Does the Jags performance against Pittsburgh change your evaluation of the Bills roster?

LA Grant

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

If by "change your mind about the roster" you mean "not try to improve it," I doubt you'll find anyone, much less the Bills, who doesn't think that the roster needs to be upgraded over the off-season, no matter how far the Jags go.

Nah, I definitely don't think that. Our roster is clearly in midst of rebuilding. I'm of the opinion that each game is very case-by-case. Also, the AFC is weak conference at the moment which allowed for the Bills to squeak in.

But I do think that, had the Jags been blown out, it would have reflected worse on our roster. We still have the same holes, but maybe we're closer to being contenders than we'd have ventured in, say, Week 8. 

I liked our defense this year. I know it wasn't perfect but I was confident that the defense would keep us in games.

I didn't like the offense this year. Even when it was turnover heaven it seemed the offense never capitalized.

I had more faith in defense production then offense production. The playoff we played against Jax gave me the exact feeling as the game against the Panthers. We can't score points. We held Jax to 10. If we won that game it would of been the same situation. The defense probably holds up for the offense to choke the game away. 

I think the offense needs some real attention. They rode on the backs if defense all year. Although I assume that it was not an option and they rolled with what they had. Excited for the future definitely.

Edited by Lfod

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nope I’ve said it for 2 plus years - we need a QB.  

Bortles sucks.  Where was the Steelers D? Also - how dumb are the Steelers players not getting out of bounds at the end?  That number 89 should be shot.  

Edited by Badthingsman

57 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Does the fact that we lost to a team that made it to the AFC Championship Game change your opinion of our roster at all?

Or is every game such a case-by-case basis that you'd feel the same, even if Pittsburgh had blown out the Jags?

It just confirms what I already knew: the Bills offense is terrible. Doesn't make things any better. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

Does the fact that we lost to a team that made it to the AFC Championship Game change your opinion of our roster at all?

Or is every game such a case-by-case basis that you'd feel the same, even if Pittsburgh had blown out the Jags?

No, because my evaluation is based on the entire season, as well as players performances in prior seasons, and of course , their age.

Edited by OJABBA

Yes.  The Jags looked like also rans dropping their last game of the season and squeaking by Buffalo 10-3 at home.  After beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh it adds to their credibility.   

I think they will get beat up by the Pats* but I also feel better about our defense, especially the game planning aspect,  on that side of the ball.  Offense still stinks.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Bortles sucks.  Where was the Steelers D? Also - how dumb are the Steelers players not getting out of bounds at the end?  That number 89 should be shot.  

Yeah, Bottled Bortles sucks.  He outplayed Tentative Taylor and Big Ben. 

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I can't connect the dots....

Is your pen out of ink?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
damn autocorrect

Proves that we have MUCH better coaching than the Steelers.  Numerous miscues by the Steelers: (1) TWO times on 4th and 1, got "cute" and failed to convert; (2) kicking an onside kick when it made zero sense to do so; (3) not kicking the FG, letting the clock run to 1 second; and then (4) with one second left, not trying an onside w/ laterals, etc.  Instead kicking it right to Jax.  

Fraizer is a MUCH BETTER DC than Butler also.  Butler took an entire half to realize that to stop Jags running game you need a safety in the box.  It's like he realized this at halftime.  Did they watch tape of the Bills game.  Seems like the Steelers were looking ahead to next week.  MCD would not let that happen.  

11 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Nope.  The Bills sold out completely to stop the run and, in that game, Bortles could not make them pay.  That does not mean that their defense is good.  Indeed, without the turnovers they got this year, this defense is bottom 1/3 of the NFL.

It is like saying if the Jax don't get the 55 sacks, they will be in the bottom 1/3rd of the NFL!!!!

11 hours ago, LA Grant said:

This one

It does make me think that the Bills defense was far, far better then the stats showed. Better than the Steelers defense too. It gives me hope that this team will field a top ten defense in 2018. 

Now if the team can find a way to score enough to keep up with the Patriots...

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Proves that we have MUCH better coaching than the Steelers.  Numerous miscues by the Steelers: (1) TWO times on 4th and 1, got "cute" and failed to convert; (2) kicking an onside kick when it made zero sense to do so; (3) not kicking the FG, letting the clock run to 1 second; and then (4) with one second left, not trying an onside w/ laterals, etc.  Instead kicking it right to Jax.  

Fraizer is a MUCH BETTER DC than Butler also.  Butler took an entire half to realize that to stop Jags running game you need a safety in the box.  It's like he realized this at halftime.  Did they watch tape of the Bills game.  Seems like the Steelers were looking ahead to next week.  MCD would not let that happen.  

Many of them were.

13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah, Bottled sucks.  He outplayed Tentative Taylor and Big Ben. 

Bortles didn't outplay big Ben.

Did you even watch the game?

215yds 1td 0int is not outplaying 469tds 5td1int

Bortles had a fumble his team recovered, Ben lost his (albeit for a TD) when he got smashed between Dareus and another player and it came flying out.

In no way did bortles outplay Ben.