5 Bold Predictions For The Bills Offseason

corta765

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Josh McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign JoshMcCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

Edited by corta765

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Here are five bold predictions I have for the Bills offseason. Agree with them, rip them apart, or make your own!

1. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in the upcoming draft. The team instead strengthens the defensive front 7 drafting a DT and LB with their first two picks due to the fact the cost to move up for one of the top QBs is too steep.

2. Instead Luke McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign Luke McCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

3. Charles Clay is cut despite having his best season yet as a Bill. Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas development allows the Bills to shed salary on Clay whose numbers never were enough to justify his contract.

4. WR Mike Wallace is signed to strengthen the WR corp and the Bills list Zay Jones fourth on the depth chart behind him and Deonte Thompson. Instead of the draft the Bills add a proven capable vet to take the 2nd WR spot who has speed. Despite the stories of Zay Jones rebounding, Deonte Thompson still out performs him early on in the spring practices to hold the 3rd WR spot.

5. The Bills are not only gifted a MNF game at home against the Jags but return to SNF for the first time in years to face the Indianapolis Colts who are coached by Frank Reich. The Bills finally make their return to SNF against Indy who hires former Buffalo Bill Frank Reich as coach to revive the Colts and Lucks career. (BUF wins on a last second 49 yard FG 22-20 that just stays inside the right upright :) )

Well these are def bold predictions. Luke McCown lmao??

Edited by Do The Reich Thing

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

2. Instead Luke McCown is signed and the QB competition is between him and Peterman. The Bills seem very invested in Peterman and sign Luke McCown as a stable force for the QB spot so if Peterman can't cut it they have a capable starter.

Well, SaviorPeterman at least will be happy.

You're one of the best posters here, imo, so this is plausible, I suppose, but it won't please me if that is what happens at qb.  Clay and Wallace predictions make sense, but I would rather keep Clay, unless we draft Mark Andrews.  It is better than another year of Tyrod . . . 

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I skimmed this list - hit #  3 and realized you hadn't put any thought into your list and stopped reading altogether. The Bills get no cap relief from cutting Clay, as has been stated in multiple thread on this board ad nauseum. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I skimmed this list - hit #  3 and realized you hadn't put any thought into your list and stopped reading altogether. The Bills get no cap relief from cutting Clay, as has been stated in multiple thread on this board ad nauseum. 

Oops.  I personally have very little awareness of that sort of thing.  I guess I missed those threads ad nauseum.  

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I just dont see it....i think the bills are gonna be very aggressive at the qb position

My bold prediction....Zay Jones is gonna turn it around next year and make us happy we drafted him.

I hope I am wrong because I really would like a new QB through the draft. But from what I have read and how the team has acted they don't strike me as the type of bunch that would trade to move up which I think they have to do for one of the QBs and I think they want a ferocious defense that can limit an opponent to under 20. They flat out said if the offense scores 24 pts they should win every week with their defense.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Oops.  I personally have very little awareness of that sort of thing.  I guess I missed those threads ad nauseum.  

Same here. I still think even without cap relief Thomas/O'Leary still give equal benefit and they can use the roster spot elsewhere

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Same here. I still think even without cap relief Thomas/O'Leary still give equal benefit and they can use the roster spot elsewhere

Then you would be wrong and would be getting rid of a vastly better player than Thomas or O'Leary while sticking us with a huge dead cap hit for no reason.  

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I hope I am wrong because I really would like a new QB through the draft. But from what I have read and how the team has acted they don't strike me as the type of bunch that would trade to move up which I think they have to do for one of the QBs and I think they want a ferocious defense that can limit an opponent to under 20. They flat out said if the offense scores 24 pts they should win every week with their defense.

You might be correct on this.....or they might take a QB with one of those 2 1st round picks.

I wouldnt consider that a non aggressive move especially given the other needs of the team.....taking a guy like Lamar Jackson

1. Bills stay put in draft and draft 2 DT's in round 1 Hurst & Vea, ILB Josey Jewell and Mike White in 2nd round, Bradley Boseman C in 3rd round

2. Bills release Taylor and sign Bradford as bridge QB as Petermen and White compete for starter.

3. Bills play Jags on MNF and play at Baltimore on Thursday night football.

4. Bills resign Sammy Watkins WR, why not at discount.

5. Bills bandwagon grows as football experts predict Bills overtake Patriots in AFC EAST.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 2

I think they will address the qb in the draft whether that means trade up, stay put, or later rounds. I don't see them cutting clay because we would save nothing on the cap to do so.

I wouldn't hate the signing of Wallace if it was for like 3-4 mill per year

22 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

1. Bills stay put in draft and draft 2 DT's in round 1 Hurst & Vea, ILB Josey Jewell and Mike White in 2nd round, Bradley Boseman C in 3rd round

2. Bills release Taylor and sign Bradford as bridge QB as Petermen and White compete for starter.

3. Bills play Jags on MNF and play at Baltimore on Thursday night football.

4. Bills resign Sammy Watkins WR, why not at discount.

5. Bills bandwagon grows as football experts predict Bills overtake Patriots in AFC EAST.

Fingers crossed for this to happen.  Also excited to see what other free agents there are.  Read that Rams are going to be cutting Robert Quinn and Mark Barron as cap casualties.   I would hope we go after and get one or both of them!

1.  I would love this draft.  It depends what is available in the 1st when they pick to get BOTH DT but would make a weakness a strength like they did with the DBs last year.  Jewell is a mad man and I want him here bad, Bozeman will know our OC, and what he is looking for. 

2.  Eh on Bradford, but if he is cheap and healthy I'm down.

3.  Are they home or away?

4.  How great would this make us look to the rest of the league if he comes back because he wants to!

5.  I would rather the Bills be an underdog all year, and as long as Brady is there they are the favorite.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Fingers crossed for this to happen.  Also excited to see what other free agents there are.  Read that Rams are going to be cutting Robert Quinn and Mark Barron as cap casualties.   I would hope we go after and get one or both of them!

1.  I would love this draft.  It depends what is available in the 1st when they pick to get BOTH DT but would make a weakness a strength like they did with the DBs last year.  Jewell is a mad man and I want him here bad, Bozeman will know our OC, and what he is looking for. 

2.  Eh on Bradford, but if he is cheap and healthy I'm down.

3.  Are they home or away?

4.  How great would this make us look to the rest of the league if he comes back because he wants to!

5.  I would rather the Bills be an underdog all year, and as long as Brady is there they are the favorite.  

Jags at home, Baltimore on the Road.