Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

As a person, I have great respect for Tyrod. He has given a lot to the Bills team and has been all class. No drama and all effort plus willing to take a pay cut. Whenever he leaves the Bills, I will wish him well. 

With that being said, we should be looking to upgrade if possible. My problem with Tyrod is if McD is looking for a pocket QB, he is not the type of QB you would want teaching the young guy how to read the field. I also don't think he should take a pay cut. He is a proven player at a position of need in the league. If he's not on the Bills, he'll be playing somewhere. 

IF, McD is looking for a Pocket QB, he should also be looking for other players that fit that scheme.  So the NEW QB will be able to step into the new offense. NOT build an offense that would help hide all of Taylor's short comings (again).

We will need a bridge Pocket QB that will be a fit for our offensive scheme that we will use going forward.

While Taylor played the role of the good soldier a year ago, it certainly isn’t something he’ll entertain again.

“Definitely not part of my mindset,” Taylor added. “I’ve done that before. I don’t think there’s a need to do that again. That’s definitely not part of my mindset.”

“I really haven’t had any communications as to what’s the plan moving forward. I’m sure that it’ll be communicated to me at some point, but as of right now, I’m going to continue to focus on myself mentally, physically, and get ready for another season.”

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

While Taylor played the role of the good soldier a year ago, it certainly isn’t something he’ll entertain again.

“Definitely not part of my mindset,” Taylor added. “I’ve done that before. I don’t think there’s a need to do that again. That’s definitely not part of my mindset.”

“I really haven’t had any communications as to what’s the plan moving forward. I’m sure that it’ll be communicated to me at some point, but as of right now, I’m going to continue to focus on myself mentally, physically, and get ready for another season.”

Hidden message. Fly Eagles Fly 

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And rightfully so. He made that mistake last year on locker room clean out day and it really killed any leverage he had in the off-season.

We will all have a pretty definitive answer here in a month and a half, but talk about some douche-baggery in this thread.

As I get through these pages and read more and more of the vitriol, I realize there are several posters who are the types of people you don't even cross the street to piss on if their heads are on fire.

Yah no... that's definitely not why Kaep's out of the league :doh: 

It really is a HUGE reason why Kaep is out of the league. 

When you have to design a completely different offense for your BU that is a problem 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It really is a HUGE reason why Kaep is out of the league. 

When you have to design a completely different offense for your BU that is a problem 

I’ve said that dozens of times. 

(going back to DM and EJ. He ran a fast paced offense with EJ and when EJ got hurt he went to a conventional o with the backup - twice) 

Their devotion doesn’t allow them to think otherwise.  

If SM makes the same mistake as DM then I’ll start to worry about his coaching.   

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

I'm in oil and gas. 

We all took pay cuts 2 years ago to prevent even more people from being laid off company wide.

We got our pay back about 10 months later, but lost paycuts, 401k match and other benefits. 

Sometimes you do it because you have no choice for the good of the organization.

8 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Is this a joke?

He showed up?

When did this happen?

When was he good in 2017?

Every game we won it was the D not Tyrod.

Deny it all you want, Tyrod did NOT led this team to the playoffs.

Our D led our team to the playoffs with some big help from Cinci,  if it wasnt for Cinci we would have not got that wild card. 

Tyrod was benched for a reason this season, because he stunk and stunk bad.

Periods of the season he stunk bad. 

For sure. 

But repeat after me:  he led the team, and when we broke the streak, he was our starter. 

He did enough to get it done and get the monkey off our back. 

• Like (+1) 1

"The naysayers are always going to be out there and I'll continue to prove them wrong." 

He proved getting even one TD in a game is too much to ask for, he proved every season that a OC that makes a Taylor made system will not last more then a season. He also proved he has zero trade value and the only team stupid enough to pay that big of a contract to him is the one he is on. He has also proven to easily blame others for his not good enough. He has also proven when the team needs him to step up he fails by sitting on the bench with a towel on his head. IMO

12 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Periods of the season he stunk bad. 

For sure. 

But repeat after me:  he led the team, and when we broke the streak, he was our starter. 

He was benched for a reason, a big reason.

Repeat after me...

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Tyrod was carried to a wild card by the D ,McCoy and Cinci. Tyrod failed over and over again because he is not good enough.

Can you imagine how good this team would have been with even a slightest better QB?

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Then he didn’t do anything when the games matter and got choked out by Blake Bortles.  

Cut him.    

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Show those haters what’s up with another 14 td output ? ??

Just go away 

• Haha (+1) 1

Cousins and Keenum are two guys that are going to be paid over there ability.  Both I would say are better Qbs than Taylor.  Besides them who comes in that is significantly better than Taylor?  Bortles, but doubt he leaves Jacksonville.  Bradford but is risky due to injury but could be had for similar money as Taylor.  Besides the names that are listed who is a better starting Qb for average money? The remaining crop are career back ups and no assurance that they are actually better starting Qbs.  If Buffalo does not get Bradford or Keenum there is a strong possibility Taylor is on the roster longer than many think.   I would rather have Taylor battling a rookie to start than Peterman any day.  Taylor has shown flashes of brilliance but those performances are too far and too few between.  As a bridge Qb you can do much worst and barring some crazy trade for a Qb I expect Mcdermott doing the devil you know is better than the devil you dont.  It wont be the popular decision to make, but that also does not mean it was not the correct one.   

14 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

I'm in oil and gas. 

We all took pay cuts 2 years ago to prevent even more people from being laid off company wide.

We got our pay back about 10 months later, but lost paycuts, 401k match and other benefits. 

Sometimes you do it because you have no choice for the good of the organization.

That’s fair but it’s a little apples and oranges. The average NFL career is like 3 seasons. You can’t sacrifice seasons for the good of your organization because you never know when your career will end. Aaron Williams just showed us that. 

He’s done that twice for the organization. He took less to sign with the Bills and then took a pay cut 2 years later. Tyrod has been a good employee. He won’t (and shouldn’t) do it for a 3rd time. It is in his best interest and the Bills best interest to separate this offseason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Cousins and Keenum are two guys that are going to be paid over there ability.  Both I would say are better Qbs than Taylor.  Besides them who comes in that is significantly better than Taylor?  Bortles, but doubt he leaves Jacksonville.  Bradford but is risky due to injury but could be had for similar money as Taylor.  Besides the names that are listed who is a better starting Qb for average money? The remaining crop are career back ups and no assurance that they are actually better starting Qbs.  If Buffalo does not get Bradford or Keenum there is a strong possibility Taylor is on the roster longer than many think.   I would rather have Taylor battling a rookie to start than Peterman any day.  Taylor has shown flashes of brilliance but those performances are too far and too few between.  As a bridge Qb you can do much worst and barring some crazy trade for a Qb I expect Mcdermott doing the devil you know is better than the devil you dont.  It wont be the popular decision to make, but that also does not mean it was not the correct one.   

Big difference "Taylor made system".

IMO If a HC wants to dedicate a entire special system to one QB not good enough while teaching other QBs a different system it will in the end fail the exact same way in finding a franchise worthy QB. You need all QBs on the same system, it is why other teams value him lower and is why NE continues to be able to trade there backup QBs for more then what Tyrod is worth.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fair but it’s a little apples and oranges. The average NFL career is like 3 seasons. You can’t sacrifice seasons for the good of your organization because you never know when your career will end. Aaron Williams just showed us that. 

He’s done that twice for the organization. He took less to sign with the Bills and then took a pay cut 2 years later. Tyrod has been a good employee. He won’t (and shouldn’t) do it for a 3rd time. It is in his best interest and the Bills best interest to separate this offseason. 

Tyrod's career has been well above the NFL average so that doesn't really apply either.  This isn't his first payday.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

Really? I have had to accept pay cuts in past but immediately started looking for work,  Pay cuts happen in real life due to a number of factors including management screwups, changes due to customers (primary for me has been government), etc.  I do not agree he should have to take a pay cut but there is a difference in accounting method for NFL when players have "committed" to play and cannot change jobs (not really when they can sit out majority of year and still get year's credit).