The one thing I am afraid of in the draft...

Big Turk

Your nightmare is my fantasy.  If Buffalo walks away from the draft with Allen, Rosen, or Darnold I will be delighted.  Also, if Buffalo felt that strongly for Mayfiled or Jackson I would be fine with it as well.  Buffalo has not been poor enough to be in position to draft a franchise Qb in my life time.  The only time they were close was when Newton went 1.  By making the moves they made during training camp and the season Buffalo has a surplus of picks.  If they used 3 or 4 picks to get into the top 5 to get a franchise Qb I am all aboard that bandwagon I may even be driving it.  After getting the Qb they still should have a second to add an athletic linebacker, lineman, or pass catcher.  With the rest of the draft go BPA.  By not spending all the cap space this year on 1 player they will be able to sure up the holes in the starting line up.  Now they dont have to be starters but also doesn't leave the position  bare for a rookie to start regardless of readiness.  I think Zay is a prime example of forcing a rookie to play before he was 100% ready to.  

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Haha I can't stop thinking of this with the question:

Corta, there has always been such a soft spot in my heart for this movie.  If it is on, I will watch it.  For a while I believe it was required viewing on TBS as they seemingly aired it 4 days a week.

I gave it as one of the gifts to a buddy in my wedding party.

it is not great.

It is not necessarily well acted.

It has a story that could have been dusted off and propped up from any B movie in the 50s.

...and I do love it so.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i am considering darnold and rosen way out of reach. i wouldn't care what they did to make sure they got mayfield, but i would be hesitant to use anything more than our 2 1sts. i would not move up for allen.

I mean... is Allen that much better of a prospect than Jackson?  Both raw, both have rocket arms, both will need to sit behind someone.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I mean... is Allen that much better of a prospect than Jackson?  Both raw, both have rocket arms, both will need to sit behind someone.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that Allen (who missed games this year from a shoulder injury) is much more durable than Lamar (who has never missed a game).

I am wondering if the Bills trade up to draft a linebacker (Roquan Smith from Georgia?).

Probably does not mean much, but I thought Allen looked great at the Senior Bowl game.  Would not be upset if we used one of our first round pick on him if he was still there (which very likely he will not be).

24 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Your nightmare is my fantasy.  If Buffalo walks away from the draft with Allen, Rosen, or Darnold I will be delighted.  Also, if Buffalo felt that strongly for Mayfiled or Jackson I would be fine with it as well.  Buffalo has not been poor enough to be in position to draft a franchise Qb in my life time.  The only time they were close was when Newton went 1.  By making the moves they made during training camp and the season Buffalo has a surplus of picks.  If they used 3 or 4 picks to get into the top 5 to get a franchise Qb I am all aboard that bandwagon I may even be driving it.  After getting the Qb they still should have a second to add an athletic linebacker, lineman, or pass catcher.  With the rest of the draft go BPA.  By not spending all the cap space this year on 1 player they will be able to sure up the holes in the starting line up.  Now they dont have to be starters but also doesn't leave the position  bare for a rookie to start regardless of readiness.  I think Zay is a prime example of forcing a rookie to play before he was 100% ready to.  

I've got to disagree with that. A few years ago we could've taken Carr but they passed on him and last year they could've taken Watson or Mahomes but again passed on them. It isn't that they haven't had a chance at a franchise QB it's that they keep passing up the opportunity to draft one.

3 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

I lived in Charlotte for 10 years and they are called cricket spiders nasty little things and creepy

I believe what we saw was a "wolf spider" equally gross. While playing darts in the garage this thing came jumping across the ground. Soon to be stomped out. 

That's why I will never complain about the cold. Keeps the bugs from getting to big. 

Scarier than jumping spiders, bad QB play.

21 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I am wondering if the Bills trade up to draft a linebacker (Roquan Smith from Georgia?).

Probably does not mean much, but I thought Allen looked great at the Senior Bowl game.  Would not be upset if we used one of our first round pick on him if he was still there (which very likely he will not be).

I continue to think this is a distinct possibility too. The LBs are probably the most important part of the McD defense and Buffalo pretty much needs to overhaul that position group entirely. I could definitely see a move up for Roquon or Edmunds.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I continue to think this is a distinct possibility too. The LBs are probably the most important part of the McD defense and Buffalo pretty much needs to overhaul that position group entirely. I could definitely see a move up for Roquon or Edmunds.

So is it Case Keenum or a project, or both?

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'm worried the Bills will end up getting antsy with the QB position and then end up trading up for their 3rd or 4th choice.  They would give up both assets and not get one of their top choices which I think wpuld be an even bigger disaster than not drafting a guy at all

That would be a rerun of the Losman situation.

Would love to get a QB who has been bitten by a radioactive jumping spider. I bet he could really move around in and out of the pocket. 

Really though, I echo those who are afraid they just won't do anything. If they like the top 2-4 guys pretty close to the same, then trading up to #2-4 overall is not a waste of picks. Do it. If you're lost in a forest, then you gotta pick a direction and start walking.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

So is it Case Keenum or a project, or both?

In this hypothetical scenario, I'd assume some veteran QB + another developmental prospect (with Peterman at least in camp too). Whether it's Keenum, Bradford, a scrub like Derek Anderson, or even just keeping Tyrod, I'm not sure. But if they decide to move up for a LB, I don't think they can really afford to not have a veteran in place in case none of the top 5 QB prospects slide to #22 (hypothetically speaking, I'm assuming Buffalo only trades one of their 2018 first round picks to move up for a LB).