Mason Rudolph has tiny hands

I guess they are measuring hand flat on its palm, and then they measure from tip of thumb to tip of pinky.

I just did that and came up with 9.5".

I'm 5'11" and can't grab a football really well.

I know there are guys with hands way bigger.

If my hands are 9.5", I would want like 10.5" or more if I was going to throw footballs for a living.

PS:  Tom Brady is a tall, lanky guy who stands 6'4" right?

Just looking at his hand on the football in a game, I can tell you his hand is way bigger than mine.  It has to be.

Either there is no way he is 9.34" or I am somehow measuring my hand wrong.

Edited by Fadingpain

Like I posted hours ago. Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Tom Brady have measured 9.38 inch hands. Philip Rivers, 9.25 inches. Eli Manning 9.13 inches.Jimmy Garoppolo 9.25 inches. I'm very happy to know that half the people in this forum would NEVER draft these guys [if you could go back in time] because of their tiny hands.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE HANDS. Go cheer on Paxton Lynch and his big hands...

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

5 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Like I posted hours ago. Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Tom Brady have measured 9.38 inch hands. Philip Rivers, 9.25 inches. Eli Manning 9.13 inches.Jimmy Garoppolo 9.25 inches. I'm very happy to know that half the people in this forum would NEVER draft these guys [if you could go back in time] because of their tiny hands.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE HANDS. Go cheer on Paxton Lynch and his big hands...

4f8d4ad061461ae3909a86db4fb4fb4c--positive-living.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that this is where I chime in and mention Brees and Wilson

Surely he is as tall as Wilson (5'11") and Brees (6'0") right?  Any chance he's 5'10?

He sure looks really short.

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Surely he is as tall as Wilson (5'11") and Brees (6'0") right?  Any chance he's 5'10?

He sure looks really short.

He does look tiny. I remember Manziel looking small and then he measured like 6-0. If Mayfield measures any number with a 6 he will be okay. If there is a five there I think there will be a lot of people taking him off the board. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He does look tiny. I remember Manziel looking small and then he measured like 6-0. If Mayfield measures any number with a 6 he will be okay. If there is a five there I think there will be a lot of people taking him off the board. 

One inch shouldn't make that big a difference, unless....:lol:

But seriously, I think the 6'0 vs 5'11 is like $100 vs $99.99. I agree, it's a psychological thing and will hurt him.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

Mayfield's measurements will be poor.  I want to see what he can do at the senior bowl against a lot of other talented guys.  Show us why we should take you.  Step out of the Oklahoma system and show me what you got.  Same goes for all of these QBs.  Rudolph not playing this week will hurt his status IMO.  I needed to see him dominate the senior bowl to be willing to take him in the first round and now he's not even playing and he has a full inch smaller hands than I do.  Hands don't really make that much of a difference but seriously?  Barely above 9 inch hands for a 6'5" QB?  I was looking forward to seeing what his footwork looked like this week.  He's making it really difficult to consider drafting him high.  

My hands are 9 5/8' ....

and I'm only 5'10!

i run a great veer option and still run a 4.44 fourty .. have a slick 3/4 arm delivery, am left handed  and will play for the recuperation of my season ticket fees under Rex Ryan!

im awaiting my call 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And will have a different number (bigger) at the Combine watch 

Agreed - I am guessing they will work on stretching and placement in his pre combine work and it will be bigger when they measure at the combine.

One of the biggest issues I have with the combine is how everyone gets specially prepared for it.  It is why the wonderlic scores of QBs like Marino and Kelly look so bad compared to guys coming out know.  These guys take tons of prep tests and work on their weak spots and if a top end QB has a lower score today - that is a bigger issue than 20-30 years ago.

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

My hands are 9 5/8' ....

and I'm only 5'10!

i run a great veer option and still run a 4.44 fourty .. have a slick 3/4 arm delivery, am left handed  and will play for the recuperation of my season ticket fees under Rex Ryan!

im awaiting my call 

Nobody runs a veer in the NFL...why don't you go call Jack Lengyel at Marshall...

I seriously could not care less about the size of their hands. If they can throw the ball, they can throw the ball.

What is the fear, that they will fumble more often? I'll take a couple more fumbles each year if a guy can throw the ball well.