Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

True, but there's no way to guarantee they get Rosen without move to #1. Even if they move in top 5 ( I think they will) they probably don't want to throw a rook to the wolves. Goff's first start was week 9 his rookie year. 

They would never promise the starting job to a career backup... but I’m sure they said he could compete for the starting gig...and that was more than the Pats were offering.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They will only keep two QBs on the roster, especially with Joe Webb. There is less than zero reason to keep three young guys when you like the two other young guys a lot more. He's gone.

you seem almost prophetic with your posts, like you know what shan't or what shall come to pass.

interesting.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If AJ McCarron affects them taking a qb high, I'll lose all confidence in him. If the money is right, it could be a really good move. Open competition with him, Peterman, & a rookie. If AJ wins the job and plays relativity well, we have a trade chip when the rookie is ready. If the rookie wins the job, we have a vet backup.

but you don't change your plans because of a guy like AJ.  They've done a good job moving up in the draft. Now you have to finish it. 

Also, id feel better about our qbs if we didn't have the worst receivers in the NFL.  A core of Sammy, Woods, Hogan, & Goodwin would be nice.

100% agree

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

he looks good when he targets AJ green. Did we get AJ green?

That would be my concern. That Bengals team he played on was loaded (Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Eifert).  He played on loaded teams in college.  Right now, this is the least talented team he's ever been on.

personally, I always like qbs who didn't play on loaded teams. Much easier to succeed then. But it's all about the money to see if it's a good deal or not.

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Peterman is dead man walking. And unfortunately for him, barring injury, it's going to be on the eve of the season with no time to really catch on with anyone.

we have two signed QBs and Nate is a DOA for the season ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

They would never promise the starting job to a career backup... but I’m sure they said he could compete for the starting gig...and that was more than the Pats were offering.

Exactly. No promises. You'd expect AJM to be ahead of a rook and certainly Peterman. He's got a chance to be the starter and hold onto it at least for awhile. If by some miracle the team was 7-1 midway, no one is clamoring for the rookie. 

14 hours ago, mannc said:

This makes me think Allen is a real possibility.

It may be more likely that Allen could be had around the 10 spot with more teams answering their own QB questions so w/o pressure to move up in the top of the round Beane might keep his 12 and package 22 with one of our seconds and perhaps a sweetener pick to go up to 10 to get him.  This way he gets LB Smith as well as a QB who can sit.

Edited by RochesterRob

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Bills are going to have trade assets at QB in two or three years. McCarron is going to be good and calls will be made about Peterman's availability. 

Folks are sleeping on Peterman.

He'll be much improved year two.

That is easy to say - When you start in the bottom of the gutter - the only direction is up.