Vic C & Greg Gabriel - Don't see Bills moving up in RD1

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

It would be so Billsy to take a OG/DT or DB in round 1 i dont even wanna go there.

Missing out on a top heavy QB draft when you have ammunition to move up and draft.  Gross.

What if they like Rudolph?  Or Jackson?  Or Mike White or some other QB not considered

one of the "top" QB's?  A QB they don't have to trade up for?

They need a DT so you shouldn't be upset if they draft one.   Beane has said he believes in

building through the draft.  The man has 5 picks in the first three rounds and a team full

of holes.  The math tells you Vic and Gabriel might not be off on this one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Young34 said:

To further your point, blowing draft capital on one position is how you end up like the Browns:

2007 - Brady Quinn, 1st Round

2010 - Colt McCoy, 3rd Round

2012 - Brandon Weeden, 1st Round

2014 - Johnny Manziel, 1st Round

2016 - Cody Kessler, 1st Round

2017 - DiShone Kizer, 2nd Round

2017 - A.J. McCarron (2nd and 3rd Round 2018 Picks)

That's 4 first Round QB's, two 2nd Round QB's, and a 3rd Round QB in 10 years.

Browns record for the last 10 years:

2007 - 10/6

2008 - 4/12

2009 - 5/11

2010 - 5/11

2011 - 4/12

2012 - 5/11

2013 - 4/12

2014 - 7/9

2015 - 3/13

2016 - 1/15

2017 - Perfect Season

I really do not want to give up a bunch of draft picks to gamble on one guy.  None of the top 4 or 5 sound like sure things.  I like Baker but he is not ideal physically

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

you recall we picked EJ Manuel as the QB and then Peterson.

Wait and see for me about how smart they are.
 I do lean towards the positive of course.

But Faith needs some affirmation now and again :D

McDermott + Beane + Front Office is the most intelligent group of men we've ever had running this team.  I have faith they will get us a QB.  Just my opinion though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We have no idea what the Bills are going to do.

Of the FA's available, I would love for the Bills to take a shot at Bradford as he is very good if healthy.

That means the Bills can actually bridge a young QB If Bradford stays healthy. Big if, I know, but worth it.

In this scenario, I can see the Bills trading back several times if they like an under the radar guy, instead of the top guys.

OBD will pound the table for decades saying we will not use top picks to move up for a QB, but a WR or RB let's give away 2 or 3 firsts.

Why risk the chance to not restart the playoffless streak we just owned, besides we still have the great Rex QB here. We all know Rex is a total QB guru.

Great teams win with 3 points a game. 

We should all be thankful we get a new OC every season and that every new HC likes to play with other teams backup QBs before getting fired, this is a great thing, we should all be proud.

Why would fans want a QB teams are worried to make a QB when we have a QB teams game plan to make a QB. Draft a QB in the 1st? Sorry but Buffalo don't get QBs that way, I hear they are thinking about bringing Thigpen back, man those were the days, nobody could hold a clipboard like Thigpen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rockinon said:

This is pretty much what I am thinking.  The team overall has a lot of holes to fill. Can't see them giving up a bunch of draft picks to move up. With all of the FA QBs available this year, it's much more likely that one of them falls to Buffalo anyway. Other teams are not going to trade too far up to land a QB either.  Management doesn't really need to gamble to get what they want.  Plus this QB class isn't coming off the board all that quick anyway. This class is way over hyped.

Yeah, but then like last year and many other years, one team jumps up and others panic and you end up with a Chris Ponder drafted in the top half of the 1st round.

11 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:
Greg Gabriel @greggabe 4m4 minutes ago
My friend @viccarucci has similar feelings to me when it comes to Bills moving up in first. They won’t. Vic was just talking about this on the NFLNetwork

:lol::lol::lol:

Unless we get Carson Wentz we are moving up. We didn't get all those picks to sit on them. If they were worried about "holes" they wouldn't have traded those players away that gave them those picks.

8 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

this tells me that they got a fa in mind. maybe they give a one for foles. maybe they are looking to sign a.j. and max the picks...either i would be happy with...or maybe they feel they can start nate and take a rudolph or white and maybe even a second one later in riley.

i think tt and/ or glenn trade put us in a position to move up without giving up first round draft capitol.

i would love to get mayfield,we'll have to wait and see where all the free agents fall.

peterson?

Oops.  

11 hours ago, Young34 said:

To further your point, blowing draft capital on one position is how you end up like the Browns:

2007 - Brady Quinn, 1st Round

2010 - Colt McCoy, 3rd Round

2012 - Brandon Weeden, 1st Round

2014 - Johnny Manziel, 1st Round

2016 - Cody Kessler, 1st Round

2017 - DiShone Kizer, 2nd Round

2017 - A.J. McCarron (2nd and 3rd Round 2018 Picks)

That's 4 first Round QB's, two 2nd Round QB's, and a 3rd Round QB in 10 years.

Browns record for the last 10 years:

2007 - 10/6

2008 - 4/12

2009 - 5/11

2010 - 5/11

2011 - 4/12

2012 - 5/11

2013 - 4/12

2014 - 7/9

2015 - 3/13

2016 - 1/15

2017 - Perfect Season

Better not try then amirite?

10 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Or people want to question someone who is purely speculating without any inside sources.

i can respect Vic Carucci.  He’s a good reporter, has broken stories with the Bills, and has many relationships with the organization.

It’s Greg Gabriel who I am questioning.  He’s purely guessing her.  He also does not have the credibility or sources that Carucci does.  If you follow him on Twitter he legit talked up Peterman all year long while trashing Tyrod.  That’s why I’m not a fan.  Attack the messenger my ass!!!!

Yeah, he's purely expressing an opinion here. And he never pretends otherwise. Same with Carucci. And yet you're still attacking Gabriel.

And not only did you attack the messenger in your first post but you're doing an excellent job of continuing here.

The way to NOT attack the messenger is to talk about what he said rather than him. It's really a very simple thing.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

OBD will pound the table for decades saying we will not use top picks to move up for a QB, but a WR or RB let's give away 2 or 3 firsts.

Why risk the chance to not restart the playoffless streak we just owned, besides we still have the great Rex QB here. We all know Rex is a total QB guru.

Great teams win with 3 points a game. 

We should all be thankful we get a new OC every season and that every new HC likes to play with other teams backup QBs before getting fired, this is a great thing, we should all be proud.

Why would fans want a QB teams are worried to make a QB when we have a QB teams game plan to make a QB. Draft a QB in the 1st? Sorry but Buffalo don't get QBs that way, I hear they are thinking about bringing Thigpen back, man those were the days, nobody could hold a clipboard like Thigpen.

If we actually drafted a top QB then we wouldn't be able to have "how about this QB?" threads all offseason and until the end of time. No thanks, just draft a center instead.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

If we actually drafted a top QB then we wouldn't be able to have "how about this QB?" threads all offseason and until the end of time. No thanks, just draft a center instead.

Haha, right on man,

And no Tyrod threads, how could we live without those

16 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm a Rangers fan (Hate that we are rebuilding, but like the returns we got). Hopefully Beane can pull some moves off like that...

Sabres took the best they got, but it was underwhelming to say the least....

If they were considered locks, no one would even trade out of their draft position, since we all have the same need...

It was the return for Nash that makes the Kane deal look particularly bad.  Few years ago, I had much more hope for the Sabres than the Bills.  I am not especially confident about the Bills, but they appear closer.  Loved Tim Murray's deadpan schtick, but it was only amusing when you thought he had a clue.  What a messed up rebuild.