Bills signings & TT trade point to trade up

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Dude same here. I dont wanna draft him even if he falls to 21. I will puke my guts out scoop it up eat it just to vomit all over again.

Josh Allen = Ryan Leaf 2.0

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There might be a correlation or maybe not.  Not a real surprise Beane is signing street free agents that don't impact the compensatory pick formula to address team needs. 

It's ominous... They're either trying to rebuild a team using street meat OR getting ready to stick four on the floor for a QB project that might not work out... Both very bad ideas.

Why not stay put?  -We have so many needs that can be addressed at 21 and 22...

I really think this might be the year to do it. 

The Browns hinted that they might be willing to trade #1 (which is surprising IMO).

The Giants look to be trying to win now and ride with Eli for the next few years.

Indy already has their QB of the future. 

This is a really talented, and deep QB draft with a couple/few studs sitting at the top of the class. I feel like in most years the teams sitting in the top 3 would be unwilling to trade their picks because they would really want/need one of the top QBs in a class like this for themselves. It just so happens that this year is unique (IMO). 

And The Bills just happen to have 5 picks in the top 93. 

I dont know that we will will have a better chance at getting an elite QB prospect any time soon. 

I think #2 is probably the best target. I think the Browns will want a crazy sum to pass on a QB and move back. 

I actually think the chances are still high that they draft a QB at 1. But with Rosen hinting he doesn't want to play there, I think it'll be someone else. Which leaves the best QB in the draft (and maybe the best QB prospect to come out in years (at least IMO) on the board at #2... 

17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I really think this might be the year to do it. 

The Browns hinted that they might be willing to trade #1 (which is surprising IMO).

The Giants look to be trying to win now and ride with Eli for the next few years.

Indy already has their QB of the future. 

This is a really talented, and deep QB draft with a couple/few studs sitting at the top of the class. I feel like in most years the teams sitting in the top 3 would be unwilling to trade their picks because they would really want/need one of the top QBs in a class like this for themselves. It just so happens that this year is unique (IMO). 

And The Bills just happen to have 5 picks in the top 93. 

I dont know that we will will have a better chance at getting an elite QB prospect any time soon. 

I think #2 is probably the best target. I think the Browns will want a crazy sum to pass on a QB and move back. 

I actually think the chances are still high that they draft a QB at 1. But with Rosen hinting he doesn't want to play there, I think it'll be someone else. Which leaves the best QB in the draft (and maybe the best QB prospect to come out in years (at least IMO) on the board at #2... 

The Bills are trading to #1 and it's already locked in with the browns and yes we are paying a crazy sum. I don't know how much or what it is.

The reason is the Browns understand they suck so it's better to just take a QB at 4 have even more ammo to build a team this year. They also know Giants are going to not go QB and potentially could scoop our picks for #2. That gave us a little better leverage. They also know a better QB might be at 4 because of that. Both teams love are picks. We can actually trade with either team but the Browns won.

I will not reveal my sources!!! All kidding aside that would be cool man if it was real. Or is it???!?!! :Ninja: 

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

It's ominous... They're either trying to rebuild a team using street meat OR getting ready to stick four on the floor for a QB project that might not work out... Both very bad ideas.

Why not stay put?  -We have so many needs that can be addressed at 21 and 22...

Well, their QB is not good enough. So there's that.... 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are trading up. 

Again, I stand to look really silly if they don't butat this point I would be astounded if the Bills have not already selected before #21 goes on the clock. 

I am still skeptical that they do it, Gunner.

Really?

We sign an almost 30yr old CB and RB and rotational DE and its a clear sign of trading up.

Maybe I need to get the winning lottery numbers from this guy. ;) 

Beane is playing his cards close to his vest and won't tip his hand.

47 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Really?

We sign an almost 30yr old CB and RB and rotational DE and its a clear sign of trading up.

Maybe I need to get the winning lottery numbers from this guy. ;) 

Beane is playing his cards close to his vest and won't tip his hand.

This really isn't that hard.  We signed a starting CB with multiple Pro Bowl appearances, a big backup RB who has started and run for 1,000 yard and a 25 year old DE who is capable of being good in the run game and happens to have been a 5* athlete, all of which fill in some key needs (starting CB, DE depth and a backup RB).   It may not lead to a trade, but it certainly gives a better chance to trade up if you have fewer holes and potential comp picks coming in next year. 

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

People are seeing in this what they want.  The early signings might also mean they're getting a few guys cheap bexcuse they're about to write a big check for a qb, like Foles.  

Just have to wait and see.  

I still think they won't trade up more than 10 spots in the first round.  I think they might not even do that.  Just take the best qb they see when it's their turn. 

They would have to trade for Foles first before writing a big check