Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Buddy confirms. But says price starts with a 2nd rounder (right now)

If they get a 2nd rounder for him, it would be the swindle of the decade.

I hope they do!

I would give a 6th or 7th if I needed a conditional depth player.

I think he may be the least nimble player on the team, which is a problem.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

37 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I couldn’t see the Bills getting a 2nd rounder for him. I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask

30 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I mean there's some untapped potential in the guy but I don't see us getting a 2nd.  If we could that would be fantastic.

Yeah thats just what he says the asking price is. From what i can tell by talking its like a not selling cheap thing

11 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Is this even a credible source or do we take anything at face value?

They have been credible in the past. As with anything like this, no, don’t take it at “face value.” Take it fwiw. A rugby website said Sammy was on the trade block months prior to it going down. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Other Names i am hearing with addition of shaq

and taylor and glenn are

miller

washington

and a shocking one text verbatim 

”dont be suprised if you hear CCs name floated around on the block” 

If they are cleaning up that much then we must have a very strong feel for FA.

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and taylor and glenn are

miller

washington

Is CC Charles Clay?  If yes, that isn’t shocking.  Of that whole list, the most shocking is Lawson.  Taylor will not fetch anything of value, Glenn might get a 3rd and Miller and Washington will be hard-pressed to return a 5th or more.

Overall, I like the team’s direction, but this fire sale, if true, seems imprudent.  The picks you might get for those guys are very unlikely to even match the production of those guys.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Is CC Charles Clay?  If yes, that isn’t shocking.  Of that whole list, the most shocking is Lawson.  Taylor will not fetch anything of value, Glenn might get a 3rd and Miller and Washington will be hard-pressed to return a 5th or more.

Overall, I like the team’s direction, but this fire sale, if true, seems imprudent.  The picks you might get for those guys are very unlikely to even match the production of those guys.

Yeah CC is Clay. It was shocking to me because he is very productive and the New OC works with TEs a ton. And he was very productive under new OC in MIA 

Edited by MAJBobby

Ultimately, I believe the Bills look at a Lawson or a Hughes and say; Do these guys fit in the system we want to run?  Would we have drafted either of them in any round?  The Bills have a very clear idea the skill set they want at each position and I think these, and others, don't fit that model.  Still good players, just not right for what the Bills are looking to do.  I just think it is hard to replace your entire defensive line in one year, assuming Kyle retires.  Fortunately for the Bills some of the DE they have (Yarbrough and Ryan) were situationally productive.  DTs, not so much.  I hope they have a list of -under the radar personnel- they have their eye on cause there are a lot of holes to fill.  Hopefully they can do to the Defensive line and LB core what they did to the secondary last year.  If they can, this defense can be special.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t sell low on him. I don’t know that he will ever be a top end guy but I think that he can be an 8 sack guy that’s good against the run. There’s no reason to open another hole.

I think they didn't see a large drop off after davis/yarbrough/capi played... and none of them was expensive or hard to acquire.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, LEBills said:

Hated the pick when we took him. Hated the pick more when we found out his shoulder was a bum. 

They can probably find find a cheaper, edge setting DE with a low draft pick (which is all we can expect back) so I get the move. Such a shame that our recent history is littered with wasted draft capital.

Why open the hole and use a draft pick to fill it the exact same way?

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

Shaq is an immovable force for edge setting on runs. He repeatedly pushs two blockers like 1 OL+1 RB or 1 OL+1 med TE forward and holds his own if two OL block him.

Why trade him for a conditional 5th or 6th that we all know will be from a team drafting very late in those rounds like they did with KC Philly and LA dumb trades.

Then draft a guy or sign a FA with similar skills to then have as much or more money tied up in cap between the two? STUPID.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I think they didn't see a large drop off after davis/yarbrough/capi played... and none of them was expensive or hard to acquire.

As I said earlier, this is key and when you look at Davis and Yarborough they have that pass rush burst that you want out of a DE.  We'll hang on to both of them for sure.  Would like a blue chip player at the position now.  Really love Bradly Chubb but he's going top 10-15 easily.

1 hour ago, buffalostu2 said:

I generally agree with this unless you can get a guy that's far superior.  Since we have a QB need we most likely are not targeting a guy like Bradly Chubb who is actually the full package.

We missed his run defense as the year wore on. Yarbrough routinely got his ass handed to him as he lost his corner. 

Lawson is a bit stiff in the hips and doesn't have a great first step, but he is adequate as a pass rusher as he isn't without athleticism and he's strong at the POA. Until we have a definite upgrade at the position, it makes little sense to get rid of him at this point. 

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

and taylor and glenn are

miller

washington

No surprise if all of Whaley’s gems are gone.

Except Troy O’Leary, he is a fine back-up TE.

1 hour ago, buffalostu2 said:

You assume too much here. Maybe they get a draft pick in return, but don’t use it to fill it the exact same way, but rather upgrade at the position in FA or elsewhere in the draft. Maybe they use the pick on a RB and sign a pass rusher in FA who is better than Shaq.  If he’s a liability in the pass rush, or there is an opportunity to upgrade, there is already a hole there whether it’s on paper or not. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah CC is Clay. It was shocking to me because he is very productive and the New OC works with TEs a ton. And he was very productive under new OC in MIA 

He is, but like Glenn, they are good players with injury concerns. Some dead money comes with a trade, it appears, but I'd think they wouldn't move Clay without getting a decent return.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

He is, but like Glenn, they are good players with injury concerns. Some dead money comes with a trade, it appears, but I'd think they wouldn't move Clay without getting a decent return.

I agree...  and frankly there are always players available for trade at the right price. Very few on this team are “untouchable” at this point if the rebuild. Clay’s knee situation isn’t getting any better, but he shows up on Sundays so I’m good with him staying.