Rams will not tag Watkins

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

For the 4th pick off the board, yes.

If you are going to get a guy that high, you want better numbers than that. Like AJ Green for example.

I just don't think he has or will ever live up to his hype/talent when he was coming out of College

He played in a run heavy offense with Manuel, Orton, and Taylor as his QBs.  Where he was drafted has nothing to do with how he produced given the personnel he played with in a run oriented system. 

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Regardless, the point I made at the onset of the discussion was that I don't see any justification for saying that Buffalo won the trade.  So far, nobody has provided one.

If Sammy does not re-sign with the Rams and Gaines re-signs with the Bills would that change your mind?  I get your point here and agree just wondering if further details will change your mind.  I think the Bills did very well in the trade.  Much better than I thought it would work out when I first saw the news breaking.  I don't care if the Rams (because I'm not a Rams fan) did well in the trade but I agree that they also got value.  

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He played in a run heavy offense with Manuel, Orton, and Taylor as his QBs.  Where he was drafted has nothing to do with how he produced given the personnel he played with in a run oriented system. 

Once again, there seems to always be reasons why Sammy has never broke through besides Sammy himself lol.

Its goff, or Mcvay, or Orton, or TT, or Roman, or Lynn.

I will go back to my original point in where I say good receivers produce regardless of circumstances.

Being drafted at 4 has nothing to do with his overall play, but has a lot to do with his high expectations in which he hasn’t met.

Edited by billsfan11

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Once again, there seems to always be reasons why Sammy has never broke through besides Sammy himself lol.

Its goff, or Mcvay, or Orton, or TT, or Roman, or Lynn.

I will go back to my original point in where I say good receivers produce regardless of circumstances.

Being drafted at 4 has nothing to do with his overall play, but has a lot to do with his high expectations in which he hasn’t met.

:lol: Yeah. He should be ashamed of 125 catches for 2K+ yards and 15 TDs in his 1st two relatively healthy seasons.  

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Effing SF....so unfair how they were basically given a franchise QB for free...when will the bills run into that kind of luck?

Franchise QB?

I swear Garroppolo gets more hype than he deserves.

Let's see how he plays for a full season first.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Yeah. He should be ashamed of 125 catches for 2K+ yards and 15 TDs in his 1st two relatively healthy seasons.  

He played 28 games total the first two seasons and 26 the last two combined.

He should definitely be ashamed of 1053 yards, 10 TDS, and 67 catches in TWO seasons combined.

Good receivers have better numbers than that in one season.

Edited by billsfan11

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

We walked away with a pick, they didn't. We won that trade, and thinking otherwise is...sketchy.

Gotcha--so neither availability or performance on the field matter, as long as we came away with a pick?

That's...well, a very odd way of looking at it.

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

If Sammy does not re-sign with the Rams and Gaines re-signs with the Bills would that change your mind?  I get your point here and agree just wondering if further details will change your mind.  I think the Bills did very well in the trade.  Much better than I thought it would work out when I first saw the news breaking.  I don't care if the Rams (because I'm not a Rams fan) did well in the trade but I agree that they also got value.  

Absolutely it would change my mind.  The course of each player's career will determine who "won" the trade IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Gotcha--so neither availability or performance on the field matter, as long as we came away with a pick?

That's...well, a very odd way of looking at it.

If both teams lose the respective player to FA and one walks away with a pick, how else should you look at it?

Come on man.

6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

He played 28 games total the first two seasons and 26 the last two combined.

He should definitely be ashamed of 1053 yards, 10 TDS, and 67 catches in TWO seasons combined.

Good receivers have better numbers than that in one season.

So let's just forget about the Jones Fracture that caused him to miss 8 games in the 2016 season and he was clearly not healthy in the game he played.  Shame on him and his broken foot.  ;)

BTW, he actually played in 23 games in the last two seasons.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, joesixpack said:

If both teams lose the respective player to FA and one walks away with a pick, how else should you look at it?

Come on man.

Well, your assuming something that hasn't happened yet, which is, IMO, unwise.

As to how else to look at it, I might also consider availability and performance on the field, but that's just me.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So let's just forget about the Jones Fracture that caused him to miss 8 games in the 2016 season and he was clearly not healthy in the game he played.  Shame on him and his broken foot.  ;)

Whoops my apologies.

For some reason I mis read his games played. You are correct there 

42 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, your assuming something that hasn't happened yet, which is, IMO, unwise.

As to how else to look at it, I might also consider availability and performance on the field, but that's just me.

Let's go further and discuss impact.

Who had a greater impact on their team's success this year? 10ish games of Gaines or 16 of Sammy?

Edited by jmc12290

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

y’all mad and I’m not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I’m good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y’all little jobs for the rest of y’all lives 

He's the poster boy for stupid comments on social media killing goodwill with his home market. This post was almost singlehandedly responsible for people turning on him. Combine that with his fragility and he basically ran himself out of town.  

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

He's the poster boy for stupid comments on social media killing goodwill with his home market. This post was almost singlehandedly responsible for people turning on him. Combine that with his fragility and he basically ran himself out of town.  

The comments may have killed goodwill ( if there was any) amongst idiots who found it OK to harass the guy on social media about an injury or those who could see themselves doing the same thing if only they had the time. More objective thinkers probably found his response to these cretins humorous and saw it as them getting their " comeuppance". It is of little consequence now, but I still laugh at Sammy putting these losers in their rightful place. Good for him and I'm sure he'll land on his feet and do just fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

his fragility? wasn't this in response to individuals with nothing else better to do, than harass a professional athlete because they disapproved of their performance? perhaps their "little job" grants them the time.

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The comments may have killed goodwill ( if there was any) amongst idiots who found it OK to harass the guy on social media about an injury or those who could see themselves doing the same thing if only they had the time. More objective thinkers probably found his response to these cretins humorous and saw it as them getting their " comeuppance". It is of little consequence now, but I still laugh at Sammy putting these losers in their rightful place. Good for him and I'm sure he'll land on his feet and do just fine. 

agreed

Edited by 87168

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

not going to say they were not idiots, they were but he is supposed to be one the youth would look up to. not look as bad, if not worse, with that response.

if you can not handle what can be the worst outlet for trolling someone, stay clear and be the consummate professional.