Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

In half the time as well.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

The entire DL was atrocious that’s how.

While i personally don’t care whether they trade Shaq or not, I think that sack stat is too simple to tell a story. Neither had enough sacks this year to raise an eyebrow. I would be more interested in how many pressures were generated by Shaq, and in comparison, Hughes. Using sack totals to define pass rushers isn't as reliable anymore with the next gen stats available now. Pressure comes in many forms and Hughes is often shown affecting the QB and the play even if he isn’t finishing it off with tallying a sack. 

19 hours ago, joesixpack said:

How could you possibly have known that about Ragland? More importantly how can you know that about Lawson who was drafted hurt (fail) and when he’s been healthy has had zero pass rush impact? The guys trash and wouldn’t be a #2 de on any quality team. 

because they were both successful College players. and rex effect set rookie players back season.
I don't know. I did not know. But both certainly have yet to reach their abilities in the NFL. The only argument i might give consideration? Is scheme fit.

and gee whiz looks like there might be a major turnover in LBs this year too. certainly they are moving Alexander to situational pass rushing. No one but me likes Preston Brown and Humber is a ST player who can support the LBs.
still a weak feature of the defense for the Bills.

Lawson led the Bills in sacks or something like that. Thats a defense problem not a Lawson problem 

18 hours ago, BillsVet said:

McD needs pressure from the front 4. Lawson has an extremely slow get off and isn't going to provide what the HC needs.  

I can see why they'd be look to move in. 

depth and quality rotation are McDermotts buzz words for D line/ Lawson fits that bill.
Now Washington kinda actually blows and i have no issue with moving on from him in trade. But again. needed depth? quality depth ? Adolphus might catch fire this offseason.

bird in the hand eh?

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

While i personally don’t care whether they trade Shaq or not, I think that sack stat is too simple to tell a story. Neither had enough sacks this year to raise an eyebrow. I would be more interested in how many pressures were generated by Shaq, and in comparison, Hughes. Using sack totals to define pass rushers isn't as reliable anymore with the next gen stats available now. Pressure comes in many forms and Hughes is often shown affecting the QB and the play even if he isn’t finishing it off with tallying a sack. 

Jerry had 11 QB hits and Shaq had 6

Edited by Buffalo716

17 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Shaq Lawson plays for the Bills?

lines up on the edge and can move inside. surely you have seen him.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

its one of Kyle Williams best attributes. Pressures. whether tallied or not. I watched them.
everyone will improve when we get Dareus' replacement who needs to be  doubled

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jerry had 11 QB hits and Shaq had 6

might as well put the list up for Bills front four and the backups.
and then the run pass ratio per game.

geez stats are funny things. But Hughes gets much more pressure and attention (eyes) as compared to Lawson so far. rightly so.

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

lines up on the edge and can move inside. surely you have seen him.

its one of Kyle Williams best attributes. Pressures. whether tallied or not. I watched them.
everyone will improve when we get Dareus' replacement who needs to be  doubled

might as well put the list up for Bills front four and the backups.
and then the run pass ratio per game.

geez stats are funny things. But Hughes gets much more pressure and attention (eyes) as compared to Lawson so far. rightly so.

I don't know the run pass ratio but Lorenzo had 13 QB hits.

jerry 11

Kyle 9

yarborough 7

Ryan Davis 7

Shaq 6

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...