Did Gaines just re-sign???

MAJBobby

10 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I would agree with you if it was him

But it's Shady...

Idk if that means he's staying or not, but it does seem odd.

Not sure if you meant Shady as in McCoy or shady as in ... the other kind of shady.

Gaines.jpg

Edited by driddles

I'm not reading much into it. Him re-signing just doesn't make sense to me for any party involved. Neither he nor Vontae Davis would sign up to be the third outside Corner off the bench or the Nickel. And paying either guy what it would take to get them just to have depth is a waste of resources that should be allocated elsewhere IMO.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not reading much into it. Him re-signing just doesn't make sense to me for any party involved. Neither he nor Vontae Davis would sign up to be the third outside Corner or the Nickel. And paying either guy what it would take to get them just to have depth is a waste of resources IMO.

Valid point but Vontae can play the slot effectively if Leonard Johnson isn’t retained and can fill in on the outside when EJ is hurting. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not reading much into it. Him re-signing just doesn't make sense to me for any party involved. Neither he nor Vontae Davis would sign up to be the third outside Corner off the bench or the Nickel. And paying either guy what it would take to get them just to have depth is a waste of resources that should be allocated elsewhere IMO.

That's not true. Vontae is on a one year prove it deal which is very affordable. Shipping off Gaines just because of the Davis signing leaves a lot to be desired at CB which is the 2nd most important position on the field. White is on a rookie deal, Davis on a prove it deal, Gaines is very much in play. 

Counting on Davis to come back and stay healthy for an entire season is risky. Bring back 50/50 Gaines and between the two of them at worst the postion is covered and at best you keep guys like Leonard Johnson off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Nickel is basically the base defense these days, so it's hardly coming off the bench. Both guys would get a ton of snaps. It 100% makes sense for the bills of they get him at a reasonable price,but I wouldn't be surprised if EJ cashed on on a nice payday. 

I'd love it if he came back. They played exceptionally well without a good front 7, would love to see them all together with Davis and a better pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1