Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

25 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Oh Boy Denver, you just got the next Matt Cassel in Cousins.   If you really wanted to get a win now guy, Smith would have cost you half as much as Kirk, and he's twice as good. Not just stat wise, but consistency.  And you would have had $10M left over to go sign a monster free agent.   Instead you have Kirk, aka Captain Average.

I think every part of this is wrong. I didn't know Kirk Cousins was so polarizing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

tyrod will be back....until maybe draft day...when we get a something in a trade deal.

next years qbs will be foles, peterman and fill in the blank.....as per my source....mr. guts feeling.

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m think you are right.  Unless we actually get someone worse. Which is likely. Like Peterson 

who's this peterson guy?......<_<

Edited by billsredneck1

This staff benched Tyrod in the middle of a playoff run because he was playing like Tyrod has played for 3 years now.

Every Tyrod game is pretty much the same: 150-200 yards passing, a few nice runs, and maybe a TD passing. Has been the same under 3 different coordinators and 2 head coaches. He isn't changing just because Daboll showed up.

49 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Who are the Bills going to trade with Minnesota for?  All three of Minn QB are FA

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Once you get benched for Nate Peterman you go to the nearest real estate office and put your house on the market.

And yet.  That was said of Alex Smith when he was benched for Shaun Hill and then Troy Smith.  He was booed.  The crowd chanted for David Carr.

And today, seven years later, Smith has just been guaranteed $71M.  Seventy one million dollars.

That's like, ten million a year for every year in the NFL since he got booed and benched.

What a sport.  What a country!

I'm not saying this is my idea of a good time, but if Daboll thinks he can channel Jim Harbaugh, there are worse alternatives.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet.  That was said of Alex Smith when he was benched for Shaun Hill and then Troy Smith.  He was booed.  The crowd chanted for David Carr.

And today, seven years later, Smith has just been guaranteed $71M.  Seventy one million dollars.

That's like, ten million a year for every year in the NFL since he got booed and benched.

What a sport.  What a country!

I like Sam Bradford's path better. For the longest time he was averaging a million bucks per touchdown. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who are the Bills going to trade with Minnesota for?  All three of Minn QB are FA

If the Bills wanted a guy, would they work out a trade before March? I don't pay attention to the contract-type stuff too much, but sometimes teams take action before the FA period, right? They may pay a little more for a guy they want.

47 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Oh Boy Denver, you just got the next Matt Cassel in Cousins.   If you really wanted to get a win now guy, Smith would have cost you half as much as Kirk, and he's twice as good. Not just stat wise, but consistency.  And you would have had $10M left over to go sign a monster free agent.   Instead you have Kirk, aka Captain Average.

The upside is two teams ahead of us that needed qb's are now out of the qb hunt.

Cleveland, Giants, Jets will pick qb's and likely leave either Allen or Mayfield sitting there when the Raiders pick at 10 in front of the Dolphins.    

MUCH easier to trade up to that spot than it is to get into the top 3 or 4.    This is good news.  

I don't think the Giants are going to pick a QB anymore.  Browns are picking one at #1 (hopefully Allen) and then I think it's fair game on picks 2-4 for teams to trade up to get Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

23 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

pump the brakes a bit there dude....watson took the wheel for a bit then got hurt, and opponents will catch on...and mahomes already has a winning record?

Mahomes has generational talent.

Watson got hurt but showed promise. 

Tre White is a freakin CB....a good QB is more valuable than a great CB. McDermott had first round QBs fall to him and he ignorantly passed. Idiot move. 

You seem very confident about Tyrod and so do a few others. So let me ask you a hypothetical question. What kind of money would you put on Tyrod being the Bills starting QB next year if it was a bet in Vegas? 

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Mahomes has generational talent.

Watson got hurt but showed promise. 

Tre White is a freakin CB....a good QB is more valuable than a great CB. McDermott had first round QBs fall to him and he ignorantly passed. Idiot move. 

Mahommes has shown NOTHING....nothing

Tre White is already one of the best corners in the league in his rookie season.

Follow the money......QBs get paid a ton but right after them are the shut down corners.   To get Tre and a 1st round pick is a total win.

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

You seem very confident about Tyrod and so do a few others. So let me ask you a hypothetical question. What kind of money would you put on Tyrod being the Bills starting QB next year if it was a bet in Vegas? 

Boy...

and I'm the guy made fun of for making bets here.

What kind of money would you put on Tyrod not being on the Bills roster week 1 of the regular season?