Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

5 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Wow. Wonder what they got. And what value does that put on Tyrod? 

1.0000 Tyrods.

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The price of QBs goes up every year. There were people a week agon thinking Cousins might only get $22-23m then a 33 year old Alex Smith who two teams have moved on from gets that.... Cousins is going to get paid seriously big. 

None of that is an excuse not to move on from Tyrod though. 

This.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Tenn beat the Texans twice without Watson. So if the Texans win that div then Tenn probably loses at least one of those games and does not make it.

Twice without Watson?!?! Did you not see the 50 burger he put up on Tennessee? He didn't play the Titans the second time because of his knee injury

6 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Leroi was talking about this the other day. Our new QB will be a much bigger upgrade than Smith. No worries. 

Leroi s Draft board coming out next week!!  

I look forward to that if true.  Last year he seemed to be very accurate.  Do you know him outside of this forum?

30 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Twice without Watson?!?! Did you not see the 50 burger he put up on Tennessee? He didn't play the Titans the second time because of his knee injury

You are right, sorry. If they had lost the 2nd game to them they still would not have made the playoffs though.

Beane must have a plan not making a better offer to KC for Alex. Cousins must be asking too much . 

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744 

Edited by ALF
added info

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

You are right, sorry. If they had lost the 2nd game to them they still would not have made the playoffs though.

True but with how Watson was playing, I'm sure Tennessee would have been blown out at home. I do not look forward to playing Houston next year, especially if JJ Watt is healthy 

51 minutes ago, ALF said:

Beane must have a plan not making a better offer to KC for Alex. Cousins must be asking too much . 

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744 

Scott Mccloughan doesn't think team should have trade a guy he drafted? Shock.  

51 minutes ago, ALF said:

....was the Smith tariff too tall for Beane to pull the trigger?......that would certainly preclude any Cousins deal....OR.......is Cousins his target which will cost more?.........OR....was the Smith extension a longer window than Beane wants, preferring a shorter vet bridge to groom his 1st round QB pick and the Peterman kid?....plenty of unanswered questions.....

1 hour ago, ALF said:

So the former GM of the skins likes a guy he drafted?

Crazy.

So the former GM of the skins criticizing the team that fired him?

Crazy.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Scott Mccloughan doesn't think team should have trade a guy he drafted? Shock.  

I know, right??

39 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Kirk Cousins: 29

Alex Smith: 33

4,000 yard seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1 Total

TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

I'm totally good with Beane not going in for Smith ... $70 Mil for above plus remember the year he didn't throw a TD to WR's a few years ago. 

Daniel Snyder's team continues to strive for mediocre ... I'll trust the process.  RG III's tweet was priceless ... that they'll find a way to blame him.

Bradford maybe on the radar now .. given his injury history .. maybe he'll be cheaper.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Cousins would be a fool to go to the Jets or the Browns. QB's go to those places to die.

I guess similar could be said about the Bills, but it looks like things are pointing up for us.

Cousins stated he wanted to go to a team and have a chance to win.    Of the teams looking only 3 fit that category.  

Buffalo, Jax and Denver (if their defense can hold)  

48 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Kirk Cousins: 29

Alex Smith: 33

4,000 yard seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1 Total

TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

In what way? Alex Smith wins games during the regular season, Cousins doesn't.  4,000 yard passing seasons dont get you the playoffs, wins do.

Yes I realize a QB cant do it by himself but it is the position with the highest influence on them.

Edited by matter2003