Eagles Use Fake Walk Through Before SB

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-player-says-team-ran-fake-walkthrough-to-throw-off-patriots/ar-BBITwC6?li=BBnb7Kz

“I believe our whole walk-through was just a complete fake walk-through,” Lovato told “The Ron and JP Show“. “We did it at the stadium. There were certain people walking around. . . . I believe I overheard someone say a lot of the plays we were running weren’t even in the playbook for the Super Bowl.”

• Like (+1) 4

Smart move by the Eagles. 

I was really impressed with the way Pederson handled everything in that SB. His coaching and play calling, the play selection, the aggressiveness. He knew exactly how he had to play the Pats to get a win and he had his team ready to execute that plan. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's funny.  When fans talk about the Patriots cheating, they are often dismissed as conspiracy theorists.

But here is yet another example of an ACTUAL NFL TEAM taking special precautions against them breaking the rules.

Don't forget it was an ex-Patriots coach that brought this whole Spygate thing to the NFL in the first place.  It was the Colts who gave the refs a heads-up on Deflategate.  Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Brian Dawkins have both publicly questioned if they were cheated out of Super Bowl rings.  Not to mention the numerous players like Ray Lewis and our own Jerry Hughes have made comments about the refs being in their pocket.

• Like (+1) 11

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fun fact; all the Patriots ' losses came to NFC East teams, just like the Bills.

I think that is partially why I get along with Eagles fans.

Philly fans yesterday: "DALLAS! SUCKS!"

Me: "I can get behind that."

Philly fans: "F**K TOM BRADY!"

Me *shouting now*: "F**K TOM BRADY!"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fun fact; all the Patriots ' losses came to NFC East teams, just like the Bills.

But not all Super Bowl matchups against NFC East teams resulted in losses, though.  They did beat Philly once.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's funny.  When fans talk about the Patriots cheating, they are often dismissed as conspiracy theorists.

But here is yet another example of an ACTUAL NFL TEAM taking special precautions against them breaking the rules.

Don't forget it was an ex-Patriots coach that brought this whole Spygate thing to the NFL in the first place.  It was the Colts who gave the refs a heads-up on Deflategate.  Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Brian Dawkins have both publicly questioned if they were cheated out of Super Bowl rings.  Not to mention the numerous players like Ray Lewis and our own Jerry Hughes have made comments about the refs being in their pocket.

You can add Orlando Pace to the list of Rams HOF players "still salty after all these years"

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I was really impressed with the way Pederson handled everything in that SB. His coaching and play calling, the play selection, the aggressiveness. He knew exactly how he had to play the Pats to get a win and he had his team ready to execute that plan. 

Pederson almost acted like he'd been there before and he knew what it takes

Oh, wait

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's just a figment of all our imaginations.  They never cheated.  I know this because I've been told many times.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure it was in the "do your job" documentary last year the one of the Patriots staff watched the falcons warm-ups before the superbowl last year. The Patriots actually used the falcons warm up routine and what they were doing in warm ups against them during the game. I can't remember exactly what they did, but it's in the documentary. So I coukd totally see why if the eagles were doing these kind of things, the Patriots had no defense against them

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Jim McMahon & Brett Farve disagree with this fun fact.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

His plan was to surrender over 500 yards in that air and have Foles get in a shootout with Brady?

Anyway, this is what the players says in that story:

We already had our game plan set all week for the last two weeks,” Lovato said. “We had two weeks to prepare for that game. A measly walk-through the day before the game, we weren’t going to show anything to anyone, especially being at the stadium.”

Does anybody believe that any team has ever "walked through" their actual playlist in the SB stadium, which is an unsecureable space?  Isn't this what every team does?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His plan was to surrender over 500 yards in that air and have Foles get in a shootout with Brady?

Not quite but I do think Pederson had a "must score every time we possess the ball" mentality.  And all but 1 time they did.  It takes that to beat New England in my mind.  Doesn't mean you will score on every drive but you have to have that mentality that you are going to take risks on offense and try and score.  I know the Giants beat them twice by "keeping Brady off the field and play stifling defense" but the number of teams I have seen try that and succeed in big games over the years is miniscule.  You have to attack New England's weak spot which is their defense.  

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not quite but I do think Pederson had a "must score every time we possess the ball" mentality.  And all but 1 time they did.  It takes that to beat New England in my mind.  Doesn't mean you will score on every drive but you have to have that mentality that you are going to take risks on offense and try and score.  I know the Giants beat them twice by "keeping Brady off the field and play stifling defense" but the number of teams I have seen try that and succeed in big games over the years is miniscule.  You have to attack New England's weak spot which is their defense.  

It is interesting that the first and last games of the 2017 season looked a lot alike on that side of the ball.  Aggressive offense beat a mediocre Pats* defense.  I enjoyed it, but I would be shocked if Belli doesn't make some adjustments to the roster for next season.  I would anticipate several defensive draft picks and a sixth round G who becomes an All Pro tackle by the end of the 2018 :)  

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

We already had our game plan set all week for the last two weeks,” Lovato said. “We had two weeks to prepare for that game. A measly walk-through the day before the game, we weren’t going to show anything to anyone, especially being at the stadium.”

Does anybody believe that any team has ever "walked through" their actual playlist in the SB stadium, which is an unsecureable space?  Isn't this what every team does?

Apparently the Falcons walked through their actual playbook and, surprise, NE knew exactly which plays would be called in the clutch.  I would assume same for Seattle.  No question BB knew that final play would come in before it was even called.

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I should have been more clear. I meant the offensive game plan & play calling - just the way he attacked them on offense and how aggressive he was. 

I would guess that Schwartz probably had more to do with putting the game plan together on defense.