5 Bold Predictions For The Bills Offseason

corta765

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Josh McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign JoshMcCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

:sick:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Josh McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign JoshMcCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

I don't think that not drafting a QB this spring is a bold prediction.  I think that quite a number of us here expect it to happen.

1- Buffalo signs Star Lotulelei to a modest deal. (expect him to take a little less money to be able to play for McD.) 

2- TT gets traded (potentially with a package with Glenn) to a surprise team (think Cin, Jax, Cle, etc) 

3- One of the top 4 QB's falls to #21 and the bills select him. 

4- Bills draft Harrison Phillips at 22.
5- Bills make a splash in FA by signing a cap causality like Robert Quinn, Mark Barron, Demarius Thomas, or the like. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1- Buffalo signs Star Lotulelei to a modest deal. (expect him to take a little less money to be able to play for McD.) 

2- TT gets traded (potentially with a package with Glenn) to a surprise team (think Cin, Jax, Cle, etc) 

3- One of the top 4 QB's falls to #21 and the bills select him. 

4- Bills draft Harrison Phillips at 22.
5- Bills make a splash in FA by signing a cap causality like Robert Quinn, Mark Barron, Demarius Thomas, or the like. 

This would be a great offseason!! It’s a little utopian but good nonetheless. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I hope your not psychic OP.

This would be terrible.

Too many psychic spies ruining peoples minds around here.

I just put on two tinfoil hats when I can't stop the voices ;) 

You can never have too much protection ;) 

2 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I just dont see it....i think the bills are gonna be very aggressive at the qb position

My bold prediction....Zay Jones is gonna turn it around next year and make us happy we drafted him.

I hope you’re right, John...because not being aggressive with the QB position is following in Doug Whaley’s footsteps

Considering Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum, Cousins are UFAs.  McCarron might be - and at the very least will be a RFA and subjected to an offer sheet.  Bears save a ton cutting Glennon too so he's probably available.  Foles might be available for trade.  There's a decent chance Miami cuts Tannehill.  Not to mention... Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph, Jackson are in the draft.  

McCown has legit never played a 16 game slate and he's 39.  Why not bring back Fitz, or Blaine Gabbert?  

I'm ok with McCown, but only if you're very much planning on getting a QB in the draft.  I think signing McCown also very much lays out your intention to draft someone.

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, SaviorPeterman at least will be happy.

You're one of the best posters here, imo, so this is plausible, I suppose, but it won't please me if that is what happens at qb.  Clay and Wallace predictions make sense, but I would rather keep Clay, unless we draft Mark Andrews.  It is better than another year of Tyrod . . . 

:huh:

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This would be a great offseason!! It’s a little utopian but good nonetheless. 

You really are one of the best posters....so I'll go with this!

Edited by horned dogs
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Disagree with all, except #3 (cutting Clay) and even that I don't totally agree with.

I will be STUNNED if we do not draft a top QB prospect who is expected to become our next franchise QB.

If we don't, I'll officially start the "Fire McD and Beane" crusade.

I would love to have McCown, but only starting until another quarterback is ready.  McCown's injury history makes it imperative that we have someone beyond Peterman competing for the "franchise" label.  That's not to say Peterman may not develop but that's a risk I'd rather not take.  We need to draft a quarterback.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills s add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

1--Bills will draft a QB, might not be one of the top 3 guys.

2--Definitely will bring in a Vet QB, maybe one of the Minn QB's. Tyrod will be traded to Browns or Cardinals.

3--Clay will stay cap friendly.

4--Yes, Bills will sign RA wide receiver. I don't know who.

5--Well we often seem to get a primetime game against the sticking Jets so we'll probably get stuck with them again.

Edited by 1st&ten