Sky Diver

QB Brogan Roback

Thanks for sharing.   He does look like a good UDFA prospect.  

I'm for bringing in as many UDFA QB's as we can.  My QB strategy: Vet in FA; draft a QB--hopefully a guy in the 1st that you have pegged there, fill out other holes in draft and FA.   And pickup 1-3 UDFA QB's.  There look like a lot more UDFA QB prospects this year than before, IMO.  

Unfortunate having a name like Brogan Roback means he won’t be successful. And please, nobody question me on this it’s science.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Unfortunate having a name like Brogan Roback means he won’t be successful. And please, nobody question me on this it’s science.

What if he played under the name Roback Brogan would that work ?

• Haha 1

What about Bro Ro?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These Madden-generated rookie names get more unrealistic every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I've adopted this scouting technique as well.  When the name just doesn't have a ring to it...avoid the player at all costs. When in doubt, don't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I've adopted this scouting technique as well.  When the name just doesn't have a ring to it...avoid the player at all costs. When in doubt, don't.

I suppose you could say that about Jeff Tuel :(

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Thanks for sharing.   He does look like a good UDFA prospect.  

I'm for bringing in as many UDFA QB's as we can.  My QB strategy: Vet in FA; draft a QB--hopefully a guy in the 1st that you have pegged there, fill out other holes in draft and FA.   And pickup 1-3 UDFA QB's.  There look like a lot more UDFA QB prospects this year than before, IMO.  

So...4-6 QBs in camp?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So...4-6 QBs in camp?

Makes sense.  I ve seen numerous posts  that we should be drafting up to 2 QBs each year until we hit the jackpot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

He did have a 5 pick game, so he is at least at Peterman's level.

Yes. Yes he did.

"Eastern Michigan redshirt senior QB Brogan Roback completed 23-of-39 passes for 204 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions in Wednesday's 42-30 loss to Central Michigan."

Edited by RememberTheRockpile

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So...4-6 QBs in camp?

^^^ This.  Maybe...they would bring 4 QB's to mini-camp, but it's a long shot for them to bring more than 3 to training camp.  Just not enough snaps to go around.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Agree completely. It’s why Steve Grogan of the Pats*** had to change his name to Steve in the first place back in the day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

What if he played under the name Roback Brogan would that work ?

or rogan broback............mountain

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

^^^ This.  Maybe...they would bring 4 QB's to mini-camp, but it's a long shot for them to bring more than 3 to training camp.  Just not enough snaps to go around.

Unless times have changed (and that is possible) 4 training camp QBs is the norm and 3 is the exception.  Rex Ryan went with 3 when he had a couple young guys and he was trying to give EJ Manuel lots of reps.  It is more typical to have three with a reasonable chance of sticking with the team and one camp arm. The 4 QBs are seen as a way to avoid your expected top two QBs from getting overly fatigued with all the passes needed to let all your WRs comfortable with their routes.  Brogan would be a camp arm type.

11 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

He did have a 5 pick game, so he is at least at Peterman's level.

He can replace him on scout team to throw balls to DB and they can save money.

Why is no one talking about HOU QB Kyle Allen? -IMO, he's better that Josh!... Quinton Flowers?... Danny Etling?.... Anyone?... -Anybody at all?