Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Liking” Peterman, and being “all in” on Peterman are two different things. They didn’t like Cardale, he’s gone. They do like Peterman, seeing as they drafted him, and he gets to stay. “All in” means to me they believe he has a good chance to develop  into the franchise qb and they won’t bother upgrading in the draft (unless they can get Sam Darnold). Two different things.

I don't see it that way. I think they like Darnold as a prospect much better than Peterman(probably have Rosen higher also).  But if they cant get at either of those guys, they are going to work the draft and not get blinded by the other QBs.  IMO the 2nd tier QBs arent anything special.

All in on Peterman, to me, means that they are going to sign a bridge veteran like a McCown, Moore, or Drew Stanton and see if Peterman can beat him out in camp and give him the season. And then go from there.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If you want to get technical, 59.6% of his passes were caught by someone.

Lol.   Well,  when you have an interception rate in the double digits , the completion rate does get a significant bump when you count members of the opposing team as legit catchers .

Just now, BrooklynBills said:

I don't see it that way. I think they like Darnold as a prospect much better than Peterman(probably have Rosen higher also).  But if they cant get at either of those guys, they are going to work the draft and not get blinded by the other QBs.  IMO the 2nd tier QBs arent anything special.

All in on Peterman, to me, means that they are going to sign a bridge veteran like a McCown, Moore, or Drew Stanton and see if Peterman can beat him out in camp and give him the season. And then go from there.

That would be a horrible plan for a GM who has already said his #1 job as GM is to identify and acquire a franchise QB to make the Bills a perennial playoff contender.  The OP is trolling. 

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Lol.   Well,  when you have an interception rate in the double digits , the completion rate does get a significant bump when you count members of the opposing team as legit catchers .

He roughly completed one pass to the opposing team for every 4 completions to our team, fwiw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

I won't automatically dismiss anything because worst case it's entertaining, but here's what I don't get.

I don't think anyone thinks Darnold lasts past #6 overall at worst (unless there is something I don't know).  So to state they love Darnold but they want to keeps most of their picks or move up a little basically means it's Peterman in 2018.  "Staying put" or "moving up a little" and getting Darnold is basically 0%.  Or do you have reason to believe he could fall out of the top 15 somehow, cause I don't see that.

27 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You don't get to say Peterman just "sucks" after you lived as Tyrod's shield acting like people are to hard on him.

I do get to say that because... well, pretty sure it's a free country still... at least at the moment.

Besides, he does.  He's atrocious. 

Taylor doesn't suck.  He's just not a Franchise QB, which is why he'll be on another team next year if not this year.

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

Edited by Tatonka68

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

He is a little league pitcher throwing from the high school mound. NO BUENO.

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter. I guess he sucks to. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

So the Moral of the story is :    "Keep giving Peterman a chance even though his passer rating is higher when we assume he is playing for the opposing team?" :P

Edited by prissythecat

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

Beane's already rhetorically asked, 'Who doesn't love Kyle?' and then added they'd love to have Kyle back.

If he's truly done, it's because he's decided to retire.