap capi rushing in a pivotal playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Being in DC area I think this is a great signing..player out to prove himself,short 3 year deal and from what I remember this guy had a high motor when healthy..Kinda looks a lil like McDermott's bigger younger brother..love these FA signings so far

21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Tampa wanted him. They need a DE. 12 and Lawson for 7

I like this idea...  I think Lawson still has some potential, but creeping up a few more spots for that QB would be more beneficial than Lawson's potential.

Ugh. I'm not big on him. Reminds me of a Kelsay type. Plus coming off two big injuries. He's basically another Shaq Lawson. But it gives us depth and a rotation so there's that

Edited by VaMilBill

Just now, VaMilBill said:

Ugh. I'm not big on him. Reminds me of a Kelsay type. Plus coming off two big injuries. He's basically another Shaq Lawson

Why does he remind you of Kelsay?  They are not similar players at all.  Same question for Shaq.

• Like (+1) 1

You guys remember all the times Kelsay was labeled a physical freak?

smh...

I texted my friend who has season tickets for the redskins.

"hell fvcking yes that's a good deal. I'm pissed we let him walk. Ya'll got a great young LB who's only getting better every year. Deal won't look cheap in year 3."

His opinion carries a lot more weight to me than the other washington fans (I live in DC area) not only because of the season tickets but he watches the all-22 (even after losses) and follows them much closer than anyone else I know. He's definitely a homer though, so might be higher on some guys than others.

• Like (+1) 1