Active shooter at Florida high school

3 hours ago, baskin said:

Should gun owners be responsible and accountable for their weapons?

Of course.

Exactly what civil rights groups, such as the NRA, have always taught.

The NRA does not oppose background checks or training. It is the largest gun safety training organization it the world. But go on about your taking points.

Stephen Miller's (the columnist) response to those 'marchers' who say enough is enough , the 2nd amendment is outdated !!

Here’s the thing. We don’t have to listen to you. There is no debate about our born rights. We don’t have to justify it. Not to you. Not to the media. Not to Democrats. No one. It’s all in writing. *You have to justify it to us.

DZEguGwVoAMchk0.jpg..................This reminds me of the Westboro Baptist people.

HxAA38ye_bigger.jpgChristal HayesVerified account @Journo_Christal

FollowFollow @Journo_Christal
Other tidbits here in D.C.: security is heavy. Shirts are for sale everywhere.#marchforourlivesmarchforourlives.png

SECURITY ?............I don't understand.

Edited by B-Man

Yep, a terrific crowd.................it costs a lot of money to get a crowd that big.

As I stated on the last page, the kids are earnest , their Handlers are not.

I hope they won't become too disillusioned when they realize they are just being used.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ADDED:

A reminder from the Washington Post: School shootings becoming LESS common... 

So, ask yourself, why now ?.................why no DC March after the horrible murders at Newtown, CT ? ...........Hint: President

Edited by B-Man

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yep, a terrific crowd.................it costs a lot of money to get a crowd that big.

I hope they won't become too disillusioned when they realize they are just being used.

Just like his base is being used.   

These “kids” spent their own dime demonstrating and not tax dollars to avoid being in the capital by flying to his golf course in FLA.  

Selling T shirts is the American way.  Make a profit when and where you can.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Paul McCartney threw his weight behind calls for gun control at the March for Our Lives in New York on Saturday, saying the issue has struck a chord with him because fellow Beatle John Lennon was killed by a gun. Speaking to CNN, McCartney conceded he wasn’t sure calls for change could end gun violence altogether, but “this is what we can do, so I'm here to do it.” “One of my best friends was killed in gun violence right around here, so it’s important to me,” he said. Lennon was famously shot and killed outside his Manhattan apartment building in 1980. 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Just like his base is being used.   

These “kids” spent their own dime demonstrating and not tax dollars to avoid being in the capital by flying to his golf course in FLA.  

Not even REMOTELY true................Please tell me that you don't really believe this.

Revealing scenes from the “March for our Lives”................So much for school safety. This was about politics

JAZZ SHAW

Nearly all the coverage of the March for our Lives events today predictably looked like a scene straight out of central casting. That was particularly true of the coverage on CNN. Trust me. I sat through hours of it because, well… it’s Saturday and I’m the weekend editor, so that’s just how it goes. There was a decided, shall we say… “tone” to CNN’s broadcast. This was particularly true of the chyron messages which didn’t change overly much throughout the day. Here’s one which I captured straight from the television. Notice anything odd about it?

cnn20.jpg

MASSIVE CROWDS RALLY COAST TO COAST TO DEMAND GUN CONTROL

Wait a minute. I thought this was a rally to end gun violence in schools? Or at least a more generic call to “action.” When did the focus of the entire thing become “gun control?” Ah, well. Nevermind, I guess. This is CNN.

They were at least revealing some of the conveniently repeated themes on display with the shirts and signs in the crowds. A more suspicious person might guess that this was all being orchestrated from somewhere. Here’s one of them which caught my eye immediately.

cnn10.jpg

And then there was this. But don’t you dare suggest that their parents were helping them.:lol:

Wow. As I said on Twitter earlier, those kindergartners are really upping their game in mastering printers and label making.

But even if they’re focusing on political action, it’s good to encourage the young people to vote as soon as they are of age. And school safety should be an issue which is of concern to everyone across party lines. At least it’s not a promotional campaign for only one party, right? Ahem…

March10.jpg

Yes, some of those attendees look a bit long in the tooth for high school, but they were all mixed in together. And that sign has “Greed Over People” (GOP… get it? I know, it’s subtle, right?) in a circle with a strike through it. And then there were a LOT of these:

March30.jpg

Others carried signs reading, “GOP = NRA Vote Them Out.” Yes, despite the fact that a lot of these kids were barely aware of the NRA (if at all) just last semester, everyone was blaming the NRA. That’s easy to do when you don’t realize that the NRA is the biggest organization pushing gun safety out there and that nobody from the NRA has ever shot up a school. Some of the well “prepared” activists were far less subtle when it came to the organization. CNN covered one student who was handing out “contracts” for parents to sign, swearing they would never vote for candidates who refuse to “prioritize children’s safety over guns.”

And then, of course, there was David Hogg, who apparently has not been back to school since the shooting. I’m just guessing about that, but the guy is on television so much it’s difficult to imagine how he would find time to do any homework.

I once again had a moment to feel somewhat bad for David, wondering how he will react when he’s inevitably abandoned by the Democrats and left behind after they determine that his usefulness has come to an end and the next shiny thing comes along to catch their eye. His speech was all about voting in November, without a word about how they propose to actually make schools safer. I was going to embed that here, but it was simply too sad to watch.

david-hogg-salute-march.jpg

Edited by B-Man

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

They won't figure it out until the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November... when their newfound handlers 'friends' stop returning their calls, and the media no longer wants to interview them.

Is there anything in the Bill of Rights the Democratic party doesn't want to get rid of?  At this point, I'm pretty sure we could get them to argue that soldiers should be quartered in private homes as a cost-saving measure for DoD.

• Haha (+1) 2

Cosmo_B-Day_Hat_bigger.jpgJonah GoldbergVerified account @JonahNRO 11h11 hours ago
A 17 year old says a politician (Rubio) has literally put a price tag on children’s lives to rake money from a lobby (NRA). This is unfair on the facts and gross as an insinuation.

I call it demagoguery.

Freak out ensues.

Freak outers say: Why are you so triggered by his compelling and morally uplifting rhetoric?

You must be terrified by his powers of persuasion!

Or, you’re in the NRAs pocket.

Well, 1. I cannot stand the demagogic rhetoric of the NRA these days. It is grotesque.

But that’s irrelevant. Instead...

I ask you to imagine a teenager saying that [insert literally any f*cking Democratic senator] put a “price tag” on tens of millions of dead babies because they sold out to Planned Parenthood.

How many of these same people would bleat “OMG demagogue!”?

The inability of people (Left and Right) to understand their team’s tactics and rhetoric also suck is why this country is in such ****ty shape.

Amen.

Edited by B-Man

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is there anything in the Bill of Rights the Democratic party doesn't want to get rid of?  At this point, I'm pretty sure we could get them to argue that soldiers should be quartered in private homes as a cost-saving measure for DoD.

Considering the trial lawyer lobby, I'd say the Seventh is pretty safe

But the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth, Eighth, and Tenth aren't too popular with Progressives.  And that bit about bills of attainder probably isn't too popular either

8 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Considering the trial lawyer lobby, I'd say the Seventh is pretty safe

But the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth, Eighth, and Tenth aren't too popular with Progressives.  And that bit about bills of attainder probably isn't too popular either

And the Fifth.  They're never big believers in due process of law.

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Not even REMOTELY true................Please tell that you don't really believe this.

Signage?   That’s your rationale?

800 thousand alone in DC.  

How many others across the Nation in Boston, NYC, ATL etc?  

Did the Dems pay transportation for all of them? 

Dont be blind to the meme they will take your guns away trash. (Oh BTW Donny is or was on their side) 

they are asking for additional gun controls on automatic weapons.  

How do you know some of those whacko signs weren’t som GOP plants? 

5 hours ago, baskin said:

Should gun owners be responsible and accountable for their weapons?

Are they not already you paramecium !@#$tard?

Trying to bring a political subject to TSW that has nothing to do with intellectual honesty on my viewpoints, the subject matter discussed or within the terms of the board = you're a B word.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dont be blind to the meme they will take your guns away trash. (Oh BTW Donny is or was on their side) 

800k?  That'll be 1.2M by Tuesday.

When really, it was more like 500k.

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I give up..............You are too far gone.

The separate article that I posted, and for that matter all the others, do not remotely reflect what you have tried to claim as the conservative viewpoint on this.

Just keep twisting everyone's replies

and I'll keep posting articles from reporters at the 'march'

March for Our Lives draws bigger crowd than Trump inauguration, organizers say http://hill.cm/AJbyjtZ 

Yeah … no. 

Not even close.

Of course, this figure seems to have originally come from Think Progress but still. :lol:

From CBS News:

More than 200,000 people attended the March for Our Lives demonstration in Washington D.C. on Saturday, according to Digital Design & Imaging Service Inc (DDIS). The Virginia-based firm uses a proprietary method for calculating crowd size using aerial photos

The peak crowd size was 202,796 people, with a margin of error of 15 percent, the firm said. The crowd reached its largest size at 1 p.m., according to the company’s estimates.

Gosh, that’s a lot less than the 800,000 they were claiming were in attendance in D.C.

FYI, reports are that roughly 420k people attended Trump’s inauguration … which is double the number who attended the D.C. protest.

How many people attended the March for Our Lives? - CBS News

Edited by B-Man

28 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

A valid point but eliminating the Fifth could come back to haunt them if they should ever need it

So will the rest of them.  They're nothing if short-sighted.  When's the last time the Democrats actually thought through the ramifications of banning something they hated?

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Boy Man is out of his mind. Let him post as much bull **** as he needs to.

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So will the rest of them.  They're nothing if short-sighted.  When's the last time the Democrats actually thought through the ramifications of banning something they hated?

True but again the Democrats are full of lawyers, and if there is one thing lawyers are good at it's covering their own a**

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What's the odds you could have polled everyone there to ask them who killed the kids at Parkland and get the right name?

Pablo Cruz?

Nikolas Cage?

Odds of somewhere between 200,000 and 800,000 people all getting it right? Less than "0".

USA TODAY HARSHES THE NARRATIVE: Despite The Protests, Many High Schoolers Are Pro-Gun:

They’re young, fierce and — at least for the moment — the most prominent voices in America’s debate over guns.

But not all members of “Generation Columbine” cling to the rhetoric making household names out of some of their peers, those students calling for tighter gun control after the deadly Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Many American high schoolers do not blame school shootings on guns and don’t argue the answer is tighter restrictions on firearms. It’s a view at odds with many of their classmates, yet born from the same safety concerns.

“There’s many things that go into a solution for this, and it’s not guns,” said Melanie Clark, an 18-year-old high school senior from Tallahassee. “We’re definitely in the minority for believing that it’s not guns.”

As gun-control advocates their age gain popularity and others cast their generation as anti-firearm, pro-gun students feel at times overlooked. But polling suggests young people aren’t overwhelmingly for gun control.

Weird, because that’s all they show on CNN.

The same politicians who call for you to not have the ability to bare fire arms are the same ones that go around all the time with armed security.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Again, people in this country have no common sense whatsoever, so I will state the two OBVIOUSLY common sense things, ONCE AGAIN................

If criminals/harm doers want to get any kind of gun they want to kill you, THEY WILL ALWAYS be able to get the weapon of their choice, no matter what laws are on the book........

And.......................

Law abiding citizens have the right to protect themselves and their families with their guns of choice. It has been that way since this country was born and it that changes, you might as well tell these law abiding citizens to get out of this country.

2 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

If this was truly about saving lives, they’d be marching for mandatory defensive driving courses. 

Also the quality of signage flies in the face of an “organic” march.

Protestors: Government is out of control, they don't listen to us! 

Me: Yup. 

Protestors: We need to get rid of the second amendment to stay safe! 

Me: !@#$ off. 

• Like (+1) 1

SEVEN OBSERVATIONS ON THE “MARCH FOR OUR LIVES” PROTEST

by Paul Mirengoff

I didn’t go to the children’s anti-gun march in Washington today, having paid my dues at the women’s anti-Trump march on inauguration weekend. However, Jarrett Stepman of the Daily Signal attended. He provides seven takeaways, none of which will surprise readers.

The seven are:

1. It was a left-wing event.

2. It was well-organized and well-funded.

3. Prayer was ridiculed.

4. Those who disagree with the protesters were condemned as complicit in murder.

5. The Second Amendment is viewed as outdated and problematic.

6. Many protesters were fuzzy on the fact (to put it kindly).

7. The march was definitely not a gun-free zone.

Stepman’s report, along with pictures from the march, is here.

The Hill corrects:....................http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/380172-march-for-our-lives-crowd-smaller-than-expected-report

'March for Our Lives' crowd smaller than expected: report

A Sunday estimate of the crowd at the “March for Our Lives” rally for gun control in Washington, D.C., on Saturday was much smaller than the crowd estimated by organizers.

Digital Design & Imaging Service Inc. estimated around 200,000 people attended the rally, CBS News reportedOrganizers on Saturday estimated 800,000.

AND.............as needs to be repeated on every page:

A reminder from the Washington Post: School shootings becoming LESS common... 

Edited by B-Man

This image juxtaposition is hard to even believe.

On the right, a sign reads, “Speak for the ones who can’t.” It is a call for more stringent gun laws. And in the image on the left, there are “we stand with Planned Parenthood” signs strewn across the memorial.

From the parent of one of the Parkland murdered teenagers...............but maybe (like bzrul) he is just concerned with his penis

I stopped by MSD this morning to visit my daughter’s memorial. The irony of what I saw is almost more than one can bear. Who speaks for the ones that can’t? #MarchForOurLives

DZIeex2U8AEyeL8.jpgDZIeexyU0AEGinZ.jpg

That someone could place those messages of death in the midst of such a somber memorial is just sick.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

What kind of sick, selfish person uses the memorial site for a murdered 14 year old Mormon girl to push Planned Parenthood? I am so, so sad that her father had to see this.

Edited by B-Man

Today, we marched. Tomorrow, we fight.

Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv asks the most important and pressing question when it comes to the March for Our Lives rallies that took place this weekend.

Fight for what? I'm still unclear about that https://twitter.com/delaneytarr/status/977723640971177984 

The answer is clear

To elect Democrats. That's all this has ever been about.

whatever happened to Black Lives Matter? Were they at the March for Our Lives?

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

800k?  That'll be 1.2M by Tuesday.

When really, it was more like 500k.

Metro alone said it had 500K riders to and from the "event" 

18 hours ago, garybusey said:

Boy Man is out of his mind. Let him post as much bull **** as he needs to.

He can post what he wants.     If he wants to act like a crazed right wing fringe fanatic then I can get a good laugh.  

If anyone wants to act like a crazed left wing fringe fanatic then I too can get a good laugh. 

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

I give up..............You are too far gone.

The separate article that I posted, and for that matter all the others, do not remotely reflect what you have tried to claim as the conservative viewpoint on this.

Just keep twisting everyone's replies

and I'll keep posting articles from reporters at the 'march'

Sorry B-Man, it is you that has the problem.  You choose to believe your party is the best and the other side sucks at everything.  

Both sides LIE. Both sides are self serving.  Members of both sides are willing to switch parties if it gets them re-elected.  

Both sides have some form of "media" in their pockets that will write the viewpoint that will serve their base. 

When you come to realize this you will be better for it.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The big take away from this is that each time a school gets shot up, these kids will be ready to organize a response and put pressure on law makers to do something. They will get the attention of the media. 

If there are no more school shootings, they will quickly disappear. 

Hey remember when LA Grant, gator, Shady et al. told us that "nobody is coming for your guns you paranoid lunatics."

You guys want to own up to those lies now or later?

• Like (+1) 1