Trading a 1st round pick

CEN-CAL17

I like a few others on here feel the Bills will try to trade down into the 2nd using one of their first to gain more picks.

Cleveland has picks 35 & 63 in the 2nd round. The value of those picks line up enough with our 22nd overall.

I would love to have picks 21, 35, 53, 55 & 63.

You sell it to Cleveland by saying “would you rather have 5 picks in the top 63... or 4 picks in the top 33?” That’s damn near 4 1st round picks.

But imagine if the Bills could fill there needs and have 5 picks in top 63....

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

It's always nice to create your own trade partners. 

Cleveland has enough picks and they will just stay where they are at, or trade down. They won't be trading up. 

It will tough to move back from 22 in this draft. Talent just isn't there. Lots of players are the same grade 

I think there is a better chance we package both 2nds to move into late 1st. 

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

When you say fill needs - I assume you mean starting players?  That would be a tough thing to accomplish although I certainly understand the meaning of your post.  

There are enough holes/needs on this team where more than likely 3 of those picks would be starters.

But for example say they pick a a RB with one of them. Is he gonna start? Probably not, but is a solid RB2 a need? Yep

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Cleveland has enough picks and they will just stay where they are at, or trade down. They won't be trading up. 

It will tough to move back from 22 in this draft. Talent just isn't there. Lots of players are the same grade 

It’s all hypothetical and in fun...

Yes that could happen. I just think this FO is more of a Pats draft style of valuing picks.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately no one knows the mindset of Beane and McD and what they wish to accomplish at this point. Heck, they might not even know yet.  They have proven themselves, especially McD in pin pointing scheme specific talent in the later rounds such as Dawkins and Milano. Do they trade up for their guy or sign a FA vet? Do they stay put and draft 2 blue chip players like a stud LB, DT or WR? Trade down as you suggest and stock pile players and hope you get quality starters?

IMO, I see a FA/Trade (3rd Rounder) vet like Smith or Bradford and draft someone to compete with Peterman.

Draft a stud DT/LB with our 1st and trade down with our 2nd first rd pick.

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Unfortunately no one knows the mindset of Beane and McD and what they wish to accomplish at this point. Heck, they might not even know yet.  They have proven themselves, especially McD in pin pointing scheme specific talent in the later rounds such as Dawkins and Milano. Do they trade up for their guy or sign a FA vet? Do they stay put and draft 2 blue chip players like a stud LB, DT or WR? Trade down as you suggest and stock pile players and hope you get quality starters?

IMO, I see a FA/Trade (3rd Rounder) vet like Smith or Bradford and draft someone to compete with Peterman.

Draft a stud DT/LB with our 1st and trade down with our 2nd first rd pick.

as you mentioned, we really do not know how these guys are looking at their process heading into this season. I expect conservative drafting in the first. But would not be surprised if they would finagle to find someone they were high on after 22-23.
another Tre White might be nice. or stack the picks by shifting down just a tinch.

who are the Bills friendly with these days? beside the andy reid  Chefs

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I like a few others on here feel the Bills will try to trade down into the 2nd using one of their first to gain more picks.

Cleveland has picks 35 & 63 in the 2nd round. The value of those picks line up enough with our 22nd overall.

You sell it to Cleveland by saying “would you rather have 5 picks in the top 63... or 4 picks in the top 33?” That’s damn near 4 1st round picks.

To me if we can't land Mayfield or Darnold then I want 5 picks in the top 63

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

So you are saying no teams will trade up with the bills because there is no talent to trade for but the bills are gonna trade up 

3 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I know you're using a hypothetical and all but I'll say Cleveland takes a QB, who realistically are they going to trade up for? I think another poster said this but I'm going to guess it's alot easier trading up then it is to trade down just for the fact that at 21/22 there has to be players that a team can't live without and aside from QB's in this draft I Just don't see it.

If we don’t go get a QB, I would be all about trading back from one of our 1sts. 

Ideally, I’d trade for another first in next years draft. With teams getting their WB this year, we’d have less competition to trade up in next years draft.  

If not, we will need more picks this draft to build around our lack of QB

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Direhard Fan said:

Sure looks like they are pushing the Mayfield want.  Might be smoke.  Keep what we have and go for five starters in the first five picks.

There is going to be a lot of misdirection by teams between now and the draft.  People need to get used to that concept.

5 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

And if you can do that, then I trade 35 down 7-10 spots and pick up an extra third and maybe something next year. Then you can trade 53 down 6-8 slots and pick up another 3rd especially since you have 55. You end up with a first, 4 seconds and 3 thirds and maybe an extra pick or two in '19. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

as you mentioned, we really do not know how these guys are looking at their process heading into this season. I expect conservative drafting in the first. But would not be surprised if they would finagle to find someone they were high on after 22-23.
another Tre White might be nice. or stack the picks by shifting down just a tinch.

who are the Bills friendly with these days? beside the andy reid  Chefs

just using history as a guide.

Bills will only dump players onto teams for draft picks who are playoff or Super Bowl bound.

They have not figured out the advantage of for EX:  a Browns high 2nd round pick and a Eagles low 2nd round pick for example.