Happy 20th Birthday to TSW!

18 hours ago, stevewin said:

Wasn't a huge fan of Hogboy (and that whole poster genre) - but the spearing contest thread was inspired

The spearing contest was my favorite thread of all-time. Hogboy was amazing.

Happy birthday Scott. Can't thank you enough for the best board ever made.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The first ever post on The Stadium Wall was exactly 20 years ago today:

https://web.archive.org/web/19980123223656/http://www.twobillsdrive.com:80/talk/messages/3.htm

Old School, yo!

Well that has a different look.

Ahh, the Flutie days, good times, pretty sad he was the best QB we've had since Kelly.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Happy Birthday TSW. 

What kind of birthday cake would be appropriate for the tailgate next year?  Maybe a cake in the shape of a giant pickle with green frosting? Or as someone said in that thread..."a giant abortion"?

The "Whammie Weenie"

20 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Wow, that is spooky, some early oracles were pushing to trade up for a QB while complaining about the current QB, it is a time machine!

Jack Kemp and Daryle Lamonica

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Love seeing everyone come out for these threads...

right?  that's what i was coming back for!

who was going to be the next "oh, yeah!"

imagine one of those really old timers coming in and posting something.  we get excited with just The Dean and senator stopping by every year.  imagine just going back a short while for stuckincinci?!

memory has failed me on so many of them.

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

right?  that's what i was coming back for!

who was going to be the next "oh, yeah!"

imagine one of those really old timers coming in and posting something.  we get excited with just The Dean and senator stopping by every year.  imagine just going back a short while for stuckincinci?!

memory has failed me on so many of them.

T-Bone?  NJ Sue? 

6 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Imma go ahead and pass on the birthday cake...

Maybe we could find T-Bone and he could jump out of it with some tassels on his tatas....I'm sure that would draw your interest!

4 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

T-Bone?  NJ Sue? 

Maybe we could find T-Bone and he could jump out of it with some tassels on his tatas....I'm sure that would draw your interest!

T-Bone is still here under an alias, i understood.  or at least was a few years ago.

i am trying to find the list of members to see the oldest members.  it's amazing that some of the oldest members from the early 2000's have so few posts.

this board has seen a lot.  a lot of great things, a lot of good times and of course unspeakable things, too.

i'm so curious for our future here.

16 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wow that is funny to read. Funny how little things have changed. People burying a QB others not being down on Todd Collins. I thought everyone just agreed he sucked... I was very young when he started but I got the vibe everyone thought he sucked.

Did he really have backers back in the day?

Dilly dilly!!!  He was undervalued...he coulda been the man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

it's amazing that some of the oldest members from the early 2000's have so few posts.

I lost 10,000 posts with the new version of the software/database.  Oh well - they weren't that good anyway.

Happy Birth day! thanks a lot to SDS, Jay, Mead and many others for starting and keeping this broad for XX Years! I jumped from Hyperbills to TBD in the middle of 98,

using Netscape browser and man! it has been fun, I have transitioned screen names multiple times, (Kent Hull Jr, cyber-bills, etc) but been reading for years. I intend to participate more actively (and visibly) and look forward to being part of the history and archives for 20 years  more to come.

Best of all for you guys!

Manny

Edited by BuffaLoko
paragraph alignment

Thanks to TBD my wife and I have made  so many close friends over the years.

It is amazing each and every game, how come to Hammers and park with other TBD members threads has been a catalyst for making so many new friends from all over the world.  

Again, a huge thank you Scott.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

I wonder if the old D&C discussion pages are archived somewhere ... thank you, Scott for giving us a home.

I found/posted above the earliest record of Hyperbills I could find - which does indeed have a few posts on the forum.  But - it is a far cry from a real archive - more like a glimpse at the past.

It would be funny to find out who posted first/fell for it first of the pixyland.org guy....   Who is still out there as I had to explain that today.  His site has 12M hits, at least 15,000 of those were generated from TSW.

Or when Belinda would get mad and we'd have to do "nm" or Belinda in the thread...

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

it's amazing that some of the oldest members from the early 2000's have so few posts.

I have changed usernames a couple times - and don't care to get them all linked.  I probably have 10,000+ if they were all combined.  In one of the later iterations - I was one of the first few to register - so was like member #6.  Back in those days, I bounced around a bit.  Doing the Usenet group, Hyperbills, another site or two, TSW, one of the BB.COM iterations...  But here is home for my Bills fix.

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I lost 10,000 posts with the new version of the software/database.  Oh well - they weren't that good anyway.

I'm saying that we have some of these numbers that have been here almost 15 years or more and still don't even have 3,000 posts. Even if I lost $10,000 it's still remarkably low. There are a couple things that stick in my memory. One time there was a guy whose first post was almost 4 years after he registered. And another one who recently posted a couple months ago... Or maybe it was right after we lost a New England the second time, saying this is the most excited he's been in a long time and he only had a dozen posts going for something light 12 years