Ken Dorsey to the Bills?

CLTbills

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. It's pretty freaking brutal from Mid-June through the end of August. I went to the Bills game here in week two. Good god it was awful.

different strokes for different folks, I flew down for the game week 2 and LOVED the heat...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

hmmmm...if he was doing so great with Cam I wonder why they fired him (not being an a$$, truly wondering)...I didn't know he was well regarding or credited for Cam's "development"

It's a strange firing, but I guess we have to wait and see what Carolina does with their offensive staff to understand what they were thinking. 

Edit: Nevermind...they hired Norv Turner. Norv wanted his son Scott to be the quarterback coach as a part of the deal and Rivera agreed to the terms. So that is why Dorsey was let go. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

different strokes for different folks, I flew down for the game week 2 and LOVED the heat...

Yeah, pretty much. Although I remember loving it when I first moved here. 7 years later...... efffffffff it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would have thought Dorsey was more of a possibility had Chudzinski been brought on as OC because they coached together. 

He strikes me as the kind of guy who had the head to play in the NFL, but not the athleticism, which is why coaching might be more his thing. 

Might be better to have a younger guy for our rookie QB. 

Either way, as has been pointed out, has to automatically be a step up from Culley. 

16 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Dorsey is a well regarded QB Coach? 

That is my problem with the potential hire....what has Dorsey done that makes him a good QB coach?

Trust me.  He's a damn good football coach and really put the finishing touches Shula could not on Newton.  

I would love to have Shula as QB coach and Dorsey as assistant but that's because I am greedy.

Either way, I'll ask some Panthers dudes. But this was mentioned earlier in the week on the Panthers board.

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

hmmmm...if he was doing so great with Cam I wonder why they fired him (not being an a$$, truly wondering)...I didn't know he was well regarding or credited for Cam's "development" so I guess I will have to take your word for it 

I know I'm not a pro. But I love Dorsey. And have for 4 years.  He is the reason Newton really developed in to a QB before the last year and a half when he regressed to full retard that he is.  Newton is uncoachable. Dorsey did a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

OK, so I'm not going to make a Dunkirk Don style prediction here because I don't have his "inside sources".... But I live in Charlotte. Just had a client who lives in Dorsey's neighborhood (same neighborhood Coach McD lived in when he was here) and is fairly close with the Dorsey's. She saw my Bills cup on my desk this morning and said it sounds like they're coming to Buffalo. Wife isn't happy about the cold, haha. It'll be interesting to see. 

Can't say I'll be surprised, nor will anybody. What are your thoughts? I know I've seen some posts on here that some guys would like to have him if we're going to draft a young QB.

I 'm glad you don't have his inside sources since they were voices inside his head ;-)   Speaking of the guy,  why haven't we seen any predictions from his as of late.    Maybe more insight on our new stadium.   Or what QB or coach we are going after.      Connect the dots baby.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Wasn't there some rumor he would follow Matt Nagy to Chicago? 

The rumor was that the Chiefs were not going to retain Culley when they made the change to Nagy(and in fact a few long time Reid guys were not retained last year).  I doubt that he is going to go with him to the Bears with Herzlich now the OC.  Just doesn't seem like a fit.

I could see both Castillo and Culley winding up on Pat Shurmur's staff in NY.  They both have obvious ties to him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Trust me.  He's a damn good football coach and really put the finishing touches Shula could not on Newton.  

Either way, I'll ask some Panthers dudes. But this was mentioned earlier in the week on the Panthers board.

I know I'm not a pro. But I love Dorsey. And have for 4 years.  He is the reason Newton really developed in to a QB before the last year and a half when he regressed to full retard that he is.  Newton is uncoachable. Dorsey did a lot.

FWIW Cam was an historically unfinished product coming out of Auburn -- didn't read D's, made few audibles, did not have any kind of sophistication whatsoever about how O works.  He was all raw talent, and remember he only played/started at the D1 level for one year.  I don't know what Dorsey did with him but whatever else you can say about Cam he's come a LONG way as a pro.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he is generally regarded as a guy that really understands the position. He played it at a high level in college and played a few years in the NFL with pretty much zero athletic ability or talent. He had a noodle arm, so he got everything he could by being smart and good technique. That's the kind of guy I want as my quarterback coach. He is very strong with the cerebral side of the game. He also has a background in pro scouting. He is generally credited with doing a lot for Cam Newton in terms of technique etc.  

I also like the idea of some young blood on the staff. 

This is an absolute spot-on comment.  Dorsey would be a nice "get" for the staff and may also help in evaluating the QBs in the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I did see that he’s interviewing with Falcons for QB coach (along with Darrell Bevell)

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football/falcons-interview-ken-dorsey-for-vacant-coach-spot/3vyXUQqoGAkna49UhbTJRM/

Wow Bevell is interviewing for QB coach? I remember when he was taking HC interviews.

How the mighty have fallen

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Devils advocate: What has he done?

Newton, Ponder and Webb.

I’m a big Cam fan but he has been infuriating at times with piss poor mechanics.

Not sure what Dorsey actually Brings to the table?

besides Newton, not a ton to work with there.  And Newton had an MVP season.  

50 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

FWIW Cam was an historically unfinished product coming out of Auburn -- didn't read D's, made few audibles, did not have any kind of sophistication whatsoever about how O works.  He was all raw talent, and remember he only played/started at the D1 level for one year.  I don't know what Dorsey did with him but whatever else you can say about Cam he's come a LONG way as a pro.

fantastic point.