If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think the chance he is back is less than 10%.  I don't think they have any desire to have him as the veteran.  It is the last option only in my opinion.  Picking the option up is purely about making him more attractive as a trade proposition.  The Bills are willing to pay that bit extra to get something back for him rather than cutting him.  

Indeed this is almost assuredly an attempt to maximize his value on the market.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Cant stand another year of garbage QB play from the Bills...and people getting exciting about signing a 30 year old corner is a joke. EJ Gaines is 10x the player. 

Cry me a river.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:
Andrew BrandtVerified account @AndrewBrandt 53s54 seconds ago
The Glennon signing, like the Eagles/Bradford signing a year before, are cautionary tales for teams signing veterans and also considering 1st round QBs. Days of expensive placeholder quarterbacks are numbered.

Well, the disaster that was the Bills in 2013-2014 is a cautionary tale for teams (and their fans) who think sending a  veteran QB packing to save a few $$ because they plan on drafting a QB in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What if the Bills are over .500 when they make the change?  Because that was what happened when the Giants benched Kurt Warner for Eli Manning and Eli was a 1st overall pick with the surname "Manning".

Because I don't agree with it.  The only questions the Bills should be asking themselves are:

1) which rookie in this class do we want;

2) how do we make sure we get them;

3) how do we create the best situation for that rookie.

To me Tyrod as your veteran is not doing #3.  Now you still need a veteran... you just need one without the history, the baggage and the drama that the Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo story is.  

Right on man

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because I don't agree with it.  The only questions the Bills should be asking themselves are:

To me Tyrod as your veteran is not doing #3.  Now you still need a veteran... you just need one without the history, the baggage and the drama that the Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo story is.  

How is having a Matt Moore or Chad Henne playing ahead of a rookie QB "creating the best situation for that rookie"?   Are you suggesting that the Bills need to insure that the veteran QB on the roster is absolutely no threat to their "future franchise QB"?  In that case, the Bills should just reprise 2013 and start the season with Peterman, the rookie QB, and a practice squad refugee.   That guarantees that the rookie QB will be starting before mid-season and saves a ton of cap space to boot.

Dan Patrick has been having a QB comparison to actresses the past two days and it's been a great listen.

Today, the guy who came up with the formal comparison list called in and mentioned how Tyrod is like Aubrey Plaza.....not quite sure what to do or what to make of him/her, but that there's potential to be useful in some aspect.

3821.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

How is having a Matt Moore or Chad Henne playing ahead of a rookie QB "creating the best situation for that rookie"?   Are you suggesting that the Bills need to insure that the veteran QB on the roster is absolutely no threat to their "future franchise QB"?  In that case, the Bills should just reprise 2013 and start the season with Peterman, the rookie QB, and a practice squad refugee.   That guarantees that the rookie QB will be starting before mid-season and saves a ton of cap space to boot.

A guy that understands defenses, calls audibles, goes through his progressions, has a lot more value to a rookie QB than a guy like Taylor who goes into improv mode the majority of the game and doesn't understand the position in depth. 

What Bill said about Beane and McD having no appetite for another Tyrod benching also carries some weight. It's an unnessecary distraction and Taylor's own comments last year fed that narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Dan Patrick has been having a QB comparison to actresses the past two days and it's been a great listen.

Today, the guy who came up with the formal comparison list called in and mentioned how Tyrod is like Aubrey Plaza.....not quite sure what to do or what to make of him/her, but that there's potential to be useful in some aspect.

3821.jpg

I'd hit it.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What if the Bills are over .500 when they make the change?  Because that was what happened when the Giants benched Kurt Warner for Eli Manning and Eli was a 1st overall pick with the surname "Manning".

Despite a slippage in form, Warner was a Superbowl winning QB.  I'm sure many in the media and locker room thought he deserved a longer leash.  Tyrod has Donald Jones questioning his ability on state sponsored radio.  

Guys EJ Gaines isn't two times the player that Vontae Davis is.. or three... or four.. or five.........or six.....or seven.... or eight.... or nine... BUT TEN TIMES THE PLAYER VONTAE IS.

Book the freaking super bowl boys on team Gaines!

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right?!?!?  it wasn't the 17 years that broke the camels back. he decided to pack it in after the playoff season

CLASSIC.

Haha bold move finally break the drought and time to close up shop

A bit dramatic. Tyrod and his play have been discussed plenty.

Bottom line is there are worse QB's that the team could have. With the current group of TE's and WR's no QB outside of the great ones could do much better. This team had the worst WR core in the league by far. Tyrod's playmaking helps the lack of talent at those positions. A better passing QB with this group of players does not mean better results. The team needs to upgrade at WR and QB. If not may be best to stick with Tyrod.