Active shooter at Florida high school

5 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Hey remember when LA Grant, gator, Shady et al. told us that "nobody is coming for your guns you paranoid lunatics."

You guys want to own up to those lies now or later?

Are they going to ban all guns? When is that going to happen? 

The tactic adopted by the NRA and right is to screaming that your guns are being taken away if they put on background checks, waiting periods, taking away crazy people's, wife beater's and other violent types guns and other sensible reforms. Muddy the water tactics by right 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The big take away from this is that each time a school gets shot up, these kids will be ready to hop in front of a camera (if they can get there before Chuck Schumer) to be the face of an organized leftist  a response and put pressure on law makers to do something. They will get the attention of the media. 

If there are no more school shootings, they will quickly disappear. 

FTFY.

And the kids won't disappear when school shootings stop; they'll disappear when their puppeteers find a more useful face of their issue du jour.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are they going to ban all guns? When is that going to happen? 

The tactic adopted by the NRA and right is to screaming that your guns are being taken away if they put on background checks, waiting periods, taking away crazy people's, wife beater's and other violent types guns and other sensible reforms. Muddy the water tactics by right 

And those signs that say "repeal the 2nd?"

Just now, Tiberius said:

About as meaningful as chants of "Lock her up!" or "Mexico will pay for the wall" 

Meaningful or not, it demonstrates that there are people, American citizens (probably), who do want the government to come for our guns.

And yet all I hear from gun-grabbers is "nobody wants to ban all guns."

SJWs. Always. Lie.

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Meaningful or not, it demonstrates that there are people, American citizens (probably), who do want the government to come for our guns.

SJWs. Always. Lie.

Welcome to America! Where we have people with all sorts of...(gasp) opinions! 

Still, common sense gun reforms don't mean guns will be banned. You guys just want to paint the whole movement as extreme. Its a tactic of yours. And it is a lie 

7 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

SJWs. Always. Lie.

The nature of the Second Amendment makes it especially difficult to violate without shedding the blood of tyrants.  Perhaps David and Lauren Hogg have decided not enough Parkland students have died of gun violence, and would like to offer to help confiscate firearms?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Welcome to America! Where we have people with all sorts of...(gasp) opinions! 

Still, common sense gun reforms don't mean guns will be banned. You guys just want to paint the whole movement as extreme. Its a tactic of yours. And it is a lie 

Every gun law is an infringement on my rights.  If every gun law is an infringement, any gun-grabbing movement is extreme.

Literally every gun law passed in Congress since 1934 only goes to show that gun control advocates will never stop.  A two year wait and a $200 fee to get an SBR.  Same thing for a suppressor.  "Assault weapon" bans.  Magazine capacity restrictions.  Give me a !@#$ing break.  Gun-grabbers won't stop until all you can own is a single shot muzzleloader, and then they'll come for that.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Every gun law is an infringement on my rights.  If every gun law is an infringement, any gun-grabbing movement is extreme.

Literally every gun law passed in Congress since 1934 only goes to show that gun control advocates will never stop.  A two year wait and a $200 fee to get an SBR.  Same thing for a suppressor.  "Assault weapon" bans.  Magazine capacity restrictions.  Give me a !@#$ing break.  Gun-grabbers won't stop until all you can own is a single shot muzzleloader, and then they'll come for that.

"common sense"

"reforms"

Those are the two items that need to be torn down and exposed.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

That's kind of hysterical, like saying seat belts mean they will ban automobiles soon 

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The nature of the Second Amendment makes it especially difficult to violate without shedding the blood of tyrants.  Perhaps David and Lauren Hogg have decided not enough Parkland students have died of gun violence, and would like to offer to help confiscate firearms?

Trying to use lawlessness and violence won't protect any rights. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you take seriously the idea that yesterday’s marches had something to do with mass murder or school safety, you are remarkably naive.

Someone should explain to the demonstrators that mass murderers don’t tend to be sensitive to public opinion. But of course they want nothing but more gun control.

The irony is that the Parkland shootings exposed government failures at every possible level, from the FBI to local school authorities to perverse policies of the Obama administration. And yet liberals have only one proposed solution to any problem–less power for the individual, more power for the government. What Parkland actually demonstrates is the need for less reliance on government and more self-help at the school and individual level.

Children’s Crusade? No, It’s Worse

I described the teenager-led anti-gun campaign, which has been breathlessly endorsed by the Democratic Party media, as a 21st century Children’s Crusade, referring to the ill-fated 1212 version. But with hindsight, that was unfair to the 13th-century kids. They undoubtedly had a better idea of why they were trying to liberate the Holy Land than the teenagers who demonstrated today have about why guns should be confiscated.

Charlie Kirk, the President of Turning Point USA, waded into the D.C. crowd of lefty protesters to ask a simple question: What is an assault rifle? The results were predictably amusing: VIDEO AT THE LINK

Most people would say that if you want to ban something, you at least should know what it is you are trying to prohibit. But today’s liberals can’t get over that low bar.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If you take seriously the idea that yesterday’s marches had something to do with mass murder or school safety, you are remarkably naive.

Someone should explain to the demonstrators that mass murderers don’t tend to be sensitive to public opinion. But of course they want nothing but more gun control.

The irony is that the Parkland shootings exposed government failures at every possible level, from the FBI to local school authorities to perverse policies of the Obama administration. And yet liberals have only one proposed solution to any problem–less power for the individual, more power for the government. What Parkland actually demonstrates is the need for less reliance on government and more self-help at the school and individual level.

Children’s Crusade? No, It’s Worse

I described the teenager-led anti-gun campaign, which has been breathlessly endorsed by the Democratic Party media, as a 21st century Children’s Crusade, referring to the ill-fated 1212 version. But with hindsight, that was unfair to the 13th-century kids. They undoubtedly had a better idea of why they were trying to liberate the Holy Land than the teenagers who demonstrated today have about why guns should be confiscated.

Charlie Kirk, the President of Turning Point USA, waded into the D.C. crowd of lefty protesters to ask a simple question: What is an assault rifle? The results were predictably amusing: VIDEO AT THE LINK

Most people would say that if you want to ban something, you at least should know what it is you are trying to prohibit. But today’s liberals can’t get over that low bar.

And the guy in the video doesn't know what an assault rifle is either.  That video was ignorance arguing with even greater ignorance.

Truth...............

Was gun control rally just a big voter registration drive?

The enthusiasm of voters on the left is undeniable in this mid-term election year. With calls for his impeachment even before he took the oath of office, President Trump has energized his detractors like no other in recent times, even more so than President Obama did among conservative voters. Obama produced the Tea Party revolt yet that has now essentially fizzled out.

{snip}

Voter registration is a central part of their operations. During the March for Our Lives events Saturday, this jumped out at me again. Several cities throughout the state held rallies and marches and all of them used their regional directors to promote their voter registration efforts on social media.

AND.............as needs to be repeated on every page:

A reminder from the Washington Post: School shootings becoming LESS common... 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

That's kind of hysterical, like saying seat belts mean they will ban automobiles soon 

Trying to use lawlessness and violence won't protect any rights. 

Actually that is the point. Regulators have yet to show any sort of restraint when it comes to any sort of legislation when it comes to personal freedoms (see: California.) as a result the gun lobby has decided to not give on anything, wary that an inch provides a crack in the armor for future momentum on restrictions. This creates an environment devoid of logic or rational solutions.

4 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Actually that is the point. Regulators have yet to show any sort of restraint when it comes to any sort of legislation when it comes to personal freedoms (see: California.) as a result the gun lobby has decided to not give on anything, wary that an inch provides a crack in the armor for future momentum on restrictions. This creates an environment devoid of logic or rational solutions.

What freedoms have we lost to regulations? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

What freedoms have we lost to regulations? 

Have you gone camping lately. Or tried to cut down a few trees on your property...or build an addition without paying the environmental impact blackmail(your mileage may vary depending on where you live)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Have you gone camping lately. Or tried to cut down a few trees on your property...or build an addition without paying the environmental impact blackmail(your mileage may vary depending on where you live)

Ya, I've had six trees cut down on my property and burned them all up in the wood burning stove. Got my eye on a big pine that needs to go, too. 

We are more free now than in the past 

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, I've had six trees cut down on my property and burned them all up in the wood burning stove. Got my eye on a big pine that needs to go, too. 

We are more free now than in the past 

Be careful about burning pine, you sap.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What is your career?

You and DC appear to have PLENTY of time to surf the web...

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Someone should explain to the demonstrators that mass murderers don’t tend to be sensitive to public opinion.

Someone should explain to the GOP that a generation of voters who will NEVER vote Republican has been borne

Edited by baskin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, baskin said:

What is your career?

You and DC appear to have PLENTY of time to surf the web...

Someone should explain to the GOP that a generation of voters who will NEVER vote Republican has been bamboozled.

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Fixed it for you.

Well...I would say you must be speaking from experience....

Either way ....they aint gonna vote GOP...so however you feel they got there....they are there....

18 minutes ago, baskin said:

Someone should explain to the GOP that a generation of voters who will NEVER vote Republican has been borne

And soon you will see the complete destruction of both parties... Just keep thinking this is a partisan fight. Its not. 

This is about tyrants trying to use kids to hold onto power for a bit longer.  But it's futile. They already lost...

You will see soon. 

1 minute ago, baskin said:

What is your career?

Hey its Baskin............

I'm a Registered Nurse........................almost 40 years.

I am the manager of a Senior Center and I'm on lunch break

Now back to the thread

The Left's BS tactic is beyond played out. Cheer these kids on while they call their political opponents murderers, then use the "don't attack the children" defense every time someone pushes back.

DZIWK0qXUAAM4Z8.jpg............The answer is ........YES

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Watch out for creosote buildup in the chimney.

I'll shoot it out with sotgun! 

* DEMOCRATS SEE GUN SAFETY AS POLITICAL WINNER:McClatchy reports that Democrats are increasingly campaigning on gun safety in races around the country, and see the weekend protests as a sign they should keep going:

Already, they’ve used the issue to raise money and recruit volunteers. They’ve been emboldened in their agenda, proposing farther-reaching legislation. In some cases, the candidates have even used the issue in early campaign ads against their opponents.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'll shoot it out with sotgun! 

* DEMOCRATS SEE GUN SAFETY AS POLITICAL WINNER:McClatchy reports that Democrats are increasingly campaigning on gun safety in races around the country, and see the weekend protests as a sign they should keep going:

Already, they’ve used the issue to raise money and recruit volunteers. They’ve been emboldened in their agenda, proposing farther-reaching legislation. In some cases, the candidates have even used the issue in early campaign ads against their opponents.

It's spelled sootgun, you idiot.

cvIgNAuD_bigger.jpg Larry O'ConnorVerified account @LarryOConnor 23h23 hours ago

You may wish to relinquish your liberty and right to self-defense to a mob led by angry, insulting, emotionally-distraught and frightened teenagers... Me? I think I'll let rationale thought and respectful debate win the day.

DZJykfdUMAAUuy3.jpg

JTcC2nXX_bigger.jpg Kurt SchlichterVerified account @KurtSchlichter 19h19 hours ag

The left wants to stop you from daring to criticize the lies their puppets are telling. Refuse to play the role they assign you. Say exactly what you think about these lying ventriloquist dummies. Then laugh at the fake outrage.?

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hey its Baskin............

I'm a Registered Nurse........................almost 40 years.

I am the manager of a Senior Center and I'm on lunch break

manager of a senior center...well evidently they don't need a lot of care....how long are your breaks?

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And soon you will see the complete destruction of both parties... Just keep thinking this is a partisan fight. Its not. 

This is about tyrants trying to use kids to hold onto power for a bit longer.  But it's futile. They already lost...

You will see soon. 

I am tending to think its about a bunch of evidently smart motivated young adults who saw their friends get needlessly slaughtered and they are doing something about it....

but keep the conspiracy fires burning bro....I am sure Ellen DeGeneres is in on this somehow...!

Edited by baskin
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, baskin said:

manager of a senior center...well evidently they don't need a lot of care....how long are your breaks?

I am tending to think its about a bunch of evidently smart motivated young adults who saw their friends get needlessly slaughtered and they are doing something about it....

but keep the conspiracy fires burning bro....I am sure Ellen DeGeneres is in on this somehow...!

That's because you have absolutely no idea what is involved in organizing national level protests of this magnitude.

This was an existing apparatus put in place, waiting for tragedy in order to use the victims as a temporary front for their politics.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Best I can do on the road ... That's obviously Hogg with VJ and its her Twitter saying it was great to "meet" Hogg who "planned" the March. 

I was going to read it for the old man but thanks for saving me from having to do it.

• Like (+1) 1