Dareus Sad!

Watched a locker room interview with Marcel after the game and he seemed really sad about beating us. The reporter asked him specifically how he felt and you could hear it in his voice that he was not really excited about beating the Bills.

Its the first time i saw a player that is fresh off of a victory sound so down and discouraged. I expected his reaction to be a lot different.

Would any of you welcome Dareus back minus the huge contract?

4 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Watched a locker room interview with Marcel after the game and he seemed really sad about beating us. The reporter asked him specifically how he felt and you could hear it in his voice that he was not really excited about beating the Bills.

Its the first time i saw a player that is fresh off of a victory sound so down and discouraged. I expected his reaction to be a lot different.

Would any of you welcome Dareus back minus the huge contract?

I think he bonded with a lot of guys in the locker room.... that said he will never again be a bill

He's a big kid and I don't mean to say that in a disparaging manner.  He was pretty stung by the trade and hopefully it serves as a wake up call for him.  His problem has always been focus and his biggest enemy is free time.  He needs to find a good woman that will set his ass straight and get him focused on life.

I would love to have him back, but it wouldn't work with McD.  It happens.  Losing Dareus hurt.  He didn't want to leave and that's been clear since he was sent packing.  I hope he has a great rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

He's a big kid and I don't mean to say that in a disparaging manner.  He was pretty stung by the trade and hopefully it serves as a wake up call for him.  His problem has always been focus and his biggest enemy is free time.  He needs to find a good woman that will set his ass straight and get him focused on life.

Or a man! Who knows?

he's a good kid with a heart. as much as he is chastised by many, hope he fares well in his career and life. I wouldn't trade places with him for all the loss he endured, money or not, it played and still plays with his head.

maybe they'll get past the steelers and he/they can knock the snot out of brady.

On how the first playoff win feels and against his former team:

“Man. A lot of ups and downs, it’s just the way life is. The game is the same way. When things are going like this you have to keep on a straight and narrow path as long as you’re moving forward and making your way up with making the right decisions, you must be living right. Things have to go the right way, I guess.”

On Bills fans in Jacksonville:

"They were going crazy. I love it. They just bring that energy. It was pretty fun. They all came out and showed up and had a great time."

On the team surviving and advancing:

“Yeah. Every play, every rep and every step out there you earn the right to do another one. I’m at a loss for words right now. I have a lot of friends (out there) and it was an emotional game. I didn’t think it was going to be like that. I didn’t think I was going to feel like that, but man it’s life. It is what it is and it’s a game.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

As Eric Wood says "Depression is more than just sadness........it's all consuming".   Dareus is pretty lost.  The further he's gotten away from the structure of Saban the less athletic he's got.......and sadly he's just entering his prime age for a high talent DL.

He's still a load to block against the run and that stretch of games where the Bills became the worst defense they've ever fielded was directly related to trading him.  Fact.

But going from "We're going to do this with love" with a bunch of players he knew well back to ice cold Marrone and a bunch of dudes he don't wasn't a particularly good turn of events for him, IMO.    

As for needing a good woman, does Vince Wilfork wife have a sister.:devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Eh, screw him. He got traded because he didn't buy in, or go all in with McD & Crew. You cannot have your highest paid player not buying in does not set a good example for the younger players, and goes against everything McDermott wants to a build a team around. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would take Dareus back.

I think that a lot of the negative stuff about him being some kind of problem on the team was a narrative some were pushing to justify getting rid of him and the minimal return.

By all reports, his teammates loved him and he loved playing in Buffalo and embraced the city and the people.  He was about to get some community service award when he was traded. Ironically, Dareus played successfully for the guy who I heard use the term "process" in the football context for the first time.  That guy won another national championship yesterday.

Just my two cents.

Whether he was or wasn't motivated and whether he had issues off the field or not our rush defense would have been so much better for the later half of the season if we had just waited to release him or trade him, idec if he played only half the games down the stretch, his contribution and presence gave our defense that piece we needed to help stop the run a lot more consistently. 

Just a quick analysis of how much rushing yards we gave up before and after he was traded:

Jets = 38 Yards rushing.

Panthers = 77 Yards rushing

Broncos = 111 Yards rushing (but we won)

Falcons = 147 Yards rushing (but we won)

Bengals = 65 yards rushing

Tampa Bay = 63 Yards rushing

*DAREUS IS TRADED TO JAX*

Oakland = 54 Yards rushing

Jets = 194 Yards rushing

Saints = 298 Yards rushing

Chargers = 146 Yards rushing

Chiefs = 55 Yards rushing (finally!)

Patriots: 191 Yards rushing 

Colts = 167 Yards rushing (snow game + win)

Dolphins = 100 Yards rushing (win)

Patriots = 193 Yards rushing

Dolphins = 93 Yards rushing (win)

Proof is in the pudding.