Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that it is good but somewhere between Glennon ($18.5M) and Bradford ($22M) in terms of guaranteed money doesn’t seem crazy at all. $20M guaranteed likely keeps him somewhere for 2 seasons. That’s a bridge guy deal. Alex Smith was guaranteed $71M!! The market for QBs is insane.

Upside is everything.  I think Glennon as a FA last year had more upside than TT does as an FA in 2018.  I doubt he beats $18.5M.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

"The naysayers are always going to be out there and I'll continue to prove them wrong." 

He proved getting even one TD in a game is too much to ask for, he proved every season that a OC that makes a Taylor made system will not last more then a season. He also proved he has zero trade value and the only team stupid enough to pay that big of a contract to him is the one he is on. He has also proven to easily blame others for his not good enough. He has also proven when the team needs him to step up he fails by sitting on the bench with a towel on his head. IMO

He was benched for a reason, a big reason.

Repeat after me...

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Tyrod was carried to a wild card by the D ,McCoy and Cinci. Tyrod failed over and over again because he is not good enough.

Can you imagine how good this team would have been with even a slightest better QB?

Can you imagine how bad this team would have been with Nate Peterman at the helm?  Or someone just a bit worse?

You are missing the point. 

He was good enough to get the monkey off our back. He helped to get us to the playoffs - no matter what metric you use. And he’s the first QB to Do so in 17 years. He was humble and is a great teammate. 

I agree he’s not ‘good enough’ to be a franchise QB - and very few are ‘good enough’ to hold this moniker. 

I’m all for getting someone better. 

But don’t forget who took us to the Promised Land and got the monkey off our back. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Or he says yes I will play a that $$$ but my agent (too bad the agent best at screwing the Bills is in hell, maybe he can get a day pass) says I should hold out until mid season unless you give me a raise or trade me. It is not a true commitment. 

I don't understand where you're going with this. He isn't going to hold out at his current contract, and he isn't going to be under contract if said contract is revoked. There's literally no situation that would end in a hold out here.

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Did you really? Wow. I had a hard time getting myself cranked up to watch the games.

I'm jealous of you in a way. I don't think winning is fun. I didn't have fun nine times this year and seven times the year before and eight times the year before that. Only two teams in NFL history have gone without wins. Winning isn't much, IMHO.

Really, nothing less than competing for a championship would do anything more than give me minor fun. I saw this team get to the Super Bowl four consecutive times. And lose. Watching a very mediocre team go 9-7 did very very little for me this year.

Whoa... holy crap I feel so sorry for you after reading this!

Why the hell do you bother watching sports at all?

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think he ends up waiting until after the draft and signs with the team that drafts Jackson.

Am I crazy to think he'd be a good backup to Darnold too? Lots of RPOs, throwing on the run. I think they could run a similar NFL offense. Wouldn't surprise me if Tyrod ends up starting for some team that drafted a QB high and wants them to sit.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Half dozen, huh?

up to 67... and that seems to still be growing. :flirt: 

261 opposing. 

have a ways to go. :flirt:

edit: since I posted this it has remained 67 for and up 3 votes to 264 oppose. little stunt in your growing there.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

23-20, not 22-20. Someone has to alert the official stat keepers about this. Cassell was NOT the starter that game and should not get the win. Play one was a freaking trick play, for chrissake.

Edited by dave mcbride
Typo

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

23-20, not 22-20. Someone has to alert the official stat keepers about this. Cassell was NOT the starter that game and should not get the win. Play one was a freaking trick play, for chrissake.

Yup. And not a good one either. That should be an asterisk situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It should be like baseball...if a QB leaves the game when it’s tied, it’s a no decision...whatever QB is in the game when the teams takes the lead or loses the lead should get the decision imo.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Am I crazy to think he'd be a good backup to Darnold too? Lots of RPOs, throwing on the run. I think they could run a similar NFL offense. Wouldn't surprise me if Tyrod ends up starting for some team that drafted a QB high and wants them to sit.

No not crazy just depends on really how the offense will be built for Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

He 100% started that game. I'm sorry.

No he didn't. Taylor did. They simply ran a trick play at the outset with Taylor out wide. It was designed to fool the Colts' defense who knew Taylor was the starter. Cassell didn't play another down. It wasn't even as if Taylor was on the sideline for that play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

No he didn't. Taylor did. They simply ran a trick play at the outset with Taylor out wide. It was designed to fool the Colts' defense who knew Taylor was the starter. Cassell didn't play another down. It wasn't even as if Taylor was on the sideline for that play.

That kind of technicality, and letter of the law versus spirit of the law stance is obnoxious as hell. 

Meaning I agree with you 100%.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ahhhh a team stat used again

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Who started that game as a QB??!