Hawaii This is not a drill!!

Chef Jim

41 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Methinks it was done on purpose to evaluate how people would respond. Thankfully we didn't start lobbing missiles towards NK.

I hear everyone ran around in circles shouting "We're dead man, we're dead!"

I'm sure this was duly noted by officials as part of the drill.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The people that actually know whats going on with missile launches via satellite etc 

Sherpa's former Navy.  He knows better than I do that there's no "US Air Command."

Space Command controls the warning platforms.  STRATCOM the missiles.  And we get about three days of warning before a DPRK launch, not 20 minutes.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Oh.

Since there is no such command, I was wondering who you meant.

Yeah...but what do you know?  Go supersize my fries.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Sherpa's former Navy.  He knows better than I do that there's no "US Air Command."

Space Command controls the warning platforms.  STRATCOM the missiles.  And we get about three days of warning before a DPRK launch, not 20 minutes.

Yeah...but what do you know?  Go supersize my fries.

Thank you. my original point was we aren't lobbing missiles because some guy sent out a alert by mistake. 

1 hour ago, The Avenger said:

I've made some mistakes on the job before, but I'm happy to report that none of them ever caused an entire state to panic and caused the president to be briefed in the middle of his golf game - that is an epic level screwup.

He finished his round so he's good.

16 hours ago, The Avenger said:

I've made some mistakes on the job before, but I'm happy to report that none of them ever caused an entire state to panic and caused the president to be briefed in the middle of his golf game - that is an epic level screwup.

Most I ever got to panic was a college, 1500 students, a major bank, and a teacher's union.

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

You don't have to lift the manhole.  Use a crowbar for leverage and slide it to the side

I know that. They weigh a ton and will take you fingers off.

so folks in the vacation land have crowbars all over and honestly know how to slide those off

Edited by Helpmenow

4 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

I know that. They weigh a ton and will take you fingers off.

so folks in the vacation land have crowbars all over and honestly know how to slide those off

All you need is one person that has a prybar or tire iron and the know how. 

Or YouTube

On 1/14/2018 at 8:07 AM, Boyst62 said:

I would bet it was a political stunt. Plain and simple. Keep everyone in fear. Rile up the fan bases to keep them motivated in hate.

It's all bs. Truth be known Kim Jung is friggin CIA and the backward country of NK barely has enough tech to put together a molitov cocktail.