LeSean on the Wall?

YoloinOhio

Do you think LeSean McCoy should someday be on the Bills Wall of Fame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Shady on the Wall?

2 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Butch Byrd folks look him up and tell me why he isnt

And yet Booker and Robert James are up there. 

I would suggest Cornelius Bennett and Ruben Brown before anyone from 2000 and up.  Yeah I could see Kyle Williams, maybe FJ

For a club that hasn't done anything in 17 years, fans think there are a lot of guys to go up on the wall

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with this with the Wall. It doesn’t need to be credible with anyone outside the organization or the fan base imo. 

Well then its settled.

Let's go find the most liked Bills players and get them on the wall.

Mike Jasper is my vote, I like that guy, he was awesome, he tried so hard, I don't care what kind of career he had.

Kyle Orton, That gun slinging whiskey drinking SOB, He was awesome, put him up.

Sam Adams, on the wall!

Takeo Spikes On the wall!

London Fletcher on the wall!

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Well then its settled.

Mike Jasper is my vote, I like that guy, he was awesome, he tried so hard, I don't care what kind of career he had.

Sam Adams, on the wall!

That is a great list.  Loved all of those guys.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:
1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why is Phil Hansen on the Wall then? Or Jim Richter? Neither was ever one of the best players at their position. I played in as many Pro Bowls as Hansen. It’s a combination of longevity and impact. McCoy is light on longevity but way ahead of some WOF players in terms of impact.

I have no idea why they are, don't ask me that. I don't think they should be.

McCoy may end up in the HOF because of his career, but with the Bills, I don't wan't him on the wall, yet.

Contrary to many people  Hansen (11 seasons) and Richter (14 seasons) were unsung heroes.  

They may not of grabbed a lot of headlines but they contributed to the success of the team. 

26 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

No one goes up until Kyle Orton gets his due respect.

then the wall will remain as it is 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He forgot Garrison Sanborn, obviously 

His inclusion goes without saying.  I'll give the Bills until 2025 to put him up there.  If not, then I am done with this team.

Yes. Assuming he tags on 2 more equivalent seasons. He has been, and still is, our entire offense. And even if we bring in a new QB, he'll still need to rely on Shady.

He's a big star in the league and reps the Bills well. He will deserve to be up on the wall when it's all said and done.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he retires with over 5000 rushing yards here absolutely...

He just ran us to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

He will be a Eagle/Bill in the HoF so why can't he be on our WoF

Because currently the majority of his career and success was spent in Philly, and He is still known for his days as an Eagle.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Because currently the majority of his career and success was spent in Philly, and He is still known for his days as an Eagle.

If he plays 2 more years here... he would have spent 5 years here and 6 in Philly...

not too mention getting 10k here and probably 12 k...

he is on the right track ... he is a Bill now, not an Eagle

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I have no idea why they are, don't ask me that. I don't think they should be.

McCoy may end up in the HOF because of his career, but with the Bills, I don't wan't him on the wall, yet.

The precedent is set though. Those guys are already up there so it is fair to ask “why not Shady if Richter?” The WOF criteria is not cleary defined but I can EASILY make the argument that Shady has already been more important to the franchise than those guys. 

2 hours ago, Original Byrd Man said:

I have no clue either.  He changed the way the position was played.  Dynamic playmaker/returner.

For the past ten years i’ve Been banging his name and especially on here with deaf ears. The young fan base only goes back to the jim Kelly years

1 hour ago, MarkyMannn said:

And yet Booker and Robert James are up there. 

I would suggest Cornelius Bennett and Ruben Brown before anyone from 2000 and up.  Yeah I could see Kyle Williams, maybe FJ

For a club that hasn't done anything in 17 years, fans think there are a lot of guys to go up on the wall

Bob James was the best, booker wasn’t in butch’s league, politics for booker in my opinion

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Contrary to many people  Hansen (11 seasons) and Richter (14 seasons) were unsung heroes.  

They may not of grabbed a lot of headlines but they contributed to the success of the team. 

then the wall will remain as it is 

Unsung heroes don’t go on the WOF!! They were both “solid” NFL players. Those guys don’t deserve to be immortalized. You have to do extraordinary things to earn that honor. Being a quality player on a good team isn’t criteria to be honored forever.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

they were playing against David Fales.  if they didn't win they would HAVE CONTINUED TO be the laughing stock of the league if all eyes were on that game

Fixed that for you. The Bills historically choked in those games, they did not this time. 

47 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t see he’s even surpassed fjax’s wall worthiness and I don’t think Fred should be there btw. 

He’s not yet even passed cj spiller on Bills all time rushing list. 

Spiller has 21 more yards rushing right now. McCoy has more total offensive yardage and TDs than Spiller. 

30 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Well then its settled.

Sam Adams, on the wall!

Most-liked is a factor.

Longevity is another (Orton 2014; Adams 2003-2005; Spikes 2003-2006; Fletcher 2002-2006).

So is performance.

I don't think anyone is arguing McCoy goes on the Wall if his career ended today. But a reasonable projection over 2-3 more years and he very well could be.  

• Like (+1) 1