Bills fire Gill Byrd

8 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And I'm sure you KNOW with 100% certainty that Castillo will remain here, right?

Excellent post. Reasoned, and logical. Good lord, the panic and panty-twisting around here is getting to be a bit much.

He still is here isnt he. And the coach of a Probowl Unit and a Rookie of the year canned at Midnight on a Monday

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Take a deep breath, Bills Fans.  I don't think Daboll is done sorting his coaching team yet.

These guys got to prioritize.  Can't reschedule the Senior Bowl, got to get through a lot of film and background so they know who they want to look at, what to look for, and what to ask. Now there's 4 weeks to the Combine.  This is the week to do a deeper dive into the coaching assistants, look at who's still on the market, and talk to folks.  Expect some announcements on offense the week(s) after the Superbowl.

So in two weeks when staffs are set accross the NFL is the right time to fire Teflon Juan?

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

What completely turned the secondary around was completely turning the secondary around by literally replacing the entire unit. If Byrd had inherited the previous secondary and turned them around, I'd be more impressed. 

Byrd had 4 new starters in the secondary and they played extremely well together.  That in and of itself is a feat.  

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I dont suppose we could just be a little patient on this?

Nope not when a coach that made a unit weaker still here. And the coach that took an ALL new secondary and they were top end fired. 

Teflon Juan should have been fired immediately after season. But he is a McD guy so no telling what will happen with him. 

Juan should have been fired in September so I have been pretty patient already with this specific coach

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope not when a coach that made a unit weaker still here. And the coach that took an ALL new secondary and they were top end fired. 

Teflon Juan should have been fired immediately after season. But he is a McD guy so no telling what will happen with him. 

Juan should have been fired in September so I have been pretty patient already with this specific coach

Daboll said the first time he had a chance to meet with the offensive coaches was 4 days ago. Typically the HC will allow the OC to be involved with decisions on the offensive coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Well, I never said fire Frazier now. I know the roster was weak. It will be weak again. 

I never said you advocated firing him now. You said he will be on the hot seat. If you are convinced the roster will be weak next season, how will changing from Frazier to Butler help?

if byrd is replaced by butler, does that mean it's mcd's call or frazier's call? don't head coaches usually let the dc/od coordinators build their staff? i liked byrd as a player( which is something i'm sure a lot of members did not know ...and he sure seemed to have done a good job here), but whose decision was it?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll said the first time he had a chance to meet with the offensive coaches was 4 days ago. Typically the HC will allow the OC to be involved with decisions on the offensive coaching staff.

Often the HC gives the OC pretty much power to put together the staff he wants.  It would be pretty reactive (and arrogant) for Daboll to yell "everybody out of the building!" before he's had a chance to meet with the guys who are already on board.

Not to mention it's always possible that one or more of the guys he'd like to make a pitch for are still playing, or still officially on another team's staff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

January.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

if byrd is replaced by butler, does that mean it's mcd's call or frazier's call? don't head coaches usually let the dc/od coordinators build their staff? i liked byrd as a player( which is something i'm sure a lot of members did not know ...and he sure seemed to have done a good job here), but whose decision was it?

Both. 

3 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Ancestors were cotton plantation owners?

white slave name 

obviously.

learning how to be racist over here. be patient.

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

McD makes Those calls

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Often the HC gives the OC pretty much power to put together the staff he wants.  It would be pretty reactive (and arrogant) for Daboll to yell "everybody out of the building!" before he's had a chance to meet with the guys who are already on board.

Not to mention it's always possible that one or more of the guys he'd like to make a pitch for are still playing, or still officially on another team's staff.

i see a couple i am fond of.
patience for a couple more days.
then i can start bitchin' too. ha ha !!